Opening Cutscene:

Last edited by Aeront on Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Aeront
Aeront
Admin
https://terrafirma.forumotion.com

Battle 10: vs Castle High Lv 21 Empty Re: Battle 10: vs Castle High Lv 21

Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:14 am
"This is it!" calls Zaffre, standing at the front of the stone chunk, arms folded. His robe fluttering behind him, he turns to the others, "We'll reach Castle High in a matter of seconds, and it seems they're already firing! You already know what to do, so just stick together! If you do not trust me, trust them, and trust in yourselves. If you truly believe in those dreams Russel talked so highly of, then prove it!"

"This is our attack on Castle High!"

As Castle High enters closer and closer view, the sky is suddenly filled with light -- from Castle High's battlements and batteries fly a barrage of magical projectiles, launched by the castle's many powerful mages! Surging bolts of lightning, massive icy spears, boulders of pure granite, arcane beams, titanic fireballs, and many more are on a direct course for Perkyst and their storm!

Suddenly, Bran feels something powerful surging within him! A familiar presence compels him forward! He feels something change, his glasses morphing and shifting, inscribed with runes and magic to allow him to see all Knowledge! He gazes into the magical attacks themselves, seeing they are really nothing more than bundles of mana, given slight differences in form! Raising his staff, Bran is showered in Celestial Light as he bends the magical attacks out and away from the party! The icy chunks crash into the fireballs, lightning bolts grounded by boulders, and all sent uselessly hurdling into the mud below!

Yet the elemental onslaught seems to have only been the pre-cursor, as the telltale sound of gunshots begin to ring through the air, fired by a half-hundred sniper rifles, assault guns, and hand pistols! The bullets are flying far too quickly and from too many directions for anyone to keep sight of them or raise a defense--

Until Arthur steps forth, serene grace over his form as he's led by a very familiar presence. His armor darkens as a portion of his hair turns jet black, he too glowing with Celestial Light! With movements somehow both impossible to track and like a leisurely Wandering, he slashes each and every bullet from the air as soon as they enter his radius, keeping the air free of danger as the group descends upon Castle High!

Between the two warriors, each and every attack is cleaved and redirected, allowing their stormcloud to now reach the edge of the battlefield!

"Enough!" Yells a voice from Castle High, immediately recognizable: Azure's. The Grandmaster raises a hand skyward-- above Castle High shines a single star, impossibly radiant, The First, Azure's original source of power! "Your efforts are all in vain! Taste the power of The First itself!"

The First begins to grow in size, quickly outshining the moon and drawing in other nearby stars! Then, flashing blindingly bright, the star unleashes a massive wave of astral power straight for Regiment 1-31, a power far greater than any they've ever seen, ever wielded!

Nathalia feels a burning need to protect her allies, and leaps straight toward the blast! Despite its obvious ability to blast her into nothingness, she charges straight toward it, unafraid, as a shroud of Celestial Light falls over her! Upon her arm appears a shimmering shield, that of a Guardian, as she meets the attack--!

And to the amazement of all, pierces straight through it, taking no damage, entirely immune! She leaps straight up the destructive beam, dissolving it into stardust in her wake, before sending out a wave of force straight back to the star, stopping the attack entirely, filling the sky with light!

"H... how!?" Azure gapes. "Y-you're nothing but mongrels! Pathetic mortals, infants compared to me and my vast power! How could you possibly stand up to the might of a Grandmaster!?"

As Nathalia safely returns to the ground, Zaffre calls again, "We're close enough to get off! Vince, we need a way down!"

Smirking, Vince feels a different kind of burning power within him. Turning his mind to the Extrospective, Vince is cloaked in Celestial Light as the bandana around his forehead slips, falling in front of his eyes--where two eye slits form, creating a heroic mask! With total abandon, he leaps from the stone and puts out his hands--not conjuring fire, but calling it!

From around the tattered battlefield, burning flames are pulled toward him, forming long lines of shimmering heat! In a matter of moments, the entire field is extinguished, freeing many of Castle Low's soldiers as the heat is contained solely in Vince's hands! With a crack of his whip, Vince sends the long lines of flame up onto the chunk of earth Regiment 1-31 stands on, pulling it down to the ground! With expert use of the flames, he burns a hole right in the ground for them, directly before Castle Low's gates--before then throwing those flames skyward, forming a gigantic, churning inferno, aimed straight for Castle High!

Rage pulsing through his form, Grandmaster Azure raises a hand--from his crown of constellations, a deep red light burns, and a massive barrier extends around him and the Castle! The tornado of flame strikes the barrier and fizzles, reduced to streaks of mana and empty heat! Azure's rage quickly turns into laughter, "Ha! Feeble! Feeble and fruitless! I've gained the power of every foe you've defeated, lice! The Demon of Silence grants me invincibility! You have no hope!"

Erika feels a strange power welling within her as she softly brings her guitar key across her strings. Though she stands with no other musicians, cloaked in Celestial Starlight, she feels as if an entire Tranquil symphony is behind her! Her guitar morphs and changes, its dual lightning-bolt guitar heads gaining stylish batons at the ends, and her outfit, the cape of a rock opera maestro!

With a smile and a mental tyrade of insults, she blasts her song at Azure and his barrier! The Grandmaster shakes his head at her attempt--until he sees massive cracks beginning to form in his barrier! He clutches at his chest, "w-what!? No! Some simple song from an ant shouldn't be able to--"

--And with a crack and the sound of a thousand panes of glass shattering, the barrier breaks and falls, leaving Grandmaster Azure vulnerable once more! Upon his crown, one of the constellations seems to dim and flutter out! He reaches up to it, hands uselessly passing through!

"You... ha! It matters not!" Azure recovers, a fierce expression returning to his face, full of hate. "For you see, I've not only brought the armies of Castle High, but her commanders as well, now mine to command!" He snaps his fingers, "Candice! Send them back in time a few minutes, won't you? Back to when they were broken and under my control!"

High, high above, up upon Castle High's highest tower, Candice lines up her shot, aimed square in the center of the group--

"Ohp, sorry little lady! 'fraid I can't let you do that!" says a chipper voice right beside her, giving her rifle a kick before grabbing her wrist, disappearing!

"...Candice, you pathetic creature, do it!" Azure repeats, fuming.

"Here she is!" Aquinas winks, tossing her beside Azure as he appears in a flash of light! "But just so you know--"

He disappears again, this time reappearing next to Doc Morgan, who is coated in Celestial Light!

"--I'm here with him, and we are way over you and your whole 'big screaming bad guy' shtick. I mean honestly, can't you come up with something a bit more clever? What's next, summoning some giant snake to eat the world or something?"

Aquinas gives Doc Morgan a wink, tossing him something--Morgan catches it, looking down at a PMFC. His, despite definitely seeing it be destroyed before.

"Watch the usage on that one, it's a Paradox PMFC. I've got a feeling there aren't too many rules it can't break--and I'd know, since I got the same one!" He holds up his wrist, paradoxically showing the same device. "Brotherhood would hate to know something like this exists, but hey," he flahses a smile, "far as they know right now, it doesn't exist. So let's set this right once and for all, yeah?"

"Heh... heheheh," Azure snickers, "yes yes, very clever, but I still hold the advantage! Behold!"

The gears behind Azure turn and spin, and from across the battlefield are summoned five warriors!

Scarlett, Victim of Elements emerges! The lightning-arc scars across her body from the Emerald Lighthouse seem to be actually flowing with lightning! Water follows her footsteps and a constant flurry of wind seems to stick with her!

"Of course, I made some modifications," Azure explains, watching the Regiment for their reactions. "I combined their souls with the worst memories your castle had to offer! This young woman has been stitched together with the moment her body was burned and flayed by a storm spirit's lightning!"

Through another rift emerges Russel, Victim of Death's Grip! The young man's cheery expression has been replaced by a long, empty stare. In fact, his eyes seem entirely blank. Dark vapors now grip onto his oddly pale body, and his armor is a shade of dark black.

"Russel had a rather harrowing experience with the other side not too long ago--I thought it best to remind him of his weakness."

The clang of metal heralded the next foe: Rosemary, Victim of Steel! Metallic wings are affixed to her back, along with steel body armor... but it's warped inward painfully, as if it's suffered a huge number of impacts! Her breathing appears shallow within the suit, her hands shaking!

"Dear Rosemary was nearly killed by blade and bullet against the Bertilans. What better way to help motivate her cooperation here?"

A chorus of screams rang out through the battelfield as Giada, Victim of Demon's Hate appears! Giada's armor has been shredded and melted, faces of souls in agony etched into the metal and with vapors of heat rising from within! She must be burning up in there!

"It seems Giada narrowly escaped a fate of being melted within her own armor." Azure scoffs, "I decided it was the fate she ultimately deserved."

"Oh, and I'm afraid I didn't give her a proper introduction," Grandmaster Azure motions to Candice, Victim of Bloodsworn Vengeance! "Candice was nearly the target of particularly directed hate from a scorned knight. I thought it best she better grasp the end she was intended to face."

Candice's eyes are bloodshot, her usual suit replaced with a broken, bloody suit of ill-fitted armor. Her arm appears injured and bent awkwardly, and the Timestep Medallion around her neck has turned a dark, hateful red.

"You...what!?" Zaffre yells, outraged. "What would possess you to combine living souls with memories!? Such a thing would--"

"--Ensure their original souls could never be reclaimed, correct!" Azure's smile widens as he spreads his arms. "I'm afraid your friends are now the permanent leaders of my grand army!" He tilts his head down at the Regiment, "oh, but please, waste your time trying to save them. I've already scarred them myself, best be careful not to damage them any further! Ahahaha!"

Severa lowers her head, no longer able to hear the disgusting fool's voice... as she feels two presences, one familiar, the other more distantly so. Smiling, she accepts the change they bring...

A column of Celestial Light breaks through the clouds up above, incircling Severa, completely hiding her from sight! Azure looks to the spectacle, alarm slowly appearing on his face... as Severa emerges from the column, sporting a new look!

Her massive armor appears more streamlined, encrusted with jewels and facets to channel Faith, while her arm cannon's barrel is shortened, now pulsing a gentle, healing light. But most notable was the new helmet she wore, with a sapphire visor, inbued with Nurturing energy and the power to change the world!

Releasing a slow breath, Severa raises her cannon and fires a single shot into the sky... which bursts into gray beams of light, shining down on all!

All allies are restored to full HP, have all debuffs removed, and are given at least 2 Advantage!!

Across the battlefield, the miraculous light picks up fallen warriors and soldiers, restoring the light and life in their eyes! As they come to, they find a renewed sense of morale and charge head-long, straight into Castle High's armies!

And up above, among Azure's ranks, the commanders seem to change as well! The difference isn't obvious--they remain firmly by his side, weapons ready to attack--yet all could tell something had changed within them. Their souls had been restored and made whole, simple puppets of Azure's once more.

"N-no! You blasted cleric--!" Grandmaster Azure grabs at his robes, breaths growing faster! "T-this is all pointless, don't you understand!? Your fates have already been sealed! They were sealed months ago! You... you will...!" The Grandmaster raises his arms once more, mana growing around him!

General Toleann strains at his bindings, "No! R-run! Don't let him...!"

"Serve ME!" Azure finishes, sending out a hundred threads of mana, down at Regiment 1-31 and the recovered Castle Low guards as he castes Perfected Slaves of Fate!!

"No they shall not!" Yells Zaffre in reply, raising his own arms: before each and every tendril can meet its mark, it's severed by a burning cross-gear, slicing it to pieces! Hovering above, Zaffre raises his chin, cloaked in a green Tactician's cloak!

"You... pathetic clone!" Grandmaster Azure spits, "this is all your doing! I should have killed when I had the chance!"

"Yes, you should have," Zaffre smiles back to him. "Instead, you allowed me to realize your greatest weakness, Azure. Something only you and I would know, and something we would never tell anyone."

Zaffre leans forward, "we fear nothing more than dying alone, powerless, yet know we're destined for nothing else."

"AAAARGH," Azure screams! He rises high into the air, already conjuring some massive, arcane attack! "You are nothing! I am the supreme, the almighty, and you are just filth!" He narrows his eyes, "I am already invincible, already a Grandmaster! And I shall finally teach you and this world it's proper place, beneath me, begging for mercy!"

"You're not invincible yet, liar!" Zaffre snarls, "and I shall enjoy watching these heroes pull you apart, thread by thread, before you can ever achieve it!"

Zaffre looks back to Regiment 1-31, blazing with spite and resolve, "I will see to summoning us more reinforcements to hold back his army! Going for a frontal assault may be premature for now: find some way to reclaim the Commanders! Their souls are weak and firmly bound to him, so be careful, a wrong move could destroy them, but without them, I doubt Azure will be able to match us! And remember, there's only one way to truly end this battle: interrupting Azure's plans to absorb the new constellation's power by destroying Castle High!"

"You carry the power of yourselves and those who will come after you! Harness it, and vanquish this false god, once and for all!"

Celestial Star Arms:
Aeront
Aeront
Admin

Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:15 am
Castle and Commanders:
Aeront
Aeront
Admin

Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:16 am
Regiment 1-31:

CASTLE LOW Lv. 19
HP 10498 / 19000
ARMY STRENGTH: 20%

VS

Last edited by Aeront on Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:55 pm; edited 3 times in total
Aeront
Aeront
Admin

Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:17 am
16901 / 21000 HP (IMMUNE)
Lv. 21 CASTLE HIGH
ARMY STRENGTH: 100%

Castle High:

TURN 1 START!

Action Deadline: 11/29/20
GM_3826
GM_3826

Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:59 pm
Monologue:

Bran exchanged one glance with his dearest friend Arthur and the maestro Erika whose music warped reality itself. "I need your help." After that, he turned to Vince, and said "When I give you the signal, blast him." And with that, he got to work.

Bran: Equip Perkyst. Using the free action granted to you by the Wizard's Lenses of Knowledge, analyze the Regiments of Castle High under Azure's control. Is there anything that can be done to stop them while minimizing damage? Begin charging your mana to Overloaded Magic Circuits, and once you receive the assistance of your allies, unbind Perkeen, but limit the damage dealt by him to 20% of all enemies' max HP if possible. Lastly, using the free action gifted to you by the spirit of the Knowledgeable Wizard, grant a buff to Vince, increasing any damage of the Fire element he deals.

The Wizard's Insight: Ice

Vision of the Historian: Target Azure. What is the Technique he possesses that is currently hidden, and what is his greatest weakness?
[VIOLET]
[VIOLET]

Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:53 am
welcome back:

It burned. Hotter than a furnace, hotter than the explosive flames conjured by the Demon of Silence, hotter than boiling water rolling down his throat. Seven gates and seven roads in Arthur's body were forced open, and his flame--his soul, channeling a burst of mana--rushed through them all at once, like dried-out canals being visited for the first time by lava instead of water. An impossible demand was made. He willed it, overwhelmingly. For her. For her.

Fire filled his muscles and bones. An observer might have seen a distinct pattern of bright, amber-colored circuitry flash under the swordsman's exposed skin.

For the first time, Arthur's body answered with magic, rendering him a fiery blur before he seemed to vanish entirely.

>Arthur: As Watcher, protect Bran with Focused Defender (Melee). Activate Lightspeed Sprint and prepare to stop Candice from using Time's Rebellion to interrupt Bran's ritual by striking her with Pale Moon's pommel. Then, draw out the Dagger of the Broken Kiss and try to carefully slash away the string keeping Candice's Timestep Medallion around her neck.

"Candice..! I'm here. I'm sorry... did I frighten you again? I fell, earlier, and couldn't find you... but I'm here, now. This time, I won't let you go..!"
Aeront
Aeront
Admin

Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:10 pm
RP: Candice, Victim of Bloodsworn Vengeance
(cw: blood, frank description of violence)

Arthur cleaved through the distance between himself and Candice in the blink of an eye, challenging light itself in speed as he closed the distance! As he prepared his pommel strike--!

He would suddenly realize his target was nowhere to be seen--no, there, several paces away! But how? Even with her time-bending abilities... the only way she could have reacted in time would be if she had expected him to come after her. Again, he moves to strike--but she blinks away, with a flash of her medallion, taking miniature bursts of accelerated time to cross vast distances! Three blinks later, she stands directly behind him, a killer's composure, the battle-ready stance of a bloodthirsty warrior.

Now closer, Arthur could better see just what had become of his friend. The top of her scalp was wrenched beneath the sideways-fitting, shattered remains of a full-helm. Her face was wholly visible, hair left spilling out the sides in unkept clumps, and small trails of blood ran down her forehead and around her eyes--her own, likely due to the shattered armor scraping and stabbing at her with every move. Her right shoulder was left bare, the pauldron of her armor having slipped right off her small frame and left to hang, making the Timestep Medallion just below her neck visible. The imbalance left her sagging to the right, one of her legs straining to keep herself upright beneath the grafted metal, as blood slowly filled the dark black boots she wore, several sizes too big. Her right arm, holding up her weapon, was a darkened hue, her fins and scales there twisted and malformed, and her posture was bent forward, shoulders pressed inward, every muscle in her body tense.

The soft grey of her eyes was buried beneath red veins and azure hue--present, if one searched as deep as the darkest sky, but easily lost, meant to be forgotten.

"You're faster," she muttered, her bloodshot, wide eyes darting all across his body, fixating on each detail, memorizing it, burning it into her mind, every fact, every feature, every figure, she had to consider, had to plan for. She paused upon meeting his eyes.

"You won't hurt me. You can't," she turned the barrel of her rifle a few fractions closer to herself. Her voice sounded almost distorted--her own, yet with the biting syllables and dogged tinges of the broken knight her soul had been mixed with the memory of. "I weakened you before I even realized my true master. A killer would make for a dangerous enemy right now. But you?" She shook her head, slow, somber, "I know what you are. A crying, broken man, afraid of being left alone."

"And now... ah, I-I'm so sorry that--," she shifted, jerking her head violently as her eyes go wide, "sorry that the Candice you knew is a fiction. I've always been Azure's. And now, I'll slaughter you for him," her eyes widen, a feral smile suddenly growing, "y-yes, and hold you close as you bleed, bleed, bleed, into nothing!"

"I'm glad to finally know my true purpose." The strain in her expression with each word made it clear each was an effort to get out, a bite against the continuing pain. "I was a coward and a fool before seeing the light of Azure. Even last night, with you pressed close against me, I was afraid. Though I'd spent the last week dreaming of it, of being held in your arms, of feeling your warm breath against my gills, I could only say I wished to be your travelling partner. And left myself to agonize whether I was selfish to wonder of the place in your heart that belonged to him. To hurt."

She shook her head, "but now, I know I need only Azure. His is a love I need not be afraid to nurture, and his pain, my redemption." Her eyes glanced over to Arthur's sword, scanning it, "your new blade? It's not even stained yet." Her eyes narrowed, "I know, I'll drive it through your tender heart once you're left gasping on the ground!"

"Unless..." again, something shifted, the slightest change. The hard edge of her consonants gave way to a more familiar, softer tone, "you could join me, couldn't you, Arthur?" Her voice grew more pleading with every word, "you said you would protect me, didn't you? I-I'm sure Grandmaster Azure would spare Fiaba if you willingly joined him. Don't you remember how wonderful it is to truly know yourself, to be his? No inhibition, no fear of loss, no heartbreak, no grief? Arthur, I..." she blinked her eyes, something mixing with the streaks of blood, "I will murder you, and enjoy it. I've watched you fight for months--I know your blind spots and missteps. I can rewind you back to when you were a shattered body beneath the moonlight. I already know why you're here, and I already know how to stop Bran." One of her hands suddenly dug to her damaged arm, "and every wasted second hurts. So..."

"I'm sorry to trouble you again, but p-please... you're my best-.... best chance of killing them all," her head jerked. "Azure will erase all your pain, so accept! Accept, before I fill your lungs with bullet holes and wash myself in your blood!"
Mirkwood
Mirkwood

Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:20 pm
So this was it...:

"Paladin, lend me your power again, and we will deliver a decisive strike against this self proclaimed 'god'."

> Battle Precision targeting Azure's Spirit. Use Winged Negation, then use Knight's Rush targeting Azure, using Dragon Horn Strike.
Aeront
Aeront
Admin

Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:50 am
RP: Scarlett, Victim of Elements

As chaos and battle descended amongst the ranks of Regiment 1-31, it would be easy to miss the lithe figure crouched in the dark shadows of a broken castle chunk. As the others began to enter the fray, Bran may notice a new sound, coming from that empty shadow: slow footfalls, approaching.

"Bran," said a familiar-yet-distant voice, as Scarlett stepped into his field of vision from behind, "is that... you?"

The confident, stubborn energy that usually radiated from every muscle and word of the Reconnaissance commander was all but gone: instead, Scarlett was wet and shivering, desperation plain in her posture. The criss-cross lightning-arc scars she had received during the battle with the Emerald Lighthouse (which had recently begun to fade and heal) were now glowing white-hot, making it seem like her body was some bound energy, ready to blow her to pieces any moment. Though Perkeen had brought a storm with them, the wind and water around Scarlett was clearly of its own origin: the wind changed direction every few seconds, just as she tried to turn her back to it, and no matter the puddle of water she formed beneath herself, she never looked any more dry.

Her leather recon uniform had been shredded in places, especially near the hips and shoulders, where large, metal chains had been bound around her instead, as if containing that exploding energy within. One chain encircled her neck, which was red and scratched from contact with the rusty iron, and further chains bound around her legs, making her steps uneven and filled with labor.

"What are you doing?" she asked--again, her voice lacked its usual gravity, and was dampened, as if underwater. "You're gonna release your storm spirit?" She shivered more intensely, wrapping a hand around one of her arms, "on... me? On us? I... don't want anymore scars..." a sniffle, "o-or to see Russel drowned and scorched... or f-forget again. Please, I don't want to forget M-Master Azure."

"...Can you talk to me? Please?" she asked, stepping closer. She wiped at her nose, apparently sick, and her shoulders rocked again behind a choked sob, "like before? C-can we talk about old stories in a warm, sunny place? I... I know this is my j-just redemption to Master Azure, b-but... I'm s-so cold... and terrified." She desperately searches for Bran's eyes, "it's okay i-if you don't want Azure's truth. R-really, it's okay, I'll forgive you. I can c-chain you up instead, and t-throw you into the sea. I can make sure you d-don't hurt anyone again. T-that's what you want, right?" Some slight, hidden resolve seemed to harden, just briefly, "e-even like this, I w-want to help you, so please listen." Her chains rattled as she dragged up an arm, vaguely pointing toward his staff, "you d-don't have to hurt us. Hurt me. I k-know if you do, it'll crush you." Some desperation seeped from her eyes, the vaguest lights of Scarlett's silent, caring expression returning, "Y-your too gentle for that shit."

Her arm then shifted toward him, Scarlett's hand opening in invitation--in request for contact, and warmth. "Master Azure's k-kind, he'll let you l-leave if you won't fight. My chains will keep you and everyone safe... and I can keep you c-company, at the bottom of the ocean." The slightest fraction of a smile managed to creep onto her anguished face, "I think you'd r-really like it down there. It's q-quiet, and peaceful."

"...Please," she repeated one more time, so softly it could be lost amid the howling wind surrounding her. "D-don't hurt them... not Master Azure, not Russel, please. If... i-if..." reaching her limit, sobs began to intermingle with her words, syllables emerging from her sorrow like broken fragments from the sea's depths, "if you... h-have to... have to... kill, someone... it c-can be me..." she wraps her arms around herself, closing her eyes. "I-I won't... h-hate you... I c-can... I..."
GM_3826
GM_3826

Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:14 am
*internally screaming*:

As Bran is charging circuits, he begins to speak out of the corner of his mouth.

"Just give me a little more time..." Bran cries. "I can help you... And then once this battle is over... we can rest."

Unless Azure can read minds, he's probably thinking I'm about to kill her and commit suicide. Scarlett is probably thinking that too. Bran thought.

I want to say I'm better than that, but I'm not. I destroy everything I touch.

But that doesn't mean I won't try.
Aeront
Aeront
Admin

Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:39 pm
RP: Spirit of the Guardian Paladin

If one looked closely, they may be able to notice something... else, standing alongside Nathalia. They were massive in size, clad in heavy, adamantine armor that gave them an intimidating silhouette. Yet despite this, the armored presence had no weapon whatsoever, apart from the large, circular shield on their arm.

"Knight of Dragons, you fight with chivalry and courage," he spoke, in a calm, reassuring tone. "You face danger unafraid, in the stead of your allies."

His phantasmal form, tinged a light green, hovered just behind her, his arm intersecting with hers--the shield she now wore aligning with his.

"My power is yours: I shall be your shield. Charge ahead, unafraid!" Her shield began to glow, its power awakened, "and together, let us show Azure he is powerless against our valiant hearts!"
Claris
Claris

Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:44 am
"O Lord Ragnus, blessed be thy name...may the mighty rest in face of thine own might, and tremble in fear of your judgement."

Severa: Charge mana to gain Charged Magic Circuits[1]

"O Lord Ragnus, blessed be thy name...granted are mine eyes the light of truth, through friends' lives old and new..."

Severa: use Prayer of Alter Nutrix...[1.5]

"...that we might triumph, I ask of thee - bless mine comrade once more. Grant him your foresight!"

Severa: ...to modify Arthur's Counter Swing into Temporal Riposte! The foe under Arthur's gaze can find their attack completely blocked by Arthur's foresight and decisive action![2]
Aquinas
Aquinas

Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:51 pm
Doc nodded, acknowledging the PMFC his younger self had handed to him. A device he hadn't seen in decades, every dent and notch still exactly where he remembered them. He chuckled a bit through the tears forming in his eyes. She'd always been a little rough with it.

And he'd always loved her:

The old medic shook his head slowly as he handed the device back to his younger self. He didn't need it.

Doc's allies across the battlefield would have been slowly alerted to something odd happening in his area. Perhaps they would have heard a strange crackling noise, like the echo of a thunderstorm. Or maybe they were alerted by the flash of something out of the corner of their eye. But when they turned to look at Doc, they would have realized it was coming from... him?

Doc's eyes had clouded over with a dull, yellowish glow. Sparks of the same hue ran up and down his body, flitting in and out of view. Something about the way they moved was disquieting - at times the sparks would seem to last for just the barest instant, enough to make one question if they'd ever been there at all. At other times, the electric arcs would seem to slow to a crawl, tracing their way through the air with impossible lethargy before snapping back to normal speed and vanishing.

"Here," Doc offered to Eliot, dropping the container of nanobots into his hand. "That commander looks like he's in dire need of some assistance. You should be able to figure out how to make these work - hit him with a high dosage."

"Ay ay, cap'n. But uh, just while I have you here, I feel it's my duty to tell you as, well, you, that the mustache doesn't work. You probably think you look like Burt Reynolds, but you're giving off more of a John Cleese vibe-"

"This is karma, isn't it?" Doc muttered. Eliot took the hint, mentally took a note to keep up his shaving regimen in the future, and began fiddling with his Beam Revolver to attach the nanobots.

Aquinas fires three nanobot-healing shots at General Toleann.

Once Eliot had stepped away, Doc fixed Azure with his gaze.

"Guess we're at the end of all this, eh? It's funny, you know, I was thinking about this a few minutes ago - I've known you longer than anyone here. Wild, isn't it? And even though I've spent those years nursing a very special flavor of hate, it's different actually seeing you." Doc paused for a moment, looking Azure up and down. "I don't know, maybe it's getting to know Zaffre over here. But now I look at you, and I feel an odd sense of... pity." Doc raised both hands quickly. "Don't get me wrong, you're an asshole! But you're also kind of a desperate weirdo. You're grasping at whatever power you can get, 'cause there's a little voice inside of you that is absolutely terrified of what happens if you fail."

The sparks of electricity covering Doc's body were beginning to glow brighter. Flecks of pure white, growing stronger and more brilliant.

"Take it from a man who's seen the other side of failure, Azure. It ain't the end you think it is. There's room to grow. For instance... I was pretty sure when I threw away that ol' capacitor of mine, that my time-travel days were done for good. I should have known better." The lightning was erupting from Doc's eyes, now, from the tips of his fingers, from the hairs on his definitely-John-Cleese-adjacent-mustache. "The first time I ever traveled, I did it without a machine. I did it again, when I arrived here. Now I'm thinkin' that all I need is the proper motivation."

Doc raised his revolver to his own head and fired.

The bullet careened out of the chamber. It approached his temple. An arc of white electricty grazed it, and the world around Doc froze.

Doc Morgan activates Time Traveler's Promise. The futures of his allies are secure!

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

[VIOLET]
[VIOLET]

Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:54 am
deep breaths:
Aeront
Aeront
Admin

Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:22 pm
TURN 1

Bran, swapping to wield Perkyst, begins by turning his attention to the forces of Castle High serving Azure! His Lenses of Knowledge peer deep into the twisted minds of his former allies...

It appears Perfected Slaves of Fate is an even more insidious enchantment than the version Regiment 1-31 was exposed to: not only does it replace the victim's memories, but it twists their will and personality into believing they are and have always served Azure. Even if the spell--a chain of interlocking constellations around their souls--were removed, that corruption of their being wouldn't be immediately reversed!

The Lenses reveal the greatest weakness of Castle High's army: though none can withstand Azure's power alone, together, they could overcome him! If a powerful force or authority could unite all their souls toward the common goal of reclaiming their identity, perhaps through a shared experience or memory, Azure would be unable to stop them! But how to manifest such a force...

Then, with a burst of light blue power, Bran gains Overloading Magic Circuits, his power skyrocketing as he prepares a mighty spell...

Which Candice raises her rifle to interrupt, moving with time-defying speed thanks to Time's Rebellion! Leaping from her perch, she lines up a shot to strike down the mage--!

Only to be interrupted by Arthur, moving with incredible speed under the effects of his Lightspeed Sprint, a rich amber trail of light following him as he goes for a pommel strike! Candice moves in a blur of silver-blue, time careening around her as she escapes his range and attempts another shot at Bran--but then is forced to retreat once again, Arthur closing the distance near-instantly! Again and again, Candice speeds through time and space to a new vantage, trying to keep ahead of Arthur! Their racing trails of blue and amber trace a passage through and around Castle High's gate, then through the air toward the lower battlefield, then in and around the ranks of Regiment 1-31, all within the span of seconds!

"Agh-!" Candice suddenly starts, her balance finally slipping beneath her uneven armor, stopping her bursts of speed! Refocusing, she quickly raises her rifle toward Bran--

As Arthur finally gets his opportunity, interrupting Candice as he aims a strike square to her chest--

Only to suddenly feel all the momentum and strength behind his move dissipate! But how!?

Candice, Victim of Bloodsworn Vengeance flashes a too-wide smile, shoulders at an odd angle as she raises her medallion, now humming with power: she had never intended to actually strike Bran, and instead captured Arthur's attack using Time Vortex! She can now unleash a Lightspeed Interruption attack of her own!

Undeterred, Arthur bursts forward once more, switching to the Dagger of the Broken Kiss and slashing for the medallion--!

But instead of dodging, Candice leans forward, the dagger now aimed to cleave through her vulnerable neck as she closes her eyes--!!

--Yet it still finds its original mark, slashing through the medallion's chain thanks to Doc Morgan grabbing Candice from behind, pulling Arthur's attack back into position! The medallion slips from her neck and tumbles, rolling through soot and ash, lost in nearby rubble! Candice loses her Time Vortex Technique and Reawakened Relayer Ability, left with only the temporal powers she can manifest herself!

"How--no!" she spins, looking for Doc Morgan... but he's already gone! In fact, it looks like he never even moved...

She spins back on Arthur, her shoulders shaking, "t-that's my--I need that! You should have just slit my throat and been done with it! Argh, you're always impossible!"

Arthur is fatigued from his efforts, though regains his Advantage thanks to Symbol of the Humble!

With no further interruptions, Bran finishes his spell: raising his staff high into the air, the dark purple clouds over the battlefield become a deep black as the chains around Perykst break and sever!

Once again, the storm spirit Perkeen rises from the staff, tentacles of undulating storm water crackling with lightning fanning out as they grow and grow in size. Compared to previous summons, however, the rising winds and thunder don't reach a plateau, instead growing in severity and frequency, pounding rain beginning to befall the battlefield as the storm spirit bellows! Rubble and ash begin to churn through the air, then beams and chunks of stone, all lifted into the spiraling storm that is Perkeen, the spirit's massive, yellow eye gazing hungrily upon Azure's Castle High and its soldiers! Filled with the power of Overwhelming Magic Circuits, the storm spirit has truly reached the form of a living cataclysm!!

...Yet it still feels the will of its wielder, reining in its power. The spirit resists, protests, screams at even the thought of holding back... but Bran's will holds firm and strong, controlling its chaotic energy! Bringing to bear its storming rage, the spirit unleashes its power: from the center of the storm erupts a hellstorm of lightning bolts, frozen icicles of rain, hurricane-force wind, and a deluge of water, just barely avoiding sucking in Regiment 1-31 as it rushes across Azure's Castle High's forces!!

Castle High's Army raises their defenses against the assault! Stone walls covered in glyphs, barriers of divine magic, and icy tempests meet the incoming storm, but only manage to somewhat weaken the assault as it washes over them!

Several dozen soldiers are entirely Incapacitated by the assault! The Army Strength of Azure's Castle High falls to 80%!

Meanwhile, the cataclysmic storm collides with Castle High's commanders, throwing them off their feet and embedding them with lightning and ice! Russel receives 851 damage, Rosemary takes 908, Giada receives 681, Candice takes 851, and Corbin receives 726! The storming assault then reaches Grandmaster Azure--who raises a hand, conjuring a natural green shield thanks to Sign of Nature's Fury, increasing his magic resistance and allowing him to only receive 454 damage!

Scarlett, Victim of the Elements merely passes through the assault, shoulders falling as she watches the other commanders injured and shivering after the strike.

Its cataclysm over, the storm spirit shrinks once more, returning to the staff to slumber...

Finally, Bran sends out a tendril of fiery power to incircle Vince, granting him Blazing Strength, increasing the Power of all his Fire element attacks by 35%!

Bran is fatigued from his efforts... (-1 Adv)

Grandmaster Azure glares down icy malice as Nathalia jumps up onto Castle High and approaches him, her Battle Precision reducing his Spirit by a miniscule amount.

"Insignificant girl, you think yourself capable of standing against me!? Alone!? You are not even a mage! Your simple weapon shall find no purchase against me!"

Pointing her spear to the starlit tyrant, Nathalia activates Knight's Rush, locking she and Azure into battle!

Nathalia chooses Dragon Horn Strike as her attack Technique!

"Prepare to taste annihilation..." Azure tilts back his head, his fate-bending gears turning as he chooses Existential Erasure!

Nathalia makes the first strike, taking a short hop into the air before stabbing her spear straight into him--the attack is unable to pierce Azure's damage resistance from Ascendant Grandmaster, but nonetheless deals a potent 447 damage to the ultimate enemy!

"Grgh-!" Azure grunts, "is that all you can muster? Pitiful!" Suddenly, the Sign of Dreadnought's Leadership glows brightly upon his crown, and a starlit blade appears in his hands! He flies high above the ground, raising the sword, cleaving it down for Nathalia--!

...Who takes no damage! The blade meets her new shield and fails to make her budge!

"Tch, no matter!" Azure steps back, raising one of his hands, coalescing a massive amount of mana near-instantly! "I've grown weary of your continued existence, problematic child! You were never in my plans for this castle, and I have no need for you!"

Up above, The First glows brightly, collecting astral power and starlight--!

"I shall erase you from my perfect world!"

A massive beam of starlight streaks down from the star, a solid white column of destructive magical energy, blasting straight onto the spot where Nathalia stands--!

...And once again, dealing no damage!! The ground around her has been obliterated, yet she stands unharmed thanks to her Winged Negation!

"No... no! Impossible!" roars Azure as Nathalia goes in for her next attack!

The tyrant finds himself completely unable to phase her, leaving Nathalia free to land blow after blow against him, his ultimate attack failing to harm her!! Her next strike deals 516...

"Stop... you can't... you're just some low-class pauper--!" Azure struggles out, again blasting Nathalia with a burst of erasing starlight, and again being unable to stop her as she leaps high above, stabbing into him for 596 damage!

Grandmaster Azure's HP hits 0! His knees buckle below him, body collapsing--!

...But catches himself before he hits the ground. Upon his crown, the Sign of Dreadnought's Leadership shatters, trails of vapor flying away as he glows a bit less brightly, restored to 1000 HP!

And yet Nathalia doesn't stop, absorbing another burst of starlight and piercing Azure for 610 damage, then another, spiraling through the air before bringing her spear straight down his back for 636 more!!

Again, Grandmaster Azure's HP reaches 0! He staggers backward as the Sign of Nature's Fury shatters, a natural power returning to the outside world as he returns to 1000 Max HP!

"You... you unworthy, meaningless, inconsequential speck upon the grand tapestry of fate," he runs a hand through his snow-white hair, eyes wide as he looks upon Nathalia, contempt as deep as the depths of night. "I... when I gain control of your soul, I shall cast it out into the oblivion between worlds." He clenches a fist, arcane power already forming once more, "I shall watch as your lifeforce freezes and fades, never experiencing the luxury of non-existence!"

Grandmaster Azure has lost 20% of his Ascension, returning him to 0% Ascension! He longer has an attack boost or defensive resistance!

Nathalia is exhausted from her efforts, a heavy fatigue coming over her after withstanding so many attacks... (-2 Adv)

Severa begins by gaining Charged Magic Circuits, a grey aura of mana surrounding her... before she lowers her head in prayer! Utilizing her connection to Ragnus, she humbly asks her ally to gain the power of divine foresight!

Arthur begins to feel something... change, within him. Though his reflexes and body have been empowered by the spirit of the Wandering Swordsman, as a holy, warm feeling blooms around him, he feels even his mind working at blazing speeds! In the movements of his foes, he can extrapolate their future directions and intentions within moments, allowing him unprecedented ability to counter them!

Arthur's Counter Swing has been enhanced to Temporal Riposte! This Technique now reflects the entirety of the damage the targeted attack would deal, leaving Arthur taking no damage whatsoever!

Aquinas begins by firing a round of nanobot shots into General Toleann--the force of the blasts knocks the general free of his restraints, and the nanobots quickly get to work, healing the general for 380 HP and granting him Regeneration(200), healing him an additional 200 HP every turn for two more turns!

"Silence!" Azure cuts back at Doc Morgan's remarks, agitated. "Pity me all you like, ignorant old man! I fear nothing, least of all you, who has already been defeated by me!" The storm of mana around him thunders, gears of fate whirling restlessly, "my destiny is already written, as is--!"

"...yours?" The Grandmaster stops as Doc Morgan pulls the trigger... and yet, seems to have not moved from his position! The bullet appeared to pass straight through him, out the other side, only leaving the doctor a bit more scuffed up, out of breath, and wearing the widest, most self-satisfied look he'd ever had, much to the Grandmaster's annoyance!

"W-what did you just do!? I felt something occur..." Azure narrows his gaze on the doctor. "Yet you didn't move... unless..." he makes a low, hateful sound in his gut, "time travellers..."

Doc Morgan has activated his Signature Technique Time Traveler's Promise, granting all allies the Promised Future buff! The next time they would face a consequence or threat of notable harm, Doc Morgan will appear (or rather, has already appeared) to help! In fact, Arthur was already saved by this effect!

Vince erupts in powerful flames as he activates Veins of Fire--no longer so marred by hellfire, instead burning with the power of his soul! With a crack of his whip, he creates a salvo of three fireballs, burning intensely bright, that he hurls straight for Grandmaster Azure!

The Armies of Castle High intervene! With so few soldiers of Castle Low left to hold them off, a Regiment breaks off from the other fighting, intercepting Vince's blow! Geller, his trademark smile absent from his face, hurls a lightning bolt straight through one of Vince's fireballs, dissipating it!

Giada, Victim of Demon's Hate intercepts another of the fireballs with her Stalwart Shield ability, blocking the attack for her master and receiving 431 damage in his place! Giada's Scorching Hell Armor triggers, inflicting Hellfire on Vince... who only gains power from the status condition thanks to his Chartreuse Bandanna of Extrospective Livin'!

The last fireball strikes Azure directly--he's blasted backward, receiving a scorching 709 damage, though his Sign of Monster's Savagery protects him from being inflicted by Hellfire!

Vince is fatigued from his efforts... (-1 Adv)

Erika leads a soldier's chorus as she rallies the forces of Castle Low, sending out healing music and firing off massive electrical strikes from the tip of her guitar!

Castle Low's Army Strength rises to 30% while Castle High's falls to 70%! The tide is beginning to turn!

Zaffre lowers his head, thinking, pleading:

"You who these fools have stood beside, I ask you: grant them aid, now, in their hour of need. I lack the power to force you here, but if you so wish to come, I can open the way. If you place any stake in the lofty dreams and hopes of that castle that soars through the sky... please..."

Then, determination flaring, Zaffre spins his flaming gears, green coat flaring while he crosses his arms. The gears meet resistance, grabbing hold of something: threads, winding out from the members of Regiment 1-31, to distant lands! Now sending his arms out wide, Zaffre turns the gears, drawing those threads, the threads of memory and fate, inward, toward the battlefield!

From the west winds a string, long and golden, connecting to Doc Morgan in particular! Far, far in the distance shimmers a golden light, quickly being spun closer, closer! A group of people rides the thread of fate, some radiant force at its front, with a halo around her head...

"Noble souls of Castle High, allow us to ease your burdens..."

From the west arrive The Paladins of the Aethon Sol, led by Siona, along with a band of mages! They swiftly land upon the battlefield and begin to act--a group of mages create a wall of force, pushing back Castle High's eastern flank, as a squadron of heavily armored paladin rushes straight down the enemy front, pushing them back!

Castle Low's Army Strength raises to 40%!

Siona and the Elder Mage come forward, the former giving a deep bow, the other a curt nod.

The mage looks around at the battlefield's chaos, "we heard your summons. Didn't expect to find such a fiasco..."

Siona frowns deeply, a hand pressed to her heart, "there is so much suffering in this place... I finally see it. This was the dark future I was warned of... I had thought the source was magic itself, but I now see it lies in he who wields it." She bows again, this time to the elder mage, "Master Delinack, thank you for allowing my paladins and I to work alongside you."

The mage grunts, "I trust you about as far as I can throw you, but it seems these fine folk who saved me and my people need all the help they can get. See to it they get it, won't you?"

"Of course!" she says brightly, turning toward the Regiment, "my paladins and I shall see to your wounds, weary heroes."

Siona and the Paladins of the Aethon Sol are here to support you! They shall serve in the Support Regiment's place to revive players after 1 turn when they are Incapacitated, and will otherwise assist in healing! Their presence will also ensure that all Advantage and positive effects are retained after someone is revived, allowing them to get right back into the action!

The Mages of Rosalia are here to support you! They will occasionally make attacks and weaken any magical defenses the enemies set up!

The Mages of Rosalia proceed to do just that, firing an arcane barrage on Rosemary, who gets launched into the air and struck for 293 damage!

Zaffre calls out to Regiment 1-31, "they were the first to come, but you lot ran about helping everyone who had a toothache, didn't you? If there are any allies in particular you wish to summon, say something!"

Zaffre then concentrates, raising his voice, "you who fought so hard to stop a monster such as him, resist and fight back! Your destiny is yours to write, not his! Please.... know yourselves!"

Zaffre casts Strike Against Tyrants, and all across the battlefield, Castle High forces who were at low HP manage to break free of Azure's grip! They turn toward their true enemy and bolster the forces of Castle Low!

Castle Low's Army Strength rises to 50%, while Castle High's falls to 70%!

Among the Commanders they are all still too strong to be taken control of... except for Rosemary! She sets her feet and begins pulling at the massive chains binding her...

As a column of Celestial Light comes down, engulfing her as she breaks free in a burst of light! A staff appears in her hands, a prism at one end, shining rainbows and light with the power of a Warming Star! She flies back down to Regiment 1-31, smiling and filled with joy, and immediately pulls Zaffre into a hug, laughing! "You came back for us!"

"I-I, um..." Zaffre trails, his hands hovering around Rosemary's shoulders awkwardly, "o-of course I did! W-what sort of louse do you believe me to be, abandoning you!?"

Rosemary is here to support you! She will automatically revive one ally to 25% Max HP every turn, or if no ally is Incapacitated, will heal everyone for 25% of their Max HP!

Zaffre is fatigued from his efforts... (-1 Adv)

General Toleann manages to get back on his feet, giving his head a shake. "Ergh... I assume you're actually on my side?"

Zaffre groans, "keep up, oaf! If you care for the lives of your soldiers and this country, I suggest you utilize some context clues! Now aid us against that pompous bastard!"

"Don't have to tell me twice," he says, rotating his neck as he raises his sword! "Gonna need another second here to catch my breath, but here..."

From the tip of his blade blooms a shimmering wellspring of energy and vigor, washing over all of Regiment 1-31! "Stand strong, and stand together! Castle Low's legacy stands with you against this evil!"

Toleann uses Call to Arms to grant all allies an additional Advantage!

Grandmaster Azure rises high, high into the air, his radiant power going out across the entire battlefield!

"It's time I reminded you wretches of your place in this world!" The starlight collects around him, and you feel a terrible dread creeping upon you! "Begone, and be cast into oblivion!"

His eyes lock upon Zaffre, and the mage feels something tighten in his chest! Suddenly, the rest of the universe around them feels as if it doesn't exist... Zaffre's arms fall to his sides, as Azure's sheer majesty overwhelms him, burns him, destroys all he's become.

"You are... have always been... and will always be... nothing."

Zaffre screams out, his body erupting in pale blue light before collapsing to the ground, motionless! Azure struck him with Return to Nothing, reducing him to 1 HP!!

Azure's smile grows once more, laughing aloud, "you simpletons! You were so occupied with saving your precious friends that you left your king wide open!" He extends his arms, and suddenly, the air around him fills with azure light and massive gears, spinning and turning, grinding the power of the world into nothing! "Well, no matter: you now have a new king."

Grandmaster Azure casts Crash of the Heavens! From each of the hundreds of spinning gears extends a beam of arcane destruction, which begin to whirl their way around the battlefield, slashing through anyone and everyone, turning the earth to flames and cinders once more!

Arthur takes 518, Bran takes 579, Doc Morgan takes 930, Erika takes 806, Severa takes 564, and Vince takes 1037! General Toleann meanwhile is reduced to 1 HP, though not defeated thanks to Blade of Castle Low, and Castle Low itself takes 2304 damage!

The massive storm of magical damage homes in on Zaffre next, who can't even stand--!

--But he's pulled out of the way just in time by Doc Morgan, who decisively weaves him through the onslaught of arcane lasers, allowing him to avoid damage!

"Hmph... my attacks may not be able to strike you, but you are still a victim of fate..." Grandmaster Azure says cruelly, pointing a crooked finger at Nathalia! She feels something changing within her, a strange, forlorn feeling about her future...

Nathalia has been afflicted by Doomed Fate! Something terrible will soon befall her, one way or another!

"You thought you could destroy my heavenly kingdom with a simple storm? Foolish boy!" Azure curses at Bran, the First shining brightly up above! "Begone! Begone from this world, and never return!"

The First shines up above, becoming blindly bright--before a column of arcane annihilation descends from it, as Azure casts Existential Erasure!! Bran braces himself for the blow--but is pulled out of the way by Doctor Morgan in the knick of time, avoiding the deadly blast!

"W-what!? Errghh..." Azure curses, a dark look falling over him as he lowers his head, "you mongrels, banding together like beasts in the winter to stand any chance against me..." then, he looks up, an insidiuous thought. "Of course... you have learned so much from me, you pathetic copy," he glares down Zaffre, a self-sastified grin forming. "I suppose it's time I learn something from you."

Azure raises a hand to the Expanse above, confidence radiating, "I believe it high time I gained a new ally of my own from outside of time! A loyal future ally, one I have seen shall be the key to my eventual victory in the future!"

"Though of course... with some more useful adjustments..."

---
Tempest
Tempest
https://www.project-siege.weebly.com

Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:27 pm
One of Azure's myriad threads of mana glimmered, tracing its way far into the sky and into the cosmos itself. The string grazed the stars above and reaching a dull red star that had been left on its own, its fate displacing it from any constellation. It latched on, and from it siphoned a dark mana that dripped down towards Azure.

Once it got close to the Grandmaster, it dripped off the thread, spilling into a puddle of dark red. The puddle then slowly rose, melting and rehardening into a humanoid shape, excess mana billowing from behind it like a cape or coat.

But this was no human itself. It maintained the color of the dark, star-sapped mana, with anything resembling a face obscured by a smear of black. There were gastly protrusions of blackened crystallized mana, that jutted out from each joint. One hand was replaced with a saber-like spike; the other, a rifle's barrel.

This was not a person. This was a weapon in the mocking form of what might have been a person.

It gurgled, staring at Regiment 1-31 with what must have been the emptiest eyes. A thread of mana connected it to Azure from behind; there was only one option it had. A formadiable aura suddenly arose from the figure, a subconscious warning for what would come if the Regiment put up any further opposition...
Aeront
Aeront
Admin

Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:54 am
Construct of Crimson has been spawned! Despite its ghastly appearance, every member of Regiment 1-31 gets a strange feeling of... familiarity, from the construct. Or rather, the spirits aiding them do...

Grandmaster Azure appears to be breathing more heavily after his actions... (-2 Adv)

His concentration having been broken, Grandmaster Azure drops the Shroud of Starlight around Castle High: it can now be attacked!

Scarlett, Victim of the Elements raises her hands, conjuring a spiralling tempest with her Dead Heart of the Storm! "Everyone, just, stop fighting..." she says, attempting and failing to muster any strength in her voice. She levels an Electric bolt on Doc Morgan, a Wind barrage on Arthur, and a deluge of Water on Vince!

Doc Morgan, however, shrugs off the attack, now Immune to Electric Damage!

Arthur is baffeted by the storm, thrown tumbling for 308 damage!

Vince, his flames burning scorchingly hot, battles and bats away the water before it reaches him, recieving only 55 damage!

Scarlett then throws a needle straight for Erika, striking her neck! She takes 364 damage and feels something painful begin to course through her: she's been Burned by Scarlett's Burning Blood Poison! Her Burning status cannot be removed by any means!

Russel lumbers forward, his Morale currently at 120%! He seems wholly silent, his eyes simply tracing lines across the ground as he moves to place himself at the front of Castle High, taking a defensive stance! Russel is protecting Castle High, and will intercept any attacks aimed at it toward himself!

Giada scratches and scrapes at her helmet within her flaming armor, terrible sounds and screams eminating from her, before she turns to Severa! Her words are a garbled mess of moans, screams, and whispers, "eeennTTTEEERRRrr..."

Giada's chest armor suddenly expands and opens, plates and molten chaimail giving way as tendrils of flaming darkness and claws of hate whip outward toward the cleric, pulling her toward an infinitely dark pit in the commander's chest--!

But Doc Morgan appears just as the tendrils approach, firing a volley of gunshots on them--just enough of a delay for Severa to weave her way through the remainder herself, safely leaping out of range!

Giada then moves herself in front of Azure, Protecting him! Any attacks aimed at him will be redirected to her instead!

Giada is fatigued from her efforts... (-1 Adv)

Candice is already spent from her efforts, glaring with malice.

Candice is fatigued from her efforts... (-1 Adv)

Corbin shakes his head, taking a long drag of his cigar, "this all went and became a mess... was supposed to be quick and easy, none of this warrin' nonsense." With a cough, he raises his rifle to attack, "guess we better try to get done with this as quick as we can."

Corbin lines up and fires a Crippling Shot on Severa! The bullet streaks through the air with a purple trail, striking the cleric in the joint of her knee armor for 162 damage! She's forced to a knee as she is Crippled, reducing her Agility by 3!

Corbin then activates Suppressing Fire! He will Counter any physical attacks he recieves from now on!

Grandmaster Azure's Ascendant Grandmaster Ability activates, granting him 20% Ascension! Despite the assault he recieved this turn, it seems his otherworldly power has already returned, his sheer presence more brilliant and incredible than any other around him!

Grandmaster Azure's Crown of Starlight glows and shines!
He activates Sign of Storm's Misery! With a burst of emerald light, half of Castle High's members suddenly find themselves struggling for air and breath!
He activates Sign of Star's Vigil! In a flash of dark light, Azure becomes cloaked in shifting glyphs and stones, as he is ready to Adapt to any magic or ranged attacks, granting him protection to those attacks for the battle's remainder!
He activates Sign of Prophet's Mercy! A golden, warm light shrouds him and his allies, promising protection and healing! He and his allies will be healed for 50% of their Max HP at the end of the turn, and Scarlett, Victim of the Element's Power has been doubled!

Giada, Victim of Hellfire's Hellish Defenses grow in strength! She increases her Magical Resistance by 20%!

The Clerics of the Aethon Sol band together, creating a potent concentration of healing energy--which Rosemary directs, creating a whirling stream of warm, regenerative light, which she directs across Regiment 1-31!

All allies are healed for 400 HP!

Vision of the Historian targets Azure's hidden Technique, revealing it: Ascendant Form! Upon reaching 40% Ascension, Azure will be able to transform into a more powerful state of being, empowering all his stats and Techniques!!

The Wizard's Lenses of Knowledge focus in on Azure, revealing his greatest weakness:

...Himself?

Perhaps due to the ascendant energy surrounding the Grandmaster, it's hard to get an exact understanding, but... it seems that the greatest way to defeat Azure is for him to defeat himself. In fact... is that... his destiny?

Azure's Castle High fires its Arcane Artillery! Blasts of magic and mana rain down on Castle Low, dealing 998 damage!

Conquering Champion grants all allies an additional Advantage! Severa gains Charged Magic Circuits!

Last edited by Aeront on Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aeront
Aeront
Admin

Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:54 am
Castle and Commanders:
Aeront
Aeront
Admin

Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:59 am
Regiment 1-31:

CASTLE LOW Lv. 19
HP 7196 / 19000
ARMY STRENGTH: 50%

VS
Aeront
Aeront
Admin

Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:02 pm
16901 / 21000 HP
Lv. 21 AZURE'S CASTLE HIGH
ARMY STRENGTH: 60%

Azure's Castle High:

TURN 2 START!

Action Deadline: 1/11/20
Claris
Claris

Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:44 pm
I kneel. Before my god I kneel. Before me his vision is there, sitting upon his throne.

"Severa. This is it, then? A bullet to the knee...and the mighty cleric mistress is brought low."

I open my mouth, but...

"Say nothing, powerless one. Reflect upon your limits. Upon my judgements. Think what it is you desire, and make your choice."

He smiles cruelly.

"It can still be yours...if you judge correctly."

The vision vanishes, and I sink to the ground fully. My strength is gone, as mana rages through my body. My hair begins to fray, turning a dull, white-dusted brown. I was never worthy of this form, the one I held up in front of my allies. His judgement...that I must prove myself to know my limits...what did he mean?

"Hhhh...Ragnus....have I....failed, then?"

My voice creaks, snapping and croaking. The sound is deep, and ruinous, as it once was.

"I...I can't accept that. I'm sorry, milord...I'm sorry."

I bow my head, and close my eyes. I feel it coming for me...the pale warmth of death. Of unmaking.

...Warmth?

Visions of Happier Days Gone By:

Severa & Co: With heartache resonating in their souls, Get Up. Get Up and Charge as much mana as possible.[1][2]

"Azure."

In my newly re-withered form, I don't seem like much of a threat. I'm not sure he can even hear me. But nonetheless, I speak.

"Your machinations keep me from the one I love."

My entire body blazes like fireworks, mana pouring off my form like a resonant waterfall, pooling around my feet as I stand, against all odds, AS I STAND.

"I will ensure nothing breaks the bonds of those here. I will invoke the deepest madness if I must. The limits of my soul...have always been what I was most afraid of."

Severa: unleash the mana in reality-altering fashion on Regiment 1-31. Bend the walls of our dimension. Bend the temporal, the physical, the spiritual to my will. Invoke Rebellion Against The Heavens.[3]

I kneel again, then, teeth clenched, pain coursing through my body...but this was nothing, and soon enough I smile again, reassuringly, at my comrades. Though I cannot stand, they will know I am safe.

Instead, I drop my weight, lowering myself to the ground. To the mercy of memories long buried...

"O Storied Knight, he who I have slain...I beseech thee. Forgive me mine sins against you, and lend us your power once more..."

Severa: begin the Prayer-Oath of Knighthood, Sixth of its Name[3.5]

"That we might defend against any blow, any storm, any blade leveled against us...lend us your Shield, O Storied One, that blood might not be spilt, and instead left thundering in veins as hearts beat erratic."

I begin to rise as, around me, purple and orange mana glows. The purple is mine, assuredly, but the orange comes from elsewhere, and beyond. A familiar, safeguarding warmth fills me as I rise back to one knee.

"Grant but one of us the power to defend against anything, mine friend. Give unto this Magus the Shield of your will. Aegis of Six!"

Severa: Target Bran with Prayer of Alter Nutrix, transforming Aegis of Magic into Aegis of Six. Upon shattering, the barrier will reform immediately, gaining health with each reformation, up to six reforms.[4]
[VIOLET]
[VIOLET]

Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:02 pm
the nurturing healer:
GM_3826
GM_3826

Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:16 pm
It was never quite enough:

"The Knight?" Bran asked. "No... the Sixth. I don't know, but I understand. Thank him for his assistance. Castle Low has been placed under our protection, and we must defend it."
Bran: Switch to the Animus Arcanis. Fire a spear of ice at Corbin using the free action granted to you by the Wizard's Lenses of Knowledge, and attempt to slow Candice by using Arcane Expertise to freeze her slightly. Charge your magic circuits and cast Aegis of Six on Zaffre, and inflict Azure's Castle High with Dark Cloud. Prepare Arcane Negation to counter Azure's next spell targeting an ally that's not under the effects of Promised Future.
Vision of the Historian: Target the Construct of Crimson. What is its nature, and what are its weaknesses?
The Wizard's Insight: Water

Last edited by GM_3826 on Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum