May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar

Go down
Aeront
Aeront
Admin
https://terrafirma.forumotion.com

Battle 5: vs Colossus of De-Zum-Ri Lv 12 - Page 3 Empty Battle 5: vs Colossus of De-Zum-Ri Lv 12

Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:18 pm
First topic message reminder :

First Message:

Last edited by Aeront on Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:51 pm; edited 4 times in total

[VIOLET]
[VIOLET]

Battle 5: vs Colossus of De-Zum-Ri Lv 12 - Page 3 Empty Re: Battle 5: vs Colossus of De-Zum-Ri Lv 12

Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:46 pm

Despite hearing his name, Arthur didn't look back at the scholar immediately; but his attention shifted, the tranquil focus he had on his work quietly broken. Beneath him, in a small clay pot, stood a pair of yellow flowers in loamy soil supported against a thin, dry reed.

"Hnh, it's a skill rather than a hobby, I'd say." He wiped a bead of sweat from his brow with the sleeve of his undershirt, "An old friend of mine nearly lost control of his garden, once-- collected a few too many specimens to care for, and kept coming late to work... so I picked up the slack for him. Regardless... it's just a gift. I'd rather be in the smithy, all things said."

He paused for a moment; then, finally, turned in his crouch towards Bran.

"Physical combat... hnh- as if training you now would improve your odds against an opponent of that calibre. You've hardly any muscle mass, for starters... Suppose we have two weeks, or even six: even if I do suspect you would learn quickly, building endurance takes just as much time as it does great effort. Are you sure this is a valuable use of either of those, when you could be honing your magic?"

"I do know my way around the staff," he added, "It was my first weapon before I was given a sword. However... I don't plan to waste any more of my time teaching young men who don't have the good sense to survive. I'd much rather you stay far behind me-- or sit that one out entirely-- than make you think you can handle those men in close quarters."
GM_3826
GM_3826

Battle 5: vs Colossus of De-Zum-Ri Lv 12 - Page 3 Empty Re: Battle 5: vs Colossus of De-Zum-Ri Lv 12

Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:17 pm
Arthur certainly had a point. Bran was scrawny. In a fight, he could hardly measure up to a common soldier, much less a knight of their calibur.

But Bran knew what he had to do.

"I have no other choice." Although Bran was anxious just a moment ago, he relaxed his muscles, his mind resolute. "You're absolutely right that given the time we have, I couldn't hope to best a knight in a one-in-one battle. But it's just as I say. The knights have the capability to render all the pointing and waving I do useless. How am I supposed to do anything against such a threat without even a hint of combat ability? Besides, we won’t be fighting one-on-one. I’ll have the rest of Regiment 1-31 behind my back."

Although Bran was short, he stood up straight, in an attempt to appear taller. He still couldn't compare to Arthur's height, but it at least made it clear that he would not budge on this. "I could sit this one out. That would certainly be possible. But I wouldn't want to stay behind as we're taking the fight to the frontlines. I'd feel worthless. I spent all this time learning magic so I could explore the world and defend myself, and so what? Just so I could stay at home and do some paperwork? I might not be a born soldier, but I'm a part of this army all the same."

At this point, Bran began to gesture as he spoke, leaning over slightly. Although he was not casting a spell, he might as well put all that time he spent learning to wave his hands to use. "I will never measure up to a warrior who's spent his life from the age of 6 training his body and mind to battle. But I need to do something against such an enemy. I will do my best to cast magic and provide intel during that fight, but I need another skill to fall back on. You can teach me the basics of combat. Maybe that won’t be enough, but it’s the best we can do."

Bran frowned once again. “Please.”

Edit: Castle Vote: The Hundred-Headed Demon

Leader Vote: Giada

Notice:

Edit 2: Training Mission: Utility
Aeront
Aeront
Admin

Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:54 pm
Regiment 1-31 Statistics:

Character Progression:
Claris
Claris

Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:24 pm
Leader Vote: Barring Rosemary suddenly gaining popularity, I cast my vote for Giada.
Castle Vote: I am primed and ready to soothe the The Hundred-Headed Demon.
Training Mission: Give me Support or give me death.
Permanent Stats: +2 Strength. I will need the might of body to defend myself, should magic and faith fail.

Last edited by LadyRena on Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total
GM_3826
GM_3826

Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:33 pm
Permanent Stats: +1 Agility, +1 Spirit, +1 Insight
[VIOLET]
[VIOLET]

Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:36 pm
Castle Vote: The Hundred-Headed Demon
Leader: Rosemary
(yall know severa and erika are gonna want to focus on this demon instead of us)

Permanent Stats: +2 Strength!

Strength:

Last edited by Impromptu on Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
GM_3826
GM_3826

Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:03 pm
Bran: Take the Robes of Wind to the Smithy and deconstruct them.
Sharks
Sharks

Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:12 pm
>Yam:

>Crafting: Combine your Leather Armor with a Leather Collar, the Desert Sifter's Garbs, and the Admiral's Brooch using an Ectoplasm, a Fastener and some Leather Straps

>Stats: +2 Strength

>Castle Vote: The Hundred-Headed Demon

>Leader: Giada
Aeront
Aeront
Admin

Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:55 pm
Regiment 1-31 Statistics:

Castle Treasury:
Claris
Claris

Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:04 pm
Severa:

• Updated Crafting Action - Using pure faith as a conduit, attempt to combine the Stone Rune Armor and the Robes of Motif in to some form of powered armor that works off of the Faith statistic. If it works, equip the result.
Aeront
Aeront
Admin

Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:54 am
In the dark of the night, Yam gets to work upon their new armor. Starting with her Leather Armor, she straps in the flowing fabric of the Desert Sifter's Garbs. Securing the two together by tying them through a Leather Collar and held by a fastener, she then adheres the combination together with Ectoplasm. As she does so, an otherwordly chill begins to creep along the fabric, foreboding... before the Admiral's Brooch is afixed to the collar. All at once, that chilling feeling is replaced with the cool sensation of a fresh morning mist upon the ocean, and the faint smell of settled soil.
Item Crafted:

Terra Tranquila Overcoat
Effects
+35% resistance to Earth, Fire, Water, and Wind elements
+200 HP
+2 Spirit
+1 Agility
+Unaffected by elemental status effects

A long, flowing coat of leather and fabric that carries otherwordly power. The world around it seems to become more docile, representing a long-gone admiral's wish for peace.

Calling upon her connection to Ragnus, Severa lays her hands upon the Stone Rune Armor and the Robes of Motif. Placing faith in her god, she wills the two equipment together -- and with a golden radiance, strands of magic begin to bind them! The robes are unwound, interlacing themselves between the stony plates of armor, carrying the magic of its runes along their fabric!
Item Crafted:

Heavens Above
Effects
+300 HP
+1 Insight
+25% Resistance to magic damage
+All resisted damage is absorbed as HP instead
+Gain Charged Magic Circuits every 2nd turn
-Automatically un-equipped if the user's Faith stat is 1 or less
-Automatically un-equipped if the user is Unconscious, Defeated, or Sleeping

Armor attuned to the divine power of its wielder. Besides providing excellent defense, the runes born into the armor excel at gathering mana and dispelling magic. However, if one's faith wavers, the armor shall offer no protection.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum