None

View the whole list

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar

Go down
[VIOLET]
[VIOLET]

Hammond's Once in a Blue Moon Tavern and High Spirits Empty Hammond's Once in a Blue Moon Tavern and High Spirits

Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:45 pm
They say, at the western docks of Dios del Mar, if you turn into the rickety old Thirty First Avenue and go down until you pass the laundromat... take a left into the narrow alley no good fella has any business going down, and just follow your nose... Depending on how many times you've been around this hole in the wall, you'll either get a whiff of beer on the wind, the blood of a sucker passed out by the dumpster, or old Hammond's Midnight Special: gently pan-fried mahi mahi with a lemon and the best damn hush puppies you'll find on the coast. Fries or soup optional. The Captain reassures you it'll make your night, whether you're that poor sap by the dumpster or the guy who put him there.

Anyway, you could say that what you find down this road is a whole other world, and that world is all about the luck of the draw. In fact, you'd better go and check in with ol' Miserable Rich and see if he's got any Tokens to spare for you. It'll cost you a pretty penny, though-- I can't think of anyone who could afford more than 2 a night, but anything's better than trippin' over a pretty lady's foot while you're trying to have a good time.

Rules? That's hilarious. Yeah, just come right on in, pal. Take a seat, grab a drink and order a meal, and if someone looks at you funny, you'd better hold fast to your honor in the ring of battle! That's how we do it in Hammond's Once in a Blue Moon Tavern and High Spirits!

Impy, what's this?:

THE LADDER OF MERITS:

Registered Players:

Last edited by Impromptu on Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:23 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Registered Players changes.)
GM_3826
GM_3826

Hammond's Once in a Blue Moon Tavern and High Spirits Empty Re: Hammond's Once in a Blue Moon Tavern and High Spirits

Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:18 pm
I will be playing as Logan Beau.

Let's see where this goes.
Sharks
Sharks

Hammond's Once in a Blue Moon Tavern and High Spirits Empty Re: Hammond's Once in a Blue Moon Tavern and High Spirits

Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:52 pm
im gonna beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Dolores "Lola" Kinder
SugarJan
SugarJan

Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:02 am
For the first time in my entire life, I know exactly what to do here.

Erika Klagelied
Tempest
Tempest
https://www.project-siege.weebly.com

Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:04 am
"I don't hide anything up my sleeves. You'll see for yourself that I'll be sure to astound in any challenge. Poker, chess, sleight of hand, escape arts... all within my mastery. Of course, it would help if you all had a few beers before you watched me at work."

Felix "Cadaver" Martin has entered the Tavern
[VIOLET]
[VIOLET]

Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:02 pm
It's another lively evening at Hammond's-- the tables are filling up, dinner's coming out, and there's a beautiful figure crooning on the stage at the far back... Want to play pool? Cards? Or maybe you'd like to rough it up with some of the fellas out to the right of the dinner floor... If you can imagine it, it's here. Why don't you order a meal before you get started?

Reading Your Character Information:

Tonight's Menu:

Logan (GM) - Lv. 1 (Merit: 0/50) 500 M.
200/200 WP

Inventory: 2x Token of Success

Lola (Sharks) - Lv. 1 (Merit: 0/50) 500 M.
200/200 WP

Erika (Jan) - Lv. 1 (Merit: 0/50) 500 M.
200/200 WP

Cadaver (Temp) - Lv. 1 (Merit: 0/50) 500 M.
200/200 WP

Last edited by Impromptu on Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:39 pm; edited 7 times in total (Reason for editing : WAIT I WASN'T DONE)
GM_3826
GM_3826

Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:42 pm
"...I've had a long day." Logan says. "Get me a drink. And the Bounty of Cyclos, I guess." No idea what a "mahi mahi is, he thought.
SugarJan
SugarJan

Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:54 pm
A somewhat short yet buff looking woman sauntered over to the man ordering dinner. She wore a black leather jacket that was studded with small metal spikes on the shoulders, collar, and cuffs and a purple tank top underneath. Her jeans were faded and frayed, ripped at the bottom and at the knees. She smirked at him. "Hmmm... Long day, huh? I've certainly had a few of those myself." She seemed to ponder for a moment, rubbing the tattoo on her neck. "So, what's your name?" She took a seat near Logan, pulling an electric guitar that hung behind her around as she sat.
GM_3826
GM_3826

Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:12 pm
"Logan," he said. It was incredibly clear based on the tone of his voice and his expression that he did not want to talk right now at all. He wasn't even looking you into the eye. Rude.
SugarJan
SugarJan

Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:04 pm
"Erika." She whistled a brief tune before giving a small frown. "Pretty bland conversationalist aren'tcha? I mean you don't have to light up the room, but geez."
Tempest
Tempest

Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:51 pm
“Well, now isn’t this an establishment...” A slim-framed man slipped through the door, his outfit a complete mismatch: a down-stuffed jet-black coat, khaki jeans, flip-flops, and beige socks. The walking catastrophe of fashion eventually wandered over to a table, pulling the jacket off to show he was wearing a wine-red waistcoat and cream-colored bow tie underneath.

“You all seem to be a good audience for today,” he remarked, throwing his feet on top of the table and leaning back into his seat. He grabbed a menu and pointed out the pictures of the fried rice plate and two darkly colored beers to the waiters, then sat back and looked around the tavern. “I see there’s a few cards being dealt around; that’s good, that’s good! I like to entertain those who are familiar with what it is I’m doing.”

He reached into the inside of his coat and withdrew his own personal pack of cards and poker chips: The back of the cards covered in a pattern of monochromatic polygons in a mesmerizing dance, and the chips, despite likely being made by a cheap overseas manufacturing firm, felt much heavier once on the table due to their presence alone. “But are any of you feeling particularly courageous today?”

>Cadaver: Order Solalune’s Lucky Day Plate and two of the tavern’s strongest beers. Then lay out a deck of cards and a stack of poker chips in front of you, inviting anyone to play against you in a quick game of poker.
[VIOLET]
[VIOLET]

Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:32 pm
As you feel the night starting to roll, a lithe woman onstage in a gently sparkling evening gown begins to sing, the little band behind them following along. It sounds like nostalgia and new beginnings, sweet, simple and honest.

A young gentleman in a short-sleeved button up shirt passes by the table with your meals, setting them down gently out of the way of the game. If you looked up at him to smile or give him a nod of thanks, you'd find him a man with skin dark as coffee, black freckles splashed across his face like the mask of a bandit... Bright, almost electric blue eyes smile back at you, creases at their edges.

"There you go... Enjoy."

He returns to the kitchen to help bring out orders- his pace is lively, but there's a light franticness about it, as if he knows he's going to lose his table in the rising tide of patrons eventually.

Players                                                                   

Logan (GM) - Lv. 1 (Merit: 0/50) 470 M.
200/200 WP

• Second Wind - One time; hang on with 10 WP when damage reduces WP to 0.

200/200 WP

200/200 WP

Cadaver (Temp) - Lv. 1 (Merit: 0/50) 450 M.
200/200 WP

• Smile of the Sun - Increases a random roll by 5 only once.

Last edited by Impromptu on Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
GM_3826
GM_3826

Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:41 am
Logan: Punch Erika.
SugarJan
SugarJan

Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:39 pm
One second she was about to strum a melody on her guitar and the next she spotted movement out of the corner of her eye.

Stand up and kick the chair into Logan
Tempest
Tempest

Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:04 pm
"Oh? Well, someone's feisty... Hmmm. I'll choose him first."

>Cadaver: Draw the top two cards of your deck and flick them at high speeds, like ninja stars, right at Logan and Erika.

"Now, now, is that any way to act here? You'll scare off the patrons around you. Why don't both of you be coming over here and we'll be talking this over, what do you say? The correct answer's yes."
[VIOLET]
[VIOLET]

Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:11 pm
Logan, clearly not looking for conversation or commentary on his behavior, lashes out with his fist towards Erika -- but the rocker is no stranger to places like this: spotting movement in the corner of her eye, she tries to kick her chair into him before he can land a hit!

ATTACK| 13 vs 8 |DEFENSE

It's just a moment too late! The strike lands right as she gets up, and Erika staggers-- she still manages to keep her footing in spite of the annoyance, though. -10 WP!

Cadaver, on the other hand, isn't in the mood for nonsense: he draws two cards off of the top of his deck and... flings them like ninja stars at Logan and Erika?

MINIMUM SUCCESS| 10+(2) vs 14 |ACTION

It certainly looks cool-- the cards fly fast enough that their edges catch in Logan and Erika's relevant upper body clothing articles; if those were thin enough, it might have even stung.

There's a sense of... amusement, in the air, acknowledging the act; perhaps it will become more effective with time. +5.

"Hey," A cool voice calls from a nearby table-- not even five feet away sits a tired looking man with neatly cut, curly blonde hair, wearing a simple white t-shirt and jeans. "I'll play a quick one. My... 'companion''s probably not coming back from the bathroom for a while, by the looks of it."

He sneers, as if to make a remark in the general direction of the two swinging doors at the room's end-- but sighs, letting his head hang back.

Players                                                                     

Logan (GM) - Lv. 1 (Merit: 0/50) 470 M.
200/200 WP

200/200 WP

190/200 WP

Cadaver (Temp) - Lv. 1 (Merit: 5/50) 450 M.
200/200 WP

GM_3826
GM_3826

Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:38 pm
Logan is just as pissed as he was five seconds ago.

Logan: Take the chair that Erika threw at him and clobber her.
SugarJan
SugarJan

Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:26 pm
"Dude, what the hell is your problem?!"

Use Rock Lightning on Logan
[VIOLET]
[VIOLET]

Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:50 pm
Logan, still not showing any signs of relenting, picks up his chair and prepares to swing... but Erika grits her teeth and swings her guitar on, giving it a powerful strum to stop him in his tracks!

ATTACK| 3 vs 16 |ATTACK

Looks like these chairs are a little more unwieldy than he thought! The chair flies free of Logan's hands mid-swing and hits the gentleman at the other table square in the face! He doesn't look like he'll be picking any fights over it, but he does keel over clutching his face... just as another gentleman-- a smaller looking fellow in a battered aviator jacket-- walks out of the men's room, and freezes mid-whistle at the sight.

Meanwhile, it seems the Rock Goddess' presence lives close to this place! With the powerful chord comes a bolt of lightning, springing forth from the head of Erika's guitar! Luckily, here at Hammond's, we don't let our patrons get fried instantly by holy judgement from above-- but Logan does take a hefty hit and loses 25 WP!

Many patrons in the surrounding tables acknowledge the rocker woman summoning lightning from her guitar. +25 Merit; they also acknowledge someone just threw a chair at a certain fellow nearby, a few eyes among them widening. +10 Merit?

"Ow, ow..." The man who offered Cadaver a game earlier finally lifts his hand from his nose-- there's a bit of blood on it, but he seems fine, otherwise. Perhaps it has something to do with the soothing energy emanating from that same hand, but it doesn't seem to reach the other fellow marching in through the crowd towards him. Whether by the sheer momentum of his path or his presence, it seems to part like water around his path.

"Heeey, guys..."

He stops in front of his companion, facing the battlers with a sluggish turn... His grin- if it could even be called one- is brimming with violent intent.

"I'd uhhh... watch where ya throw your things." A wink, after which his grim shifts to more of a grimace-- his voice to more of a low hiss. "Wouldn't want, uh... any trouble, eh?"

He cracks his knuckles-- slowly-- as if you should know just exactly who he is before you proceed.

RANK 8 (200 Merit)

Flying Devil, Finn Isseli
is issuing a challenge!

"Wa-waiwait, honey, no, it's okay!" Finn's companion stumbles out of his chair, still a bit disoriented from being hit in the face-- "Come on, let's just move to another-"

"-I didn't survive the end of the universe just so I could watch you get hit by flying debris and let people get away with it, baby!"

RANK 10 (50 Merit)

Backstreet Doctor, Nix Winters
politely volunteers to decline for all parties involved!

RANK 8 (200 Merit)

Flying Devil, Finn Isseli
INSISTS ON LETTING THE NICE FELLAS ANSWER.

Merit Challenges:

Players                                                                     

Logan (GM) - Lv. 1 (Merit: 10/50) 470 M.
175/200 WP

200/200 WP

Erika (Jan) - Lv. 1 (Merit: 25/50) 500 M.
190/200 WP

200/200 WP

GM_3826
GM_3826

Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:15 pm
"I accept your challenge." Logan knows no fear, only pain.

Logan: Fire an arm cannon at Finn Isseli.
SugarJan
SugarJan

Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:39 pm
Erika seemed completely unfazed by Finn's expression instead grinning at the pilot. "We meet again, Isseli." Not one for too many pleasantries, the rocker simply drummed her fingers against her guitar for a moment. "Man, too much has gone on for me to have not had some whisky yet." A sigh. "I don't really see what you're yelling at me for, this joker was the one trying to hit me with a chair for no reason." She tilted her head far to the side in mock thought, placing a finger to her chin, smirking. "If I recall correctly, the last time I attacked you directly... I killed you."
[VIOLET]
[VIOLET]

Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:06 pm
Hammond's Once in a Blue Moon Tavern and High Spirits PEUGBdE

"--Wheeyyyy? Aaah, hey, Erika, it's you! Yeah, yeah, I can't help being the least magical of the bunch. But it's a different story when your little scuffles get my husband hurt, alright?! ...Not like I could tell who started it from thirty feet down... Still, glad you made it to the other siiIIII"

ATTACK| 11 vs 19 |DODGE

Finn sees Logan's attack coming right at the first twitch-- instinctively, he takes a nimble leap backwards, almost inhumanly light! A softly glowing creature appears on his shoulder-- some sort of... squirrel?

About to land on top of the table behind him, he instead springs off of it with one hand and twists to the side, in perfect position to retaliate!

"-other side, in the end." He smirked, the look of it a touch more like his lively old self- before pulling some leather gloves out of his pockets and slipping them on. "I'll buy us all a whiskey when I'm done with this, so let's catch up, huh? I'm pretty thirsty, myself..."

Finn - not before taking a random patron's drink from the table he landed by and taking a quick swig - pulls some sort of winged badge that had been pinned to the upper right sleeve of his jacket; a crimson jewel in its center flashes, generating a brief flash of flame that he locks into his fist... Not only does it send flame between his fingers as he comes in for a punch, it seems to be giving it extra momentum?!

Logan: Roll to DODGE!
kmj10
kmj10

Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:09 pm
"Aw man, is that chocolate cake I smell? It's been way too long since I had some decent chocolate cake... stupid adventure dragging me all the way out all the way to the coast, I don't even like seafood..."

An unimpressive-looking dude wearing jeans and a simple t-shirt wanders in through the front door, muttering to himself about... something? Weirdo. Reflexively ducking around Finn's acrobatic dodgery, he pulls up a chair to the table. "Lively place, huh? Name's Kurt, nice to meet you. So, is getting into brawls mandatory here, or...?"

"Look, I've been in some weird restaurants before, okay? Stupid Battle Buffet..."

>Kurt: Sit down and order the Miserable Rich's One and Only Delight with a glass of milk.
[VIOLET]
[VIOLET]

Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:16 pm
MEANWHILE...

Nix cracks a smirk at Kurt's comment from his table and rolls his eyes, taking a quick sip out of his glass. "Of course you don't have to. It's just that, more often than not, you'll end up in one anyway..."

He looks up at his partner-- still going at it-- and sighs. As the waiter from before dances around the scuffle with a plate of chocolate cake and a glass of milk balanced in his hands, Nix sticks his hand up in the air--

"There ya go, enjoy." the waiter sets both the glass and the plate of chilled chocolate cake, presented with a still-cold scoop of ice cream drizzled with fudge on the side, carefully down in front of Kurt; then on his way back out, he gives Nix's hand a hearty slap and a shake, almost tugging it.

"Hey, Mar, when's your shift over?" Nix asks, tilting his head over the back of his chair. "Trey says he's on his way-- we'll have a drink together."

"Hehh... I'm thinkin' of skipping the drinks around here at least. Thinkin' it's best I've got my head on straight while I'm here, if I want a chance at... you know. Maybe when I find her. I'll join y'all in an hour or somethin'."

"...what's that look for?" Mar arches an eyebrow, swinging his tray under his arm. As if to avoid him, Nix turns back around with a slow shrug and picks up his glass for another sip.

"...I'm just... thinking. We'll uh, help you again tonight, OK? I've got a good feeling about this one."

"Tch. Yeah, I can really hear the brimming confidence."

When the waiter finally walked out of earshot, Nix let his head drop all the way back, an exasperated sigh.

"Damn, when's that guy gonna give up..."

Players                                                                     

Logan (GM) - Lv. 1 (Merit: 10/50) 470 M.
175/200 WP

Erika (Jan) - Lv. 1 (Merit: 25/50) 500 M.
190/200 WP

200/200 WP

Kurt (Kmj) - Lv. 1 (Merit: 0/50) 450 M.
200/200 WP

• Temptations of Fortune - High-difficulty rolls have their minimum success decreased slightly.

GM_3826
GM_3826

Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:52 am
Logan: Grab a nearby stool and use it as a shield. Then, grab the badge he was using yourself and FALCON PUNCH!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum