May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar

Go down
Aeront
Aeront
Admin
https://terrafirma.forumotion.com

Battle 7: vs  Dreadnought of Bertilia Lv 17 - Page 3 Empty Battle 7: vs Dreadnought of Bertilia Lv 17

Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:33 pm
First topic message reminder :

Opening Cutscene:

Falling!:

Aeront
Aeront
Admin

Battle 7: vs  Dreadnought of Bertilia Lv 17 - Page 3 Empty Re: Battle 7: vs Dreadnought of Bertilia Lv 17

Sat May 16, 2020 7:43 pm
Scarlett, meanwhile, gives instructions to one of her lieutenants, who heads off with several other recon agents toward the Dreadnought's war path.

Before she follows, however, she spots Bran, calling out, "Bran! Hey!" Her leather outfit squeaking with each rapid footsteps due to the rain, she approaches the mage. "You alright? I could barely believe how fuckin' massive that squid spirit of yours became. Didn't exactly look pleasant to be holding onto the staff for." She gives him a straight-mouthed look of concern, "I know you're a really good mage and all, but... is that thing, y'know... under control?"
GM_3826
GM_3826

Battle 7: vs  Dreadnought of Bertilia Lv 17 - Page 3 Empty Re: Battle 7: vs Dreadnought of Bertilia Lv 17

Sat May 16, 2020 9:12 pm
I had to do an intense internal monologue at SOME point:
Bran seems lost in thought when Scarlett begins talking to him. Once he realizes she's there, though, he begins to speak up.
"I'm doing my best, to be honest. I'm starting to think making a staff with the remains of a giant monster that hungered for the end of the world was a bad idea." He laughed, but it was obvious he was just trying to dull the pain-he knew the gravitas of what he was dealing with and was trying to lighten the mood without lightening the seriousness of what he did. "I'd rather die than fail to keep Perkeen under control. I'll promise you that." He spoke totally honestly, without a hint of reservation.

Because I'm not even speaking figuratively. I'm not sure what I'm more concerned about-leaving the world to be destroyed, or failing to keep my pet under control. When I'm done with all this, I'm going to have to figure out how to keep those two under a lock and key... as much as it pains me to imprison a living, breathing being, no matter how primal or destructive.

...What have I become?
[VIOLET]
[VIOLET]

Sun May 17, 2020 3:20 pm
relax:

Sensing Giada's voice at the far edge of his awareness, Arthur tugged at the collar of his coat to wipe the grime and tears from his face. Sounded like his day wasn't over just yet...

"Are you thanking me for restraining myself, Commander?" He cracked a snide grin, though it quickly settled back down to a fatigued neutral. "Tch, so much for trust--go on ahead, then. I just need to pick up a few things first..."

Flashing one more smirk, the swordsman began to press towards Castle High... not letting his gaze linger for long on the torn landscape behind the Dreadnought. Rosemary's healing had closed most of his wounds, but he still had to fix up the little scratch Selvenade managed to nail under his arm--and, well, it had been a long day: he supposed he could put on his oxygen for a half hour...

>Vote: Hardsteel Plating
Aeront
Aeront
Admin

Mon May 18, 2020 8:40 am
Scarlett's expression deepens into a concerned frown at Bran's odd laugh. "I believe you on that one, but I'm not only worried about what the staff could do to the world. I'm starting to get worried about what it's doing to you. You seem tense, and a bit... lost?" She shakes her head, "we already have pressure on her shoulders keeping the country safe without having to be concerned about fuck-off, world-ending spirits."

The commander puts a hand on his shoulder with a light, sympathetic smile, the lightning-scar pattern across them visible. "You're a lot more that just some jailer for a sea monster, Bran. You're a crack researcher, a dependable ally, and--" she quickly glanced around before lowering her voice and giving him a wink, "--one of the only people around here with wits as sharp as mine."

"I know it's a lot..." she takes a look behind her at the burning Dreadnought, lightning still scarring the sky as a passing Bertilan slips on a patch of ice. Her frown returns, "...a hell of a lot, at that." She turns back to him, "but if anyone's going to wield that kind of power, I'm glad it's you. Someone who won't let it go to their head or abuse it. If anything, I'm kinda worried about it abusing you..."

She's silent for a moment, her face tightening with deep contemplation. Then, with a small start,  she asks, "okay, I know this might sound kinda crazy, but hear me out: have you considered asking Zaffre for some advice on keeping that storm spirit in check? He's basically an artificer, so he might know a way to let you have more control." She smirks, "heh, maybe he could make you a little containment cube based off that pretty little prison of his." Dropping the joke as quickly as it came, she continued, "no one deserves to be afraid of their own capability, and certainly not you. So, at least something to consider."

"And hey, if you need someone to talk to or listen, I'd be--" she stops, "...well, I'm actually pretty busy for most the day... oh, but I do have lunch breaks and evenings free." She nods, "so yeah, if you need someone to listen, I'd be happy to. I mean, I'm not exactly Rosie, but listening to problems is a specialty of mine. I could toss you some research reports too, if you just want to get your mind off things."

Last edited by Aeront on Mon May 18, 2020 9:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Aeront
Aeront
Admin

Mon May 18, 2020 8:55 am
"Hey, I saw you slice a flying metal machine out of the air while under bullet fire ten minutes ago," Giada raises an eyebrow to Arthur as he leaves, hands on her armored hips. "That's the sorta thing I'm used to trusting you to handle, so you'll have to pardon my surprise, soldier." She over-emphasizes the last word in mock of Arthur's referral to her as 'Commander.'

As he gives his last smirk she waves him away, unable to help but grin herself. That man is certainly a character...

Last edited by Aeront on Mon May 18, 2020 9:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Aeront
Aeront
Admin

Mon May 18, 2020 9:12 am
"Oh hey, Nathalia!" Russel calls for the dragoon, running over to her. "Hey! Thanks for your help out there!" He smiles brightly as he looks her up and down, "man, you're really something else! The way you just leapt in here and started smashing through enemies, unreal."

"My name's Russel by the way! So, uh, listen..." he stops a moment to take a breath, "I know you've probably got your own things going on that you want to get back to, but would you mind helping us out? We've got a really important job up here." He waves toward his allies, "we in Castle High seek out the enemies of tomorrow, the threats to our nation that are still growing, and take them out before they can ever threaten the people or Castle Low."

Realizing the current situation, he adds with a note of guilt, "...well, that was the plan, anyway. Lately, we haven't been able to do as much as we would like stopping those threats before they grow. And as far as stopping them before they reach Castle Low..." he looks over his shoulder at the aforementioned castle, just a few miles away, "as you can see, we've been cutting it kinda close."

His enthusiasm re-surges, "but, that's why we're here! And we've still got some really big threats to take care of. There's a giant army of knights coming from the west that are capturing and killing all the mages they can find, and a flying, really powerful fortress moving in from the east that uh... we've, sorta had premonitions of for the last few months, where it blows us to pieces? Sooo..." he motions to her, "that's why I wanted to ask for your help. You've shown you're an outstanding fighter, and the country could really use your help right now." Moving a lock of brown hair out of his eyes that emerged mid-speaking, he adds, "and if you did, I'd add you to our most elite Regiment, 1-31. Those were the guys fighting Selvenade by you earlier, and who got the fighting to stop. They're our ace in the hole, and I think you'd fit in with them great."

He extends a hand, a hopeful smile, "so, what do you say? Want to help us keep the future safe?"
Mirkwood
Mirkwood

Fri May 22, 2020 3:56 pm
Nathalia had taken off her helmet and was holding in the crook of her left arm, as she evaluated the aftermath of the battle. Suddenly one of the in-charge-ish looking soldiers called out to and ran to her. As the man, who introduced himself as Russel, described the situation of Castle High. She had heard some rumours about other forces and dangers getting close to the country... It was very dangerous that such things were true. An attack on multiple sides of the country by different groups... It would be disastrous if either of them were able to reach Castle Low, wouldn't it? And they had also had visions of the future of another flying fortress destroying them. The mage killing knights surely wouldn't be easy to deal with either. Nathalia considered her position here. She currently wasn't in the middle of anything, she had already dropped everything to try and deal with this Bertillian invasion. And a chance to join an elite group, that was not too different than an adventuring party, on a quest of sorts to save the country. It certainly sounded appealing, and there would certainly be plenty to be gained from doing such. Not to mention the certainly once in a lifetime opportunity of being a part of Castle High's story. A story that she had been told and wondered about before. It would be dangerous, of course, but when hadn't her life been dangerous? Protecting the future... Surely it would be worth her time, her effort, and maybe even her life. Not that it would come to that, of course. The healing team seemed to be very adept at keeping everyone alive, at least. "Well... Good to meet you, Russel. I appreciate your vote of confidence and appreciation. You do appear to be doing that which is very important, and urgent... And since you are asking... I'll do it. You and this elite regiment were quite impressive as well. I'm sure that with all the forces of Castle High, we'll be able to overcome these threats in time. Is there any oath or contract or anything that you require? Or anything that I need to know?"

Also vote for Hardsteel Plating.
Claris
Claris

Fri May 22, 2020 6:05 pm
Vote: CASTLE L E G S
Aeront
Aeront
Admin

Sat May 23, 2020 5:23 pm
Upgrade Chosen: Hardsteel Plating

Post Battle Cutscene 1: In an unmarked room of Castle High...:

Newly Discovered Items:

Castle Treasury:
Aeront
Aeront
Admin

Sun May 24, 2020 7:31 pm
Cutscene: The Morning Commander Meeting:

Cutscene: The Visage of Castle Low:

Cutscene: Meeting Within The Castle:

TLDR of above cutscenes:

VOTING OPTION - Please choose one of the following:

Imprison the Bertilans
Imprisoning the Bertilans guarantees they won't cause any future problems and that justice is dealt. They will be held in prison for the next several years and eventually given individual trials and fines to make up for the harm they've caused to Rosalia. This is likely the option the general populous expects and prefers.

Let the Bertilans Work
The Bertilans will be watched as closely as can be afforded and given jobs improving Castle Low's infrastructure and logistics, as well as providing a minor improving its military forces. While this would theoretically help the castle, it also puts the castle at risk if these forces use the lax security to stage a riot or, worse, a coup. This option may not seem like proper justice to those who have been personally injured by the Bertilan's war path.
Aeront
Aeront
Admin

Sun May 24, 2020 7:31 pm
CHOOSE A CASTLE

The Army of the Aethon Sol - Lv 20:

The Flying Fortress - Lvl ??:

CHOOSE 2 LEADERS

Russel (Primed) - All-around strong commander. His sword is a capable weapon that excels at dealing with large groups of enemies. His unique Morale ability gives allies more momentum when succeeding, leading to his command abilities providing huge boosts to everyone's performance and keeping up the lead.

Giada (Rested) - Defensive adaptable engineer. Wears a suit of mechanical armor that blocks attacks, protects others, and retaliates. Her suit can also be quickly adapted to take the best advantage of her surroundings and give her allies unique opportunities.

Rosemary (Tired) - Protective supporting healer. She holds a magic ring that amplifies her supportive magic, restoring the health of allies and giving them quick bursts of performance enhancement. If given time to focus, she can quickly perform multiple of these techniques simultaneously without fail.

Scarlett (Primed) - Agile tricky infiltrator. Her needles are weak, but have high utility and can inflict nasty debuffs. Prefers to infiltrate the enemy forces for recon and sabotage, passing on useful information and striking key weak points. Excels at finding and exploiting enemy weaknesses.

Corbin (Rested) - Dangerous navigator. His gun isn't very damaging, and is better for suppressing enemy offenses and keeping dangerous enemies pinned down. He has a trick, however: after charging it up for enough turns, he can fire Castle High's thruster cannons to deal massive damage to all enemies.

Zaffre (Tired) -  Chaotic unpredictable astromancer. Doesn't really do much fighting himself unless he comes under fire, but with his powerful fate-gazing apparatuses, can create powerful buffs, debuffs and crucial information. He's an unpredictable wildcard, and what bonuses he provides might not seem very helpful... at first.

Candice (Primed) -  Supportive gun-slinging chronomancer. Her time-bending weapons can change the tempo of battle by slowing her enemies and speeding along her allies, creating unique statuses rarely found elsewhere. A bit of an all-arounder, she's particularly helpful when dealing with enemies with bizarre and overwhelming powers.

Deadline for Bertila, Castle and Leader Voting: 5/29/20

Last edited by Aeront on Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
GM_3826
GM_3826

Thu May 28, 2020 9:40 pm
Bran: Vote for the Army of the Aethon Sol and to let the Bertilans work. If we fight the Army of the Aethon Sol, roll with Russel and Candice. Otherwise, Scarlett and Corbin.

Crafting Action: Incorporate lightsteel chainmesh into the Cloak of Swift Gales.

Last edited by GM_3826 on Fri May 29, 2020 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Claris
Claris

Fri May 29, 2020 5:33 pm
Severa: Deconstruct > Blades of Unending Mana.
Aeront
Aeront
Admin

Fri May 29, 2020 5:44 pm
Deconstruction Processed. Materials gained:

Deconstructed Components:

Castle Treasury:
Claris
Claris

Fri May 29, 2020 5:49 pm
Severa: Craft > 1x Pristine Mana Sink + 1x Steady Mana Core + 1x Focusheart Lens + 1x Enchanted Elmwood = Hopefully, a Cannon Framework
Severa: Fusion Core > Crafted framework + 1x T-77 Repeater Rifle.
Severa: Votes

• Let the Bertilians work. Forgiveness is a virtue.
  • Castle: Army of Aethon Sol. It's high time they got put in their place.
  • Leaders: Giada/Candice.

Last edited by LadyRena on Fri May 29, 2020 7:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
[VIOLET]
[VIOLET]

Fri May 29, 2020 7:22 pm
>Vote to let the Bertilans work, albeit warily.

>Vote for Army of Aethon Sol, with Commanders Russel and Candice.

>Craft: If someone else doesn't use the Armor of the Castle, fuse it with Severa's armor to TURN HER INTO AN INVINCIBLE GODDESS. Also reinforce the plates of the Phantasmal Coat with [a Hardsteel Ingot]--molding, folding, and hammering it around the dragonbone pieces to make shining silver armor in the likeness of dragon scales. Trim the coat's lower side to make three clean sections, the middle of which to be designated as the mount for a long section of wide, layered metal scales made from the leftover Hardsteel.

>Modify a Flight Booster Pack using 1 Advanced Electronics and 1 Scrap Metal (deconstructing if need-be) to reduce its size enough to fit on the small of the back of the coat. Use the scrap metal to make a ring where the modified pack can be mounted on, and use the Advanced Electronics to create a system between the mounted Flight Booster and the rest of the coat, allowing the wearer to change the booster's orientation at will--using the left glove to engage and the boots to adjust. By mounting the adjustable booster at the center of the wearer's weight instead of higher up on the body, it would allow them boost and maneuver closer to ground level in controlled bursts.

Last edited by Impromptu on Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:18 pm; edited 3 times in total
Mirkwood
Mirkwood

Fri May 29, 2020 10:36 pm
Vote to let the Bertilans work. Unless there was an extensive prison system with enough room for all of captives, it would be better to have them work, as it forces them to use their energy in something productive for Castle Low, and they may require less guards watching them. If they do have a sufficient prison system to fit all of the captives, it's still better to allow them to work if they desire to. There's no use forcing poor soldiers to rot in a cell for simply obeying commands.

Vote to attack the Army of Aethon Sol.

Crafting: Use Lightsteel Ingot to add the Stone of the Duelist to and fortify Dragon-Forged Scalemail.
Aeront
Aeront
Admin

Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:49 pm
Cloak of Steel Gales
(Refined)
+200 Max HP
+15% resistance to all elemental damage
+15% resistance to Earth damage
+15% resistance to physical damage
+Recover from all debuffs twice as fast
+Gain Float

A magical set of robes that embody the protective power of wind. They've also been physically reinforced, making them stronger and better able to shrug off physicl strikes. The wind magic within them lift you right off your feet!

Holy-Core Repeater Cannon
(Fused)
Power: 75
+3 Agility
+3 Faith
+2 Insight
-1 Spirit
+Whenever you expend Charged Magic Circuits, gain an additional +20 Power.
+Ignore up to 10% of enemy damage resistance
+50% of all damage dealt is Light element
+Every subsequent attack with this weapon on the same turn gains an additional +10 Power

A powerful arm-mounted laser cannon, crafted with equal parts advanced technology and holy artifacts. It excels at firing both charged mana blasts and rapid-fire laser volleys.

Light Up The Night
STAR ARM
(Fused)
+500 Max HP
+2 Strength
+2 Charisma
+1 Insight
-1 Agility
-1 Spirit
+40% Resistance to magic damage (80%)
+30% Resistance to physical damage (60%)
+Resisted damage is healed as HP (effectively doubles resistances)
+Gain Charged Magic Circuits every 2nd turn
+You may expend Charged Magic Circuits to swap two of your stats for the rest of the battle
-Unequipped if the user's Faith is 0 or less
-Unequipped if the user is Sleeping, Charmed, or Incapacitated

A suit of highly advanced technology, metallurgy, and sheer divine power which leaves darkness no place to hide. Covering one's entire body, its wearer becomes a beacon of light, shrugging off most forms of damage and drawing in power from the world to spin the armor's components, allowing rapid switching of capabilities. A long as this armor's wearer holds on to Faith, they shall bring Castle High's light.

Phantasmal Dragon's Cloak of Hope
(Fused)
+300 Max HP
+2 Charisma
+2 Agility
+25% resistance to all damage
+25% fire resistance
+25% electric resistance
+Gain +1 permanent physical defense at the end of every Battle (currently +2)
+Spectacularly failed attacks against you inflict Hopeless to the attacker
+Gain Float
+May remove Floating to gain Flying for two turns
+May remove Floating to gain Soaring for one turn

A cloak of silver scales with an attached flight pack, offering increased manueverability, strong defenses, and potent aerial agility. The sillhoutte of this intimidating armor is that of a wounded dragon, wings flush against its back as it makes one last stand.

Dragon Duelist Scalemail
+300 Max HP
+2 Agility
+1 Spirit
+15% resistance to physical damage
+25% resistance to all elemental damage
+Gain the skill 'Duelist's Rush' as long as this item is equipped
Duelist's Rush:

A set of scalemail armor forged in a newborn dragon's first flame. Embedded in the armor's chest is a worn stone of black and white, instilling its wearer with an ancient duelist's power.
Aeront
Aeront
Admin

Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:49 am
After their battle with the Dreadnought, some members of Castle High would find a curious surprise waiting for them in their dormitories. Bran and Arthur would each find a brightly colored cupcake, carefully cradled in parchment paper just next to their pillows.

Bran's cupcake featured swirls of many different colors of frosting, with more multi-colored sprinkles on top. The swirls collected in some areas, creating small forks of yellow lightning, orange tongues of flame, and whirling waves of water.

Arthur's cupcake, meanwhile, was dominated by a large frosting sword, its hilt made of red sprinkles and chocolates, "cutting" through its center. Multi-colored stripes of frosting and sprinkle were left in the sword's wake.

In front of both pastries was a note, featuring in large letters at its top:

"Congratulations!

"Hey, this is Russel! Candice passed on the news that you finished all the training she and I made up for you, which is awesome, well done! I know it's not much, but I wanted to bake you something tasty to celebrate your 'graduation' from training! (Scarlett did the decorating, and said she'd only help if I gave her credit). Considering all the training you've already done and that awesome Technique you came up with all on your own, I don't think there's much left we can assign you for training. But that just means you gotta push yourself even further: keep practicing and trying to one-up yourself! You're one of the finest fighters Castle High has, so thanks for everything, and keep improving!
-Russel

Milestones:
Aeront
Aeront
Admin

Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:58 pm
A Castle's Choice:
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum