May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar

Go down
Aeront
Aeront
Admin
https://terrafirma.forumotion.com

Battle 5: vs Colossus of De-Zum-Ri Lv 12 - Page 2 Empty Battle 5: vs Colossus of De-Zum-Ri Lv 12

Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:18 pm
First topic message reminder :

First Message:

Last edited by Aeront on Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:51 pm; edited 4 times in total

GM_3826
GM_3826

Battle 5: vs Colossus of De-Zum-Ri Lv 12 - Page 2 Empty Re: Battle 5: vs Colossus of De-Zum-Ri Lv 12

Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:31 pm
Now that Bran was unstuck in time, he had a splitting headache. Human minds weren't really meant to occupy two settings at once, so his brain was racking itself trying to sort through what he was perceiving. Bran did his best to focus on the present to work through the pain, but he couldn't quite block out the perception that something was happening somewhere that he shouldn't be, but was. It was an awful feeling, not quite a seizure, but painful enough to remind Bran of one, and it took all of Bran's attention to focus on the situation at hand. He feared that he would lose himself as a result and find himself somewhere else entirely.

Something occurred to him, though. The cores were fighting a battle of attrition, and they were winning. They were taking away all of their options and steadily wearing them down. If Castle High was to win, it was essential that they uncover who the creator of the Colossus of De-Zum-Ri was and convince Werzop that they would not return. After Bran came to this realization, as his head continued to spin, he began to speak.

"Werzop?" Bran started to lean onto his staff, using it as a pivot as if it were a walking stick in a show of nonagression. "At this point, I understand it might be a little bit too late to ask. But none of us are aware of who the creator actually is. As you've mentioned, this staff I'm carrying is named Perunyr, and it seems to be the kind of technology that your people used. I created it myself, and I do not know when or where the name came to me. So I supect that it very well could have been a weapon your people used, once. The problem is that they are long gone. I recovered the emerald that was used to create this staff from what was essentially a pirate's treasure hoard. The only reason that I am aware of the fact that your people used similar technology is because I've read about them in books using information recovered from ancient tombs and long-lost ruins, and of course, because that black diamond on the Colossus of De-Zum-Ri's head seems to be of similar make. I guess what I'm getting at here is that unless your creator had somehow uncovered the secrets of immortality, they must be long dead. Yes, they promised that they would return, but whatever catastrophe destroyed his kingdom must have left him with no chance to respond and alert you to his demise. Who was your creator? If they weren't immortal, than I'm sorry to say that they will not return. And I understand that this might seem unbelievable, but none of us are here to serve as tomb robbers. All of us are here for information. Your civilization was one of the few that had technology that even resembled a threat that could now consume us all, so our army desperately needs information on how exactly it works. And, speaking of my personal goals, I would like to learn about your nation and document it. Nothing interests me more in life. My goal is to uncover all the world's knowledge and write a history of it in the form of a book. If this ends in our bloody demise, that is not something I will ever be capable of doing, and so your people will be forgotten. I hope that you understand the import of this mission."

After that long, wordy speech, which Bran suspected that he could only deliver because of his displacement in time, he waited for Werzop to respond. He didn't know how the watcher core was going to, and that was important, because that would deeply influence how he acted next. If the watcher core agreed to share information and understood that his kingdom had been consumed by catastrophe, that would be the end. No more bloodshed and no more destruction. If he responded with fire, then that wasn't going to be how this ended at all.

Bran: Try to convince Werzop that his creator will not be coming back by speaking honestly, softly, and logically, and request information. While you do this, try and examine the black diamond from afar. If he responds by continuing to defend the Colossus instead of ceasing hostilities, raise your staff and prepare to use Arcane Negation to counter magical effects targeted at Vince as they are cast. Then, create vibrations in the air around the Colossus of De-Zum Ri in an effort to break the mechanical joints of its knees with thunderous force. After it is immobilized, enter the Colossus and investigate as much as you can, searching for any sort of writing on the creator of the Colossus, or examples of what kind of technology they used.
Claris
Claris

Battle 5: vs Colossus of De-Zum-Ri Lv 12 - Page 2 Empty Re: Battle 5: vs Colossus of De-Zum-Ri Lv 12

Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:37 pm
Severa: Should hostilities continue, I call upon the divine power of Ragus to whip the electrified sand in to a sandstorm with galeforce winds.

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

[VIOLET]
[VIOLET]

Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:09 am
>Arthur: Stand guard at Bran's back with Focused Defender, ready to take incoming magical attacks or otherwise help him out of the way of danger; keeping a fierce stance, a warning to the remaining Cores that he's ready to snap into action should negotiation fail: a message to wait, rather than one of aggression.

"...you've got a lot of nerve," he growled over his shoulder, the sound of it running low, cupped by his oxygen mask- "trying this now while the others are pissed off..."

Glowering down the sand, it seemed Arthur's glare didn't just extend to their enemies; he kept a close eye on Vince in particular, and... watched, he supposed, or, kept his senses extended outward for the approach of the otherwordly thing Yam had turned into-- not as if he knew exactly what he'd do about the latter... but.

With the former already baked, the swordsman anticipated- no, decided, that the pyromancer ought to know what was good for him and play dead for a minute: if something else happened that way, he only had his own recklessness to blame...

...meanwhile, the blood from the wound in his shoulder continued to roll on down, leaving dark impressions in the dry sand where it dripped... a droplet for every tense moment where everything stood still...
Sharks
Sharks

Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:22 pm
The fuck??? The fuck???????????? Yam's face contorted into something resembling primordial fury as Bran - although, as she was, she had a hard time actually recognizing specific people around her - began to speak with the thing that had stolen from her. Her hands itched with the desire to tear her aspect, [HARVEST], out from the heart of the machine. Her fingers twitched, and in their twitching gave off signals which, if translated, would correspond to something like "GIVE IT BACK," on repeat, repeating even before the original had finished being said, so that the whole thing was a garbled mess of anger and need. At some point she stopped breathing, she was so apoplectic. If this thing's master was still alive, she'd kill them herself...

>Yam: Twitch furiously, prepared to kill the hell out of Werzop the moment it or any other part of the enemy force does anything aggressive (mainly by just, slashing it with her scythe as many times as possible).
Aeront
Aeront
Admin

Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:03 pm
A constrictive tension hung over the heads of Castle High's soldiers, as Werzop considered Bran's words...

Werzop's Response:

Though they haven't ceased hostilities, Werzop appears discontent! They won't be taking any actions this turn!

"Hmph. Damn thing sounds defective," Corbin snarks. "Now that it's confused, we can pick off the others. Let's go! Attack!"

Bran investigates the black crystal up above. His Far-Sight Spectacles indicate for him that the damage to the crystal is not in any way recent: the diamond was likely damaged when it was removed from the earth, never whole. It also doesn't seem to have any particular magical properties to it: like all crystals, it could likely be used as a battery for mana, but there don't seem to be any enchantments or spells imbued into it, as he'd read the people of De-Zum-Ri were known to do. And yet... something doesn't seem right about that. Like, somehow, he can just feel it's more than a simple hunk of crystal. Or at the least, it was.

The mage then prepares his staff, standing in front of Vince...!

Manipulating the mana in the air, Bran begins to vibrate the air, a kinetic, shearing power to break the Colossus' knees... but the construction of the Colossus appears too sturdy! While he manages to deal 283 damage, the Colossus remains solid, no way to enter revealed! He does note, however, that the magical leylines running across the structure's body are in the form of constellations and arcane gears. Perhaps the colossus is tied to the stars?

Bran feels a fatigue from his actions... (-1 Adv)

A divine wind begins to whirl across the sands as Severa calls upon Ragnus to create a gale! The wind begins to spin and stir, electrified grains of sand and static made animate, whipping across the wastes!!

The Current Cage surrounding the enemies negates the electrical damage from the sands, but the whirling wind still buffets them, dealing 80 damage to Helper Core B, Helper Core C, and Containment Core, as well as 160 damage to the Colossus!

The air around the battlefield is now filled with charged sand -- currents and lightning will be able to easily flow!

Vince roars into action! He begins by hurling a fireball at Helper Core C, but just barely manages to miss the mark, only managing to sear the edge of the core for 112 damage!

He then locks his sights on the Colossus and activates his Fiery Conflux! The flames accross the Colossus spiral together, forming a singularity that suddenly explodes, dealing 625 damage!

The fire mage then notes a particularly broken section of the Colossus' outer exterior and uses Sharpnel Blast! A sliver of fire whirls through the air and explodes at the section, dealing 312 damage to the fortress, before raining down burning fragments on the enemies below! None of the cores are able to escape the blast, each taking 101 damage!

With an arcane spasm, the Containment Core is destroyed!

Suddenly, Bran and Emilia feel as if something has been returned to them, like remembering something vital! Bran gains Arcana, and Emilia gains Double Shot!

TRAINING MISSION COMPLETE! Despite the battered and beaten form of his body, Vince can unleash a flurry of blows and attacks, contained in a new Technique! Vince gains Efficient Offensive! Whenever he performs three or more attacks in the same turn, the Advantage consumed that turn is reduced by one!

Vince is exhausted from his efforts... (-2 Adv)

Arthur takes a defensive position at Bran's back, ready to intercept any attacks headed for him...!

Yam stands at the ready, twitching furiously as she eyes the cores...

Saul rushes for the Colossus, leaping off a nearby stone to slash through its exposed knee! Its Reversed Potential reduces the attacks damage, only suffering 107 damage!

Erika rushes down Helper Core B, holding her guitar like a baseball bat and slamming the artifact! The strike deals 112 damage, more than enough to shatter the core to pieces!

Vince feels a familiarity return to him: he regains Wildfire!

Emilia, looking upon her bow with a renewed fondness, fires an arrow straight for Helper Core C! The Core beeps, activating Guidance to dance around the attack, surviving!

Emilia then keeps an eye on Yam, telling her slowly, "It's gonna be alright. They're on their last legs now, and that orby thing doesn't sound too thrilled. Just keep it together, alright?"

Corbin gives his gun a spin, locking sights on Helper Core C!

"Lights out for you, small fry."

"Eep!" is all the core can respond with before being pierced by a bullet! Even with Reversed Potential, the strike manages to deal 55 damage, enough to shatter the core's mana crystal and leave it lifelessly falling to the sand!

Severa feels a relieving sensation come over her as she regains Guidance!

The navigator then swivels his rifle around, blasting at the kneecap of the Colossus! With Reversed Potential, the attack only deals 79 damage, however.

Corbin has 10/10 Castle Charges! He is ready to unleash the power of the Castle's cannons!

Corbin feels fatigue from his efforts... (-1 Adv)

Werzop remains motionless in its stasis state. "Conclusion: I am the only remaining active core. Reviving more cores will leave me open to attacks, and likely lead to my destruction."

"...Under such circumstances... perhaps action and inaction are equivalent? Considering the only difference in outcome will be the annihilation of myself and the colossus..."

Corbin leers at the core. "I'm not sure about this one... you heard it before, didn't you? It's entirely loyal to the person who revived the Flying Fortress. We don't need a risk like that lying around. I say we destroy the core now, stop it from causing any further trouble."

"Must it be that way?" Emilia counters. "The thing is harmless and pitiful. Besides, with its abilities, it could be pretty useful to bring along."

"It would also give the core ample opportunity to 'adapt' itself to all our combat abilities." He growled back.

A Fateful Choice:

All Players, Please Vote

Destroy the Watcher Core: Destroy and dismantle the core. Doing so leaves no risk of the Core coming back or assisting your enemies at a later point, but also leaves no ability for the core to assist you. This option will also give Castle High direct access to the core's Watcher Eye, which could prove a useful artifact.

Recruit the Watcher Core: Take Werzop along with you. Giada can attempt to modify the Core's circuitry so that it can assist the castle, but it will always have some inclination toward its creator, and could potentially aid that creator in a later battle. Of course, this inclination could have some advantage for you as well.

Castle High Forces:

CASTLE HIGH Lv. 14
HP 10706 / 14000 + 500

VS

9828 / 12000 HP
Lv. 12 THE COLOSSUS OF DE-ZUM-RI

The Colossus of De-Zum-Ri Forces:

Choice Deadline: 10/18/19, or when a majority is reached

Last edited by Aeront on Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
GM_3826
GM_3826

Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:31 pm
Bran is feeling a little better, at the very least. He seems to recall what he was missing. He's willing to bet that the effect of the black diamond. stealing their memories. Or perhaps something a bit deeper than that. Closer to identity theft, really. He didn't trust that it did nothing. At this point, though, there was a decision to make.

"I understand that some of you will want to destroy the core." Bran turned to the others. "Almost all of you seemed to be seething in anger just a moment ago. To be honest, I'm not quite sure how to react. It's a conundrum. Something is telling me I want to spare it, as its the last of its kind. But whatever it once guarded is long gone. And while we cannot say for certain, whoever its new "creator" is seems to be a threat we can not ignore. That said, I offer a token of resistance, as an offer of peace, if nothing else. But if you choose to destroy it, now that it is at our mercy, I will not oppose you. Perhaps it is long past its time, and it's possible that it may become a threat we cannot abide in the future."

Bran felt a little uncomfortable speaking of something intelligent like it was an object, but this was a delicate situation that required him to take sides. Who knows how the others would respond to him treating the machine as if it were a person? If the others calmed down, then he'd lighten up a little, but as he was the first to speak up, that hasn't happened yet. Perhaps it never will.

Bran: Vote to Rescue the Watcher Core, but in the event of a tie, change your vote to Destroy the Watcher Core provided that the vote is tense.
[VIOLET]
[VIOLET]

Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:12 pm
"Tch," Arthur spat, only bothering to turn about halfway towards their remaining opponent. A frenetic wind still clung to the sand, kicking up his coat... "This is why machines like this are a mistake-- tools that act like living beings, but only exist to be used- and it doesn't even matter by whom it is used. At least dogs are loyal to their masters... we have long surpassed the point the dog would bite- and this piece of scrap is willing to allow the destruction of everything its first creator lived for just so it can be useful to someone else?"

For a moment, his gaze drifted upwards-- towards the sky reflected by the leylines below... The towering silhouette of the Colossus' feminine figure.

"I'm sure machines don't believe in soul... and what a fatal error that must be... but if even now the spirit of the first creator lingers in these constructs, I'm sure it would be burning with shame."

self-sufficient:

"Pathetic." The swordsman spat- "You think this thing will be of more use to us than the parts? Mmph. Suppose it's not my place to keep you from it."

He shrugged- though he kept his blade by his side, still wary.

>Arthur: Rebuke Werzop for forgetting the intention of its first creator-- suggesting that they are still watching from somewhere far away. Note the arms of the Colossus, stretched towards the sky even after thousands of years... The likeness of a woman- no, a mother.

If it continues to insist, vote to destroy the Watcher Core.
Claris
Claris

Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:13 pm
"...You have caused irrefutable harm to us, and killed Ragnus-knows how many before us. You do not deserve a swift death, but stars willing, I shall grant you one."

Severa: Vote to destroy.
Aeront
Aeront
Admin

Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:35 pm
Despite the multiple threats made, the core did not seem particularly affected. To Arthur's point, however, it responded, "Notable difference between myself and a dog: living creatures have the ability to choose! Cores such as myself are determined at creation whom we serve. Living creatures place a large emphasis on freedoms and choice, but cores only utilize choices when it is best. This makes comparing our thought processes... challenging! Such distinctions are part of the central principles behind my design."
[VIOLET]
[VIOLET]

Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:01 am
Arthur had at least appeared to stop listening to Werzop midway through its response, an affected air of complete disinterest overtaking his features; though soon it cracked into a dangerous grin- a scowl twisted with amusement.

"...listen to you two," he cast a wry glance towards Bran and Emilia, "I can only wonder how far you think the choice you make now shall take you. It's 'helpless and pitiful'? We ought to show some compassion or respect for this creator's property for the sake of peace? Mph. How bold... or perhaps innocent, confusing an item with a voice for something truly living."

"The way things seem to be now, an encounter with this 'creator' seems only inevitable-- and I'm curious... how you think you'll try to spin this in our favour when it comes time for this to bite us in the arse. Mhahaha... very well."

>Arthur: Vote to spare the Watcher Core.

"You ought to understand where that kind of thinking takes you in this world-- but if you surprise me, I suppose, I'll have to reward it..."
Aeront
Aeront
Admin

Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:29 pm
Vote Result: Recruit the Watcher Core

Though there was certainly muttering among the ranks, the members of Regiment 1-31 couldn't quite bring themselves to destroy the core. Seeing an opportunity, Emilia steps forward and snatches the core from the air, giving it a shake. "Hey, call off the colossus and turn off... whatever you did to us! Before someone dunks 'ya!"

"Doing this now is equivalent to the outcome if destroyed," Werzop buzzes. "Now disengaging defenses..."

With a sound like the last gasp escaping a long-dead tomb, the Colossus' weapons power down, their arcane energy dissipating and being released to the winds as it returns to its previous pose, arms extended up toward the stars above with face pointed down.

With a quick flash of light, Yam, Erika, Arthur, and Vince all regain their respective Abilities! The forces of Regiment 1-31 are restored to full might!

"Behave," Emilia solidly warns the sphere, tucking it securely under her arm.

"Affirmative, I will behave," the core agrees.

"Good enough?" Emilia asks the group. "I'll take them straight to Giada to check out."

"Hmph... we'll need to keep that thing under close eye," Corbin grunts. "I suppose it means we can take the ruins with minimal damage, but... rgh... got a real bad feeling about that dumb little core."

As Emilia left with the core (which gave off a few slightly-worried beeps), Corbin yawned. "Still, this one counts as a win. Good job, everyone. I'll call the other leaders over here soon. While the Logistics Division starts picking the place for materials, let's see if we can find any clues to who that core's old master was. Oh, but um, maybe take a breather? You all don't appear to be in top shape after... well, whatever happened."

As the mighty Colossus' stone limbs become inanimate once more, the sprawling mystery of Del-Zum-Ri's ruins expand out before the Regiment. What secrets and power will they contain?

THE COLOSSUS OF DEL-ZUM-RI: DEFEATED
Gained 144 XP
LEVEL UP! Castle High is now Level 15! All actions are now more likely to succeed!
(To next level: 29 XP)

Vote on Castle High's next upgrade:

Arcane Artillery
The magical weaponry of the Colossus will be the main focus of recovery efforts, allowing the castle to make its own arcane attacks on enemy castles.
At the end of every turn, attack the enemy castle with a Power of Castle High's Level x 4.

Support Leylines
The magical leylines of the Colossus will be the main focus of recovery efforts, allowing healing magic to be conducted throughout the ranks of the castle's forces inside and outside of battle.
At the end of every turn, heal the lowest health ally with a Power of Castle High's Level x 4.

Artificer's Enchantments
The Colossus will be stripped for arcane items and equipment, which the Engineering Core will use to create facilities for producing elemental seals over time.
Recover an Elemental Seal of a random element after every battle. Elemental Seals can be combined with weapons and armor to increase their Power and cause them to at least deal partial elemental damage.

Castle High Forces:

Upgrade and Training Mission Category Deadline: 10/25/19
GM_3826
GM_3826

Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:32 pm
Bran was clearly a bit shocked by the results of the vote. He wasn't expecting that Arthur would shrug the way he did, or that Vince and Yam would not vote at all. He also felt a sense of unease concerning Werzop, both for the "life" of the core and the potential danger he could pose. But, Bran would put that aside for now. If this was a game, then they were beginning the second half, and the board was changing. Things would be a lot different from here on out.

"Sadly, I get the feeling that we can no longer avoid destruction." Bran sighed. "The path we will walk from this point onward is paved with bloodshed. The endgame is becoming clearer and clearer. I can only hope that our foes are more of a threat than we are. That said, seeing how several of the fortress-sized threats we have faced have had the ability to fight on their own, I feel it may be necessary to equip Castle High with the appropriate armaments. Using the knowledge we have gathered, we will surely be capable of doing so."

...Why do I feel a pang of guilt?

Upgrade: Arcane Artillery

Training Mission: Utility
[VIOLET]
[VIOLET]

Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:25 pm
Arthur took a deep breath following the flash of light-- something... well, something, filling him again. Was it warm or cold? As if he'd relaxed, or as if a weight had returned to his shoulders?

Maybe... a little bit of each. And while-- upon the release of that breath-- he found himself able to stand tall again without angling his face away from the others or souring his expression when their eyes had to meet... he had to wonder: how weak had he become, to crumble so easily without "that"?

His feet were his feet, his legs unharmed. His hands had not been taken from him, but the steady anchor at the center of his mind had been; and he twisted inward... hardly able to keep steady on what was the real threat in the desert. It took all he had to keep such a level head-- to remind himself not to run. Even then, in the end, it was not his own strength he held onto in the end...

...like a moth, fluttering towards a flame, he...

"Mhahahaha..." Arthur chuckled, hearing Bran's concerns about the future. "It's true... a weak heart, and weak convictions, will not survive long on this path. If you find yourself so easily shaken by the threat ahead that it will turn you away from what you wish for... then you should forget about it, yes."

With that, he regarded the ruins below with one more glance. "...likely nothing left here save for the scraps that other 'creator' left behind... I'm not sure if I'm interested. Unless someone thinks there might be security remaining down there, I believe I'll head back and fix my wounds."

He closed his eyes as he turned around and headed back up the dunes- towards the castle gates, once more. A hand rose to pull off his mask, as well; so long as nothing threatened to jump out, he could afford to exchange that easier breathing for at least a minute in the cooler, drier air turning about them...

"Oy,"

The swordsman barked towards the charred figure of Vince further up the dunes, "I hear it's a bit hard to move once you've been thoroughly cooked. Come. We'll get you to the nurses."

If the man could still move, he offered his gloved hand to him (and if not, he'd pull him onto his back and drag him up to the gates)- though it still seemed to have an air of distance to it: his chin lifted slightly and turned away. Was it his own coldness, or the smell? As always, it was difficult to be sure...

"...mgh. They certainly have their work cut out for them today..."

>Vote for Support Leylines

>Training Mission: Support
Claris
Claris

Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:14 pm
Upgrade Vote: Arcane Artillery
Training Mission: Support
Sharks
Sharks

Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:24 am
>Vote for Support Leylines

Training Mission: Offense

...Ah. Well, that was something. The violent twitching of her soul, like a finger tapping on the glass, had prevented her from attacking or even voting for destruction... Yam was somewhat thankful that her inborn disdain for the concept of being... coerced, to put it nicely, into murder, was strong enough to prevent her from doing any serious damage in her not-herself state. With that said, maybe her self-self would have chosen to attack anyway...? Well, probably not, but it would have been nice to have a clear head in the moment.

Whatever the case, she hoped nobody was too freaked out by her display. Now that it was over, she coughed politely, resolved to pretend nothing had happened, and made some votes. Maybe she could hunt down those vulture spirits again...
Aeront
Aeront
Admin

Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:27 pm
Upgrade Chosen: Arcane Artillery

Newly Discovered Items:

Castle Treasury:

Castle High Forces:
Claris
Claris

Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:03 pm
Severa: [s]I will withdraw the Leather Straps and the Stone Rune Armor, then attempt to combine them with my Robes of Motif. If I succeed, equip the resulting armor; otherwise, equip the Stone Rune Armor.[/s]

Last edited by LadyRena on Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
GM_3826
GM_3826

Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:39 pm
"Hmm." Bran was the one who sorted through all the magic items, along with Werzop. He helped return them to the convoy. However, he kept one for himself, marveling at its potential.

That token... The Coin of Triumph. It's quite a powerful artifact. One that turn the tide of fate itself. Bran stared at the coin. ...I know where this is going.

Bran doesn't have a whole lot of experience with consumable magic items, but he knows from others in the field that things like this tend to go to waste.

I'm not sure I trust myself with such a powerful gift, but I'll try and make good use of it.

Bran: Take the Coin of Triumph.
Aeront
Aeront
Admin

Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:45 pm
Post-Battle Cutscene (1):
Aeront
Aeront
Admin

Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:22 am
Post-Battle Cutscene (2):

Cutscene Summary (TLDR):
Aeront
Aeront
Admin

Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:43 pm
Post-Battle Cutscene (3):

Cutscene Summary (TLDR):
Aeront
Aeront
Admin

Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:08 pm
The Second Act:

CHOOSE A CASTLE

The Army of the Aethon Sol - Lv 15:

The Hundred-Headed Demon - Lvl 16:

The Dreadnought of Bertila - Lvl 15:

The Flying Fortress - Lvl ??:

CHOOSE A LEADER

Russel (Primed) - All-around strong commander. His sword is a capable weapon that excels at dealing with large groups of enemies. His unique Morale ability gives allies more momentum when succeeding, leading to his command abilities providing huge boosts to everyone's performance and keeping up the lead.

Giada (Primed) - Defensive adaptable engineer. Wears a suit of mechanical armor that blocks attacks, protects others, and retaliates. Her suit can also be quickly adapted to take the best advantage of her surroundings and give her allies unique opportunities.

Rosemary (Primed) - Protective supporting healer. She holds a magic ring that amplifies her supportive magic, restoring the health of allies and giving them quick bursts of performance enhancement. If given time to focus, she can quickly perform multiple of these techniques simultaneously without fail.

Scarlett (Tired) - Agile tricky infiltrator. Her needles are weak, but have high utility and can inflict nasty debuffs. Prefers to infiltrate the enemy forces for recon and sabotage, passing on useful information and striking key weak points. Excels at finding and exploiting enemy weaknesses.

Corbin (Tired) - Dangerous navigator. His gun isn't very damaging, and is better for suppressing enemy offenses and keeping dangerous enemies pinned down. He has a trick, however: after charging it up for enough turns, he can fire Castle High's thruster cannons to deal massive damage to all enemies.

NEW! Zaffre (Primed) -  Chaotic unpredictable astromancer. Doesn't really do much fighting himself unless he comes under fire, but with his powerful fate-gazing apparatuses, can create powerful buffs, debuffs and crucial information. He's an unpredictable wildcard, and what bonuses he provides might not seem very helpful... at first.

Crafting actions and Votes for Castle and Leader Due Date: 12/6/19
[VIOLET]
[VIOLET]

Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:29 am
>Arthur: Take the Dagger of the Broken Kiss and the Talisman of the Fox Robber. Equip the Talisman.
GM_3826
GM_3826

Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:31 am
"So much is happening at once." Bran sighed. "Better prepare ourselves for the fight ahead. It is right at our doorstep, so we better be prepared for it." Although Bran usually kept his thoughts to himself, today he was talking to himself, apparently out of anxiety. Visibly straightening himself out, he began looking for Arthur. He had a request in mind.

"Arthur?" Bran found Arthur as he was tending to a potted plant. Bran was smiling, but his eyes did meet the mercenary's. "Have you always been interested in gardening? I only dabble in it myself."

Bran tensed further. "To be honest, I'm here to ask you something." His uneasy smile became a frown. "There's a series of dangerous battles ahead of us, and they'll be hard on us all. But one thing worries me in particular." Tapping his foot as he thought about what to say next, he continued. "The knights of Aethon Sol are skilled at fighting magic users. This worries me, as I am the only soldier of our regiment to have no combat ability." At this moment, he raised his head. "I'm sorry for interrupting you, but are you familiar with physical combat with a staff? I would like you to teach me, so I can defend myself without using magic if necessary."
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum