May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar

Go down
Aeront
Aeront
Admin
https://terrafirma.forumotion.com

Battle 9: vs The Flying Fortress Lv. 21 Empty Battle 9: vs The Flying Fortress Lv. 21

Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:51 pm
Opening:

Last edited by Aeront on Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aeront
Aeront
Admin

Battle 9: vs The Flying Fortress Lv. 21 Empty Re: Battle 9: vs The Flying Fortress Lv. 21

Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:51 pm
Castle High Forces:

21000 / 21000 HP
Lv. 21 CASTLE HIGH

VS

Last edited by Aeront on Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:46 am; edited 2 times in total
Aeront
Aeront
Admin

Battle 9: vs The Flying Fortress Lv. 21 Empty Re: Battle 9: vs The Flying Fortress Lv. 21

Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:52 pm
21000 / 21000 HP
Lv. 21 THE FLYING FORTRESS

The Flying Fortress:

TURN 1 START!

Action Deadline: To Be Decided
GM_3826
GM_3826

Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:33 pm
The rant:
Bran wasn't much for words. He didn't seriously think he could convince a megalomaniac such as Azure of his follies. But, perhaps to make the stakes clear to himself and himself alone, he spoke.
"...You seriously think that people like us and them are your toys?" Bran suddenly shouts. "You seriously think you just twisted us around your little finger, like we were just flies on a web?" As Bran says this, he seems to glow as he pulses with magical energy.
"We are not your pawns. You gave us the tools to wage war and bloodshed. We used them to do good wherever possible. Do you seriously think it was part of your game that we spared as many lives as we could, sought to avoid destroying bastions of light wherever possible, and defied probability at every opportunity?"
"...No. Of course not. You seem to think that you're more than a tyrant. But even a tyrant is just one player in that grand colony called fate!" Bran starts to raise his wand as it gives off sparks. "Each man is an ant. Some ants might be king, while others are workers, but none rule! Only fools see themselves as ruling the colony, for if the workers did not work to construct the colony and help it grow, it would never become as tall and strong as it was! This colony is called history, and while it may end in disaster, the survivors will only prop the colony back up again! All it takes is a small number of ants, worker or king, and the king is the least powerful of them all, for he does nothing for himself. He stands back as the workers and warriors do everything! You may be powerful, but you are not God! You are no more than a king!" At this point, Bran put his wand down, as if he finished a grand crescendo.
"We'll show you we're not worthless peasants."
[VIOLET]
[VIOLET]

Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:35 pm
he rested at one knee by the gates, a hand already rested on his sword:

"Good Gods, you've pissed off Bran." Arthur sighed, kicking out his foot as he walked forward. As he passed by, the bespectacled mage might have caught a glimpse of a quick wink and a reassuring smile. "Now you're in for it... hmph."

He slowed for only a moment; while pressing his foot into the ground, he let his voice fall low to the ground.

"They're fast--if we're going to get a foothold in this, we're going to have to strike decisively before they have the time to prepare any more tricks. Granted, they're likely aiming for the same thing... so I imagine we'll have to upset this stalemate from underneath if we're not interested in that man's game. Play with their expectations, so to say... let that simmer for a bit, hm? That said, I have my own business to attend to..."

His gaze shifted to the boy standing across the battlefield from him--the one carrying a blade in each hand, one light, and one dark. Though most certainly a construct of magic (Arthur saw in his mind's eye not a hint of a flame) it was like looking at a work of art: in every contour and subtle movement, Arthur could sense not just formidable strength, but kind resolve.

Though he was only a fake, the legend of that boy could be none other than that of a true hero...

...yet he, too, carried a contradiction in his hands. Arthur couldn't say he expected to find such an opponent so close to the end.

The swordsman cracked a wicked grin and readied his blade at his side: "How kind of our host to send me such an interesting opponent! Mhahahahah... very well, I'll play just a bit. It's been a while since I've had any fun out here."

>Arthur: As Warrior, pray fervently, calling on the spirit of a kind friend to watch over himself and Regiment 1-31. In the face of anger, doubt, and fear, let the voice of that person--someone who will passionately believe in them regardless of how uncertain their past, present, or future may be--encourage them to focus on the outcome they wish for.

Prepare Focused Defender (Ranged) to defend Bran, and use Syzygy to redirect attacks aimed at Doc Morgan to Arthur.
Aeront
Aeront
Admin

Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:30 am
"Oh?" Azure smiled maliciously once more as Bran began his outburst. He tilted himself forward, still hovering in the air, his arms crossed, "Did I strike a nerve, boy?"

The mage seemed only further amused as Bran' continued. "Actually, I think that's exactly the sort of thing a pawn would say. Eyes glued to the mud and dirt, so concerned with saving lives or property that they are blind to the machinations of the heavens."

But as Bran's speech continued, Azure's toying expression began to fade and contort. He seemed particularly repulsed each time the younger mage compared him to an 'ant', and annoyed by his fixation with history. After the mage's final crescendo, Azure spat, "enough! Cease your meaningless drivel, you unwashed miscreant!"

He raised a hand, and a massive tendril of blue mana shattered through the clouds, directly from the constellations above, into his open palm. "History is meaningless! You carry the same tired, ignorant ideals as the rotting corpses of the De-Zum-Ri! History is not but a tool--no, a foothold, for the ascension of the worthy!" He turns his gaze skyward, "the weak turn to history for hope and comfort, while the worthy tear through it for power. The knowledge of a thousand lifetimes is hidden in the invisible lines of the stars, and you would care more for preserving it than using it!"

His eyes level themselves back upon Bran, containing a hatred as vast and cold as the infinity of space, "but you carry one truth, boy. So long as there remain those who remember, resistance will rise again. Such inevitability is plain in the machinations of my future self." He raised his other hand, and the tendril of pure magic twisted toward it, coalescing around his body! " I am only not a god yet, boy. And once I ascend to become Grandmaster, a controller of all that reality holds, I shall wipe every datum of you, Castle Low, and Rosalia itself from history. Not a living soul will know your names, and not a single stone shall have inscribed your works."

He raised himself on high, arcing arcana backlighting his ghostly form! "Before the day dawns, I shall achieve my destiny! And upon my ascension, I shall see that the stars no longer hold a constellation of your story, or of any story except my own! The entirety of the heavens, every star in the sky, shall be made a tapestry of my splendor, a symbol of my omnipotent domination! When those few I spare gaze skyward, they shall realize their own insignificance and grovel. Grovel... before their true master."
GM_3826
GM_3826

Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:52 am
Bran scoffed. This was exactly the response he expected.
A man who thinks his place in the cosmos is greater than that of any other... Bran thought. Someone needs to put him in his place. At that one last thought, he shifted gears.
Bran took a moment to calm down as he sized up the rival Azure conjured, much as Arthur did.
Certainly a very skilled mage. Looking at his abilities, it wouldn't be an exaggeration to call him my rival, although the magic he uses us very different. The thing that sticks out to me is that he seems to be a scholar much as I am... I wonder how much he knows. Bran thought.
...Back to the matter at hand. I'm going to need a lot of energy to do what I'm planning... and a lot of help.
Bran: Begin charging up magical energy, and analyze the spell Azure used to summon the phantoms using the free action granted by the True Vision Spectacles. How is Azure capable of doing this, how does the spell work, and what are its limitations?
Vision of the Historian: Target Azure, revealing his capabilities with or without the assistance of the Emerald Lens.
Claris
Claris

Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:58 am
Stepping forward, I smirk beneath my helmet.

"Hello, Azure...so nice to see you're the same as you ever will be."

Reaching up to remove it temporarily, and then holding it under my arm, I turn my gaze upwards.

"The Heavens, you say...I've been there, you know. In more than one sense. It's...cold, out there. And lonely. You walk without friends by your side, and you suffer."

My smirk turns to a slight frown.

"But I found friends. At my darkest days, we fought your forces, and I found friends who cared about me, and kept me alive. I killed a horse, too, you know - one punch, right to the flank! Its knight wasn't too happy, though."

My eyes glaze a little as I reminisce, but then I shake my head, turning back to face Azure dead on, striding forward a few paces.

"This Nurturing Healer - you think she cheats death? That is only because you are the one who set death nipping at her footsteps. You feel cheated because, across the span of time, you feel the resounding drumbeat of your failure."

I stop, and look directly in to his eyes from where I stand now.

"These legends you speak of - is it not true that, were they truly so great, then you would treat them to the same threats as us? That you would wipe them from history, as the god you say you will become."

I laugh a little, the sound resounding as I put back on my helmet.

"Azure. Whether you defeat us here or not, you are destined to lose. If not to us, here, now, then I will ensure in my past that my friends and I tear you from your false pedestal of godhood and stomp you in to the underworld, where you belong."

Raising the Radiant Banner of Castle High up in to the air, I shout-

"CASTLE HIGH! REGIMENT 1-31! WE'VE GOT THIS! STEEL YOURSELVES, BRACE FOR THE ASSAULT, AND HIT THEM WITH ALL YOU'VE GOT!"

Severa: Unleash a rallying cry empowered with magic to raise the attack or defense of all units slightly, based on actions taken.
Mirkwood
Mirkwood

Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:01 pm
So, this was it. The Flying Fortress, and Azure. He was incredibly powerful, for a single mage… To be able to summon so many phantom soldiers was impressive, to be sure. The phantoms themselves were impressive as well. Legends from the future, he said. It was interesting, that she could almost feel the storied history of these figures. Speaking of which… That Tactician… He looked… familiar. The green cape and shirt, and even the face was familiar. Where could she have seen him? Ah, back when she was just a guard, this man had showed up at the manor every so often! And there were times that he was inside the manor talking to Lord DeVonn without her ever noticing him enter. With Doctor Morgan, and Severa, apparently, already knowing Azure from the future, time travel was certainly a much more common possibility than she would have expected. But why would he travel to a small manor, having conversations with a noble, discussing tales and myths? Why wouldn’t he be here? If he were such a legend as well as a time traveler, who could come back to around this time, why wouldn’t he have tried to do something about this? At least Doctor Morgan and Severa are here in the battle for the fate of possibly the entire world. Well, it was no use thinking about it now, she supposed. The battle was on. Oh, right the electric fence.

Attack the electric fence, since it would interrupt the attack on an actual enemy anyway. Prepare Dragoon’s Leap targeting the Phantom of the Shrewd Technician, as he might want to take advantage of the victim of his electric trap, and might attack multiple targets.
Aquinas
Aquinas

Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:02 pm
Every word he had wanted to say to Azure was now utterly pointless. Doc couldn't form a single syllable as he stared into the eyes of the Electrician.

He's won again. Won already. We're all fated to lose.

Just like last time.

Wave EX-2:

Doc was only vaguely aware of his legs moving, his hands reaching into his pack, shaking fingers applying gauze to a wound that was bleeding all over h

Why are you here?:

Why was it so difficult to move his hands, he had sewn up wounds a thousand times befor

You haven't earned your place here:

Doc screamed at his patient to stop talking as he struggled to close the gaping hole in his own chest. No, their che

Get out get out get out get out:

He took a swig of the medicinal alcohol, it tasted awfu

If you don't get out now they're all going to know what you did:

His eyes were open, why couldn't he

It's always been his fault:

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

SugarJan
SugarJan

Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:45 pm
Play an empowering melody to boost the power of Severa's rallying cry
Aeront
Aeront
Admin

Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:39 pm
TURN 1

As Arthur makes his silent prayer, his armor, sword and body glow a pale white light! He readies his blade, and he and the rest of Regiment 1-31 feel that something is different. The change doesn't feel magical, or even that out of the ordinary: it's simply as if they are entirely present, every sensation and part of themselves at their peak! The more distracted or distressed members of Castle High would find something a bit extra, as well: in their spiraling thoughts, they would find a foothold, some part of themselves that could manage to raise its head and fight on!

And Arthur, in particular, may feel something else. A familiar presence surrounding him, imperceptible but present.

All allies gain Landon's Grace, giving them immunity to mental and provocation statuses for 3 turns!

He then prepares Focused Defender for Bran before activating Syzygy--an imposing aura surrounds the swordsman, drawing attention away from Doc Morgan!

Arthur is fatigued from his efforts... (-1 Adv)

Phantom of the Wandering Swordsman casts a look upon Arthur for a moment, seeming to size him up... before his shoulders 'shrug.' A scoff, maybe? He points his sword of darkness directly at Arthur, raising his chin! He challenges him to an Honor Duel: if Arthur accepts, they will be unable to target any allies or enemies for two turns except each other! If he refuses, the Swordsman will gain a free Advantage and a 30% Power increase!

Not even waiting for a reply, the Swordsman leaps into action, becoming a streaming blur of light and shadow as he circles Arthur, a half-dozen afterimages making the exact position of the boy uncertain! Suddenly, three afterimages seem to strike simultaneously, in a blur of Agility too fast to react! Arthur raises his defenses to two, but the last throws himself between his legs and lands a dual slash to his back! Arthur's armor absorbs much of the blow, but the radiating attack still deals 359 damage!

The Swordsman is fatigued from his attack... (-1 Adv)

Bran, despite already possessing charged mana, continues to draw in magical energy! The scattered grass of Castle High's courtyard spirals around him as pure magic courses through his body: he gains Overloading Magic Circuits, substantially empowering his next magical action!

He then utilizes his True Sight Spectacles, allowing him a free examination! He investigates how Azure's phantom-summoning spell works, the enchantment in his glasses gleaning truth from mystery...

One detail becomes incredibly apparent: this spell is only possible due to the current state of the world... no, of the sky. The otherworldly, arcane energy that have collected around the forming constellation overhead... but what exactly is it that's happening? Bran presses into that mystery for just a moment, directing his eyes to the dark purple sky above. He's immediately assaulted by an overwhelming amount of indiscernible information: infinite, spiraling cosmos of histories and time, endlessly deep branches of an impossibly large tree of stories, a titanic castle through which all else passes--endless, shifting metaphors for a collection of worlds so great, yet all the same, all interlinked and created by one another, some stronger than others and developing non-chronologically, dots and lines likes constellations creating the very--

His body flinches and blinks as an explosion rocks the earth somewhere far behind him, returning his mind to the present. He's unsure how long he'd been staring.

Regardless, it seems the creation of Castle High's constellation has opened some sort of celestial 'rift' to... whatever all that is. Azure's celestial magic is based on weaponizing stories and memories through stars--it seems likely he developed that power set for exactly this occasion, giving him the unique ability to weaponize stories from within that 'rift', from another time. You doubt you or any other mage would be able to replicate the feat.

Still, even if with his obvious power, not even Azure can fully control and wield such abstract, powerful beings. Despite his grand words, you suspect that proper prodding or interrupting of the spell could lead to consequences he wouldn't intend. The most obvious means of disruption would be to attack the entities, but perhaps other methods exist of loosening Azure's grip...

Severa raises her voice in defiance to Azure! Her words that he is destined to lose, in particular, earn her a cold glare.

"Ignorant pawn, you know nothing of fate." His words leak malice from every syllable, slow and methodical. "I alone understand destiny's fickle hand, and you should understand this: the moment you think you've defeated me is the moment my triumph is complete."

Erika adds her musical power to Severa's rallying cry, creating a melodious, uplifting sound! All allies are reminded of the cause they fight for and the strength of those around them! They gain Morale of Castle High, increasing their Resistance to all damage by 10% and their Power by 10%!

Nathalia, putting her thoughts aside, leaps at the electric fence, striking it down! As soon as her spear hits the fence, a painful current of electricity surges down her spear--but her knowledge of the fence's effects, combined with the power-absorbing abilities of her spear, allow her to avoid taking any damage! Despite this, she still feels her joints and arms lock up, causing her to fall on her knees, Paralyzed! Her Strength and Agility are halved, and she can only take one action next turn! Phantom of the Shrewd Electrician tosses finger guns at her, and obvious pantomime of 'Gotcha!' Despite this, she--

Suddenly, Phantom of the Shrewd Electrician appears just out of the left corner of Nathalia's eye! Before she can entirely comprehend him, he gives her a salute before firing a beam revolver blast straight at her temple! Despite her paralyzed state, she ducks quickly to dodge, pulling herself out of the attack's path, but the Electrician's Sharpshooter Ability causes the beam to bounce off a wall, the Paladin's shield, the broken Emerald Lens, and then finally blast her in the other temple! She takes 281 damage, catching herself from falling as the Electrician takes a slow look at Nathalia, up and down... before catching her eye and giving a flirtatious wink.

Getting her head back together, the dragoon prepares Dragoon's Leap... but it's already too late! Before she could prepare the Technique, the Electrician's Twin Time Gears allowed him to attack! Dealing with a time traveler seems complicated...

Doc Morgan appears to be in a daze, his fingers twitching nervously, seemingly independent of his frazzled mind...

The flames around Vince ignite a hair brighter as he burns 100 HP, a dark, terrifying energy beginning to surround him! He gains +1 EA as he unfurls the calamitous power of Mutual Destruction, a demonic power glowering all around him! Despite his intimidating aura, Phantom of the Extrospective Bodyguard simply cracks his knuckles, bouncing on the balls of his feet as he prepares to meet the attack!

Tendrils of searing, demonic flames lash out, a dozen tongues of dark purple fire closing in and around the Bodyguard! The Bodyguard throws out a series of lightning-fast punches, leaving burning trails in their wake, as he knocks away several of the tendrils! While holding off the frontal assault, however, three more intertwined lashes knock him off his feet from the side, then toss him aside! Dark flames engulf the bodyguard as he's cratered against the wall of Castle High! His resistance to fire damage helped hold off the heat, but he still receives 313 damage and is inflicted by Hellfire!

Before the dust even settles, however, a bright energy glimmers in the Phantom of the Extrospective Bodyguard's eyes as his Ability Fisticuffs activates! With a surprising burst of speed, he closes the distance to Vince in two strides and places a gauntlet to his chest! He throws a one-inch punch, rocketing a fiery fist into Vince's ribs before hopping back, raising his gauntlets again! Vince recieves 204 damage!

Scarlett stalks her way around the battlefield, her lithe silhouette blending in with the hazy shadows of the battlefield. Avoiding detection, she zeroes her attention in on Phantom of the Guardian Paladin, examining the Paladin for weaknesses. She notes that his armor doesn't extend fully around his body, a series of half-formed, nebula-like straps and shapes lying upon his back! The Paladin's Exposed Back has been revealed! Any attacks on this location will ignore 30% of damage resistance!

Deciding to take advantage, she sneaks toward him, a dark red syringe ready... and leaps out of the way as he tries to backhand her with his shield! Smirking, she uses the shield to vault over his head, throwing the needle directly into the small of his back! Though unflinching, the Paladin takes 319 damage and is inflicted by Burning (Unremovable) thanks to her Burning Blood Poison! He will take 100 damage every turn and cannot remove the status!

Scarlett is fatigued from her efforts... (-1 Adv)

Corbin zeroes in on Phantom of the Flaming Tactician, drawing a bead...!

...And lands a direct hit, in large part due to his body being at its peak! The Tactician takes 188 damage and is Weakened, reducing his Power by 25%! Corbin gains a grand total of 3 Castle Charges!

Azure begins by dropping his head, dark, twisting shadows of mana and magic surging around him! The raw magical power condenses itself into an impossibly bright point directly in front of him, a conflux of intense arcane might! He flicks the event horizon with a finger, creating a snap audible from everywhere on the battlefield. Time seems to stand still for just a moment, every eye once more drawn to him... before being nearly blinded, as a thick beam of magical destruction collides with Castle High! You expect an explosion or tremor... but instead, all you see are the stones and bricks of the castle turned to dust in an instant by the pale blue magic! Azure's Arcane Annihilation has reduced half of the Reconnaissance Division Headquarters to rubble, dealing 2343 damage to Castle High!!

Azure then raises a hand, mana charging and coursing across his palm and around his body! He gains Charged Magic Circuits! "The sheer might of my arcane power shall soon be made apparent, vulgar things."

Phantom of the Guardian Paladin's Mass Provoke activates, randomly targeting Bran... but Landon's Grace stops the provocation from working!

Phantom of the Guardian Paladin, unable to attack due to Peaceful, instead shifts position, his massive form blocking Phantom of the Nurturing Healer! The first attack aimed at her next turn will hit the Paladin instead!

Phantom of the Nurturing Healer raises a hand high into the air, a shimmering, shifting piece of blue fabric flying skyward! She activates Mana Transfer, the fabric floating over to and encircling Phantom of the Extrospective Bodyguard! As it spirals around him and glimmers into nothing, he gains Overcharged Magic Circuits!!

Phantom of the Nurturing Healer then brings her hands together, bowing her head solemnly as she casts Archangel! An ethereal, azure light surrounds Phantom of the Shrewd Electrician, forming a shimmering, translucent barrier! He is immune to negative status effects for two turns, and gains a barrier with 400 HP!

Phantom of the Extrospective Bodyguard slams his fists together, pumped up! He punches the ground, throwing himself skyward with a plume of flame, as he rockets toward Castle High's eastern wall! He lands in a roll and begins pulling back a fist, powerful flames building up as he uses his Overcharged Magic Circuits to execute an Eruption Uppercut! With an explosion, he's sent spiraling through the castle wall!

CRITICAL HIT!! The attack leaves behind a trail of flames and destruction as his overcharged flames melt through the castle's stones, destroying training rooms and storage areas!! Castle High takes 1456 damage and is inflicted with three stacks of Burning!

Phantom of the Extrospective Bodyguard then spins around, launching another flurry of fiery blows at Doc Morgan--!

But suddenly finds Arthur in his way thanks to Syzygy! The attack is aimed at him instead! Though strong, the Phantom's fists aren't quite enough to overwhelm Arthur's own strength, only managing to deal 251 damage, but still inflicting Burning!

The Bodyguard is fatigued from his efforts... (-1 Adv)

Phantom of the Flaming Tactician's Pattern Recognition activates! He targets Erika's Song of Peace and Vince's Aerial Evasion! Both Techniques will lose 50% effectiveness for the battle's remainder!

Phantom of the Flaming Tactician then pulls back his arm and unleashes a spinning attack from his Flaming Cross Boomerang, targeting Nathalia and Severa! Nathalia manages to leap out of the way, managing to only be scraped for 112 damage, while Severa simply tanks the attack, taking 233 damage! Both, however, are now Burning, causing them to take damage every turn!

Phantom of the Tranquil Conductor selects Magical, Bran for his Mirror Baton's redirection effect! This turn, all Magical attacks that would hit him are redirected to Bran instead!

Phantom of the Tranquil Conductor then waves his baton before his eyes, the pale blue light of them becoming a menacing, crimson red. He targets Severa and Nathalia, inflicting both of them with Crimson Despair! They will take double damage from all attacks until next turn, and all attacks aimed at them will hit!!

The Conductor is fatigued from his efforts... (-1 Adv)

Phantom of the Knowledgeable Wizard's Glyph Creation activates! He chooses Light, granting him 50% Resistance to the element and an extra 25% Power when using Light-based attacks!

He immediately puts the new element to use by attacking Nathalia, Sunset Divider at the ready! She prepares to intercept the attack, but the effects of the Crimson Glare have already begun to take hold, causing her arm to seize before the blow can be stopped! The Wizard makes a deep slash from her hip to her clavicle, leaving behind painful trails of light as she takes 838 damage!

Doc Morgan seems to act subconsciously, applying first aid to Nathalia's most recent wound! His fingers deftly cut and stitch her up with bandages, healing her for 499 HP and reducing her Paralyzed status to Shocked, only resulting in a loss in Strength and Agility!

Castle High fires an arcane volley on the Flying Fortress... but its Astral Barrier completely nullifies the attack, leaving no trace!

Conquering Champion grants all allies an additional Advantage!

Vision of the Historian zeroes in on Azure, seeking to understand his capabilities: all of Azure's Abilities have been revealed!

Last edited by Aeront on Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Aeront
Aeront
Admin

Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:40 pm
Castle and Commanders:

Last edited by Aeront on Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Aeront
Aeront
Admin

Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:41 pm
Castle High Forces:

16901 / 21000 HP
Lv. 21 CASTLE HIGH

VS

Last edited by Aeront on Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Aeront
Aeront
Admin

Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:41 pm
????? / ????? HP
Lv. ?? THE FLYING FORTRESS

The Flying Fortress:

TURN 2 START!

Action Deadline: 8/14/20

Last edited by Aeront on Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
GM_3826
GM_3826

Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:51 am
...So Azure's hold over these phantoms was weaker than he claimed it was.

That's good. Azure was right that the moment they thought they had it was the moment they lost, but he should really follow his own advice. It's anyone's game right now, and Bran was about to roll the dice.

Let's see how this goes.

Bran: Use Arcane Negation, negating the spell that conjured the phantoms.

Vision of the Historian: Target Azure. What Techniques does he know?
[VIOLET]
[VIOLET]

Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:23 pm
Already...:

"Very well... To the end, then. I'll follow you."

>Arthur: As Warrior, accept the Wandering Swordsman's challenge. Prepare Focused Defender (Ranged). Though you aren't as fast as him, you can still keep him in your sight--so be his mirror. Face him, and raise your sword in sync with him... Breathe as one--strike as one--to cancel him out. One attack is one defense--don't think of it conventionally, or you'll get stuck again.

In short: while keeping footwork to the bare minimum, mirror the Wandering Swordsman's movements as closely as possible to attack his weapon at the same time he begins to strike--aiming to stop it before he can complete an attack (or otherwise strike while he is physically unable to do anything else).

If this reckless plan succeeded, Arthur would lock a firm gaze with his opponent... He wondered to what extent these figures were warriors--if they had the capacity to understand moments like these, where with the kind warmth in his eyes alone, Arthur told him he was going to dispassionately crush the phantom's hopes of victory under his heel.
Claris
Claris

Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:53 pm
Severa: cast Guidance on Vince[1]
Severa: expend Charged Magic Circuits to charge the Holy Core Repeater Cannon, pulling in as many negative status effects as possible - targeting myself first[2]
Mirkwood
Mirkwood

Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:12 pm
placeholder description just to make sure I get the action in, I'll edit later:

Flurry of Bloodlust on Phantom of the Tactician, then go for a strike on his throwing arm.
SugarJan
SugarJan

Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:17 pm
Play a song to heal Arthur and Nathalia of their statuses. Then use Dragon's Lament on Phantom of the Flaming Tactician.
Aquinas
Aquinas

Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:30 am
"I'm sorry," Eliot murmured as the Extrospective Bodyguard came flying towards him, ready to wipe him off the map. He barely registered Arthur's interception.

Flint:

"I'm so sorry," Eliot lamented as the Flaming Tactician let his boomerang blaze a fiery trail through the misty air.

Mirk:

"I failed you," Eliot admitted as the Guardian Paladin cared for his companions. Just as expected.

Aeront:

"I never deserved to be one of you," Eliot confessed to the Nurturing Healer, as she burned with justified fury at his betrayal.

Impromptu:

"I miss you guys," Eliot croaked as the Tranquil Conductor turned the beat of clashing swords into a deadly, lovely concerto.

Sam:

"I'm sorry!" Eliot shouted at the Knowledgeable Wizard, as he cycled through a rainbow span of elemental runes.

Hobbes:

"I'm sorry." Eliot said softly to the Wandering Swordsman, as he watched him prepare a technique he knew well. Despite everything, he felt the cool touch of nostalgia on the tip of his spine. It disgusted him.

Meta:

Eliot said nothing to the Shrewd Electrician. He couldn't bear to look at him. All he could do was force himself to move, force himself to heal. His apologies were nothing but air.

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Aeront
Aeront
Admin

Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:05 pm
TURN 2

Azure watches with fleeting interest as Bran surges with overloading mana and arcane power! "Hmph. Do you fancy yourself an archmage, boy? Do you even know who to use so much power?"

Almost in response, Bran finishes preparing his spell: the mana concentrates into a number of slowly whirling arcane spheres, which zoom out across the battlefield! Then, simultaneously, they each blink, sending out ripples of light blue, shining magic!

Despite the light show, there's no immediate effect...

"Rrgh-! What have you--!" Azure growls, form tensing as he fights some invisible resistance! All around the battlefield, the Phantoms seem to waver in form. The pale blue of their eyes flicker into different, unique shades--deep violet, verdant green, stark white, dark brown--as their shadowy forms begin to shift in color and lighting!

From the edge of the group, Phantom of the Knowledgeable Wizard flickers especially violently, a smug, mischievous smile crossing his face as he catches Bran's eyes, mustering a single, short nod of approval. With a sudden move, the phantom turns on his heel, raising Sunsetter toward Azure--

--before looking down at his chest, finding an azure constellation growing brighter, brighter! The Wizard leans toward his left, pressing a hand to the spot, before his physical form fades! Phantom of the Knowledgeable Wizard takes 1300 damage, immediately defeating him! The glowing constellation, the phantom's only remains, dissolves a moment later, mana returning to the atmosphere.

In other parts of the battlefield, you see something similar occurring, other phantoms disappearing! It seems Bran's Arcane Negation weakened Azure's grip on the legendary heroes! Besides forcing the mage to dismiss some of his phantoms, all remaining phantoms lose 1 in all stats!

The Astral Barrier around the Flying Fortress weakens! Instead of being immune to damage, it will now redirect all damage it would take to a Phantom instead!

Bran feels something odd... although the Wizard is gone, something about the future-hero remains in his thoughts. His mind feels sharper, the weaving transfers of mana between different elements and forms of energy seeming all too clear. Bran gains The Wizard's Insight: at the beginning of every turn, he may choose an element, and all attacks of that element will gain a 20% Power boost!

Erika draws her fingers close to her double-guitar as she nails out an electric riff! As her foot taps and them stomps the beat, pulsing purple electricity collects at the end of her instrument, before flaring out toward Arthur and Nathalia! Arthur is cured of his Burning status by the melodious magic, while Nathalia is cured of Burning and Shocked! Her Crimson Despair status is harder to remove, but Erika's magic at least reduces the multiplier for damage against her from 2x to 1.5x!

Erika then plays in long, sweeping motions, a draconic lament filling the air! Phantom of the Flaming Tactician buckles as metal chains reach up from the ground, winding around his legs! He's now Draconic Bound, unable to avoid attacks or use Faith/Spirit based actions!

Erika is fatigued from her efforts... (-1 Adv)

Arthur accepts the Honor Duel! As the two swordsman approach each other, a tessellating barrier appears, sectioning them off from the rest of the battlefield! For long seconds, they watch each other, neither taking the first move...

Nathalia charges Phantom of the Flaming Tactician, who cannot avoid the attack thanks to Draconic Binding! With surging ferocity, she uses a Flurry of Bloodlust, unleashing a torrent of strikes, dealing 414 damage, reducing his Resistance by 5%, and inflicting Focused (Nathalia), forcing the tactician's focus toward herself! She regains 104 HP thanks to the life-sucking effects of her spear!

Nathalia follows up by swinging the end of her spear around for the Tactician's arm--he tries to maneuver his cross boomerang to intercept, but finds his grip halted once more by the draconic chains! Nathalia slams her weapon into his elbow, nearly forcing the Tactician to drop his weapon! Though he manages to retain it, he takes 306 damage, loses another 5% Resistance, and gains Damaged Arm, removing his ability to attack multiple targets per attack!

Nathalia is fatigued from her efforts... (-1 Adv)

Disappearing into the growing hellstorm around him, Vince sacrifices 500 HP, granting him +50 Power! The twisting amethyst-and-green flames leave long gouges and black burns across his form as he explodes with fiery, demonic power! The grass and stones around Vince turn to ash, leaving a literal trail of destruction in his wake! Phantom of the Extrospective Bodyguard simply cracks his knuckles, bouncing on his feet as he prepares to intercept the attack!

With a snap, Mutual Destruction springs to life, the hateful fire whirling around it and to the ends of its barbed lashes! The Bodyguard throws out an uppercut to knock one aside, but can't do much about the other six which smash into him! The lashes wind and wrap themselves around, lift him skyward, and slam him into the grassy field of Castle High's courtyard, sending out a shockwave of darkness and flame! They then pick him back up and slam again, again, and again, the impacts hard enough to cause tremors! Finally, the flail hurls him into the smoldering crater it's created, having dealt a painful 980 damage and inflicting another stack of Hellfire!

The Bodyguard is barely hanging on, holding an arm limply, yet still he stands back up! Phantom of the Extrospective Bodyguard's Fisticuffs activates, allowing him a counter-attack! He kicks off the side of the crater, twisting through the air and slamming Vince with his good arm, knocking the burning man over and dealing 213 damage!

Pulling himself back to his feet, Vince then activates Aerial Evasion, using Mutual Destruction's lashes as legs to suspend himself in the air! He's ready to avoid any attacks aimed at him this turn!

Severa bows her head and asks her ally be bestowed with divine Guidance! As she finishes her prayer, Vince feels a stirring in his mind, as if he's able to see what comes just before it truly does! The first instance of damage he would be dealt will be ignored!

Severa then further focuses her charged magical power, pulling in energy through her Holy-Core Repeater Cannon! She imbues it with healing, nurturing intention, and the weapon begins to suck in not mana, but negative effects! Her Burning status is quickly whisked away, and like Nathalia, the multiplier for damage against her is lowered to x1.5! The energy continues to draw in all it can, managing to remove the last of the Crimson Despair status from Nathalia--she's no longer afflicted! Severa loses Charged Magic Circuits and gains Charged Negative Arcana! Her holy cannon is filled to the brim with painful, festering magic, waiting to be unloaded on someone!

Severa is fatigued from her efforts... (-1 Adv)

Doc Morgan, though still mentally absent, turns his attention toward Vince, once more retrieving his first-aid supplies! With an expert's precision, he applies ointment and gauze to Vince's growing, fiery injuries, healing him for 587 HP!

Scarlett seizes the opportunity Vince has created, zeroing in on Phantom of the Extrospective Bodyguard! She closely examines him and notices that his hat and mask leave him with an exposed blindspot and gap in his armor: the side of his neck! She notes his Weak Spot: Exposed Neck, allowing her to avoid 35% of the warrior's damage resistance and guaranteeing her attack lands!

Not sparing a moment, she takes a fistful of syringes and closes the distance! Moving in from his blindspot, the Bodyguard doesn't realize Scarlett's presence until she's already deposited four vials into his neck! After a moment, they burst, shards of glass and red solution embedding themselves in the warrior for 475 damage!

Phantom of the Extrospective Bodyguard's eyes blink out, his body going limp from the damage it's sustained. Smirking, Scarlett dusts off a shoulder, turning back toward the battle--

--And barely manages to duck in time to avoid the Bodyguard's Fisticuffs counterattack, thanks to her Agile Warrior Ability! She whirls back on the warrior, retrieving another two vials... but then, sees him fall to his knees, defeated!

"Talk about fighting to the last..." she breathes in surprise, rubbing her wrist.

Frowning slightly deeper, Azure makes a gesture toward the downed warrior, and just like before, the constellation in his chest glows brighter, brighter, his form disappearing, before itself blinking away, leaving no trace.

Phantom of the Extrospective Bodyguard is defeated! Scarlett gains +1 Advantage for his defeat! She pumps a fist, "hell yeah! Nice tag team, Vince! These assholes bleed after all!"

Vince still feels some part of the Bodyguard, even though he's gone. Perhaps some sort of kinship... or maybe, regret for having not seen him in his true form. That regret and kinship stirs up the heat in his body, granting him The Bodyguard's Moxie! Whenever attacked, he'll counter-attack at half Power!

The Astral Barrier around the Flying Fortress weakens once again! Finally, the shimmering veil is raised enough to see the castle... which... looks incredibly familiar. Somehow, it seems to be an exact match to Castle High! With the barrier down, the castle can be attacked, though without the usual Power boost castle attacks normally have. However, it doesn't seem all that structurally sound, with only 6000 HP!

Scarlett is fatigued from her efforts... (-1 Adv)

Corbin seems to be biding his time as he gains Charged Magic Circuits. "Just you wait and see what this marksman does when the perfect shot is lined up..."

Then, something rather unexpected happens: Giada charges through the courtyard in battle-damaged armor! You particularly note several burn marks and arrow shafts sticking out of her mechanical suit, though she doesn't seem too much worse for wear.

"Wh... Giada?" Scarlett blinks, dumbfounded. "How the... what're you doing here!? You're supposed to be guarding the eastern flank!"

"East flank's secure," the engineer quickly responds, scanning the remaining combatants. "We were starting to grab an advantage when a good third of the enemies just blinked out of existence. I left some good soldiers and solid defenses there and came here for support. There's still some--" she starts, before raising a shielded arm to the sky, blocking a storm of arrows! She sighs, "--still, some bare-chested archer pinning me down, but I'll try to help out as I can."

Regiment 1-31 gains Assist (Giada)! Though she can't quite participate as a full combatant, at some helpful point in the battle, she'll step in to assist!

Azure utilizes his Charged Magic Circuits, mana forming into a massive number of arcane projectiles, near enough to blot out the sky. Then, all at once, each and every projectile hurls itself at you, the Regiment, the rest of the Castle's army, and all of Castle High as Azure casts Arcane Annihilation!

Bran manages to raise a magical barrier just before the attack strikes, managing to only take 114 damage, while Vince weaves his way around the assault, leaping aside to avoid any damage! The rest of Regiment 1-31 is unable to mount a defense in time: Doc Morgan takes 325, Erika takes 283[b], [b]Nathalia takes 301, Severa takes 330, Scarlett takes 365, Corbin takes 295, and Castle High's walls and towers are blasted apart for 950 damage!

Phantom of the Wandering Swordsman continues circling Arthur, azure eyes meeting red.
Battle of Bladesmen-1:

Once again, Phantom of the Guardian Paladin's Mass Provoke has no effect!

He charges Scarlett, who takes two quick steps back to try and escape the range of his shield. Yet while she's well outside of his reach, the Paladin throws a hard shield bash--and sends out a red shield projection! Caught off-guard, Scarlett can only brace herself as the projection bashes into her, sending her whirling backward and inflicting 316 damage! She lands in a painful roll several dozen yards away, groaning, as she's been made Distant! She won't be able to make any non-ranged actions unless she spends an action returning to the battlefield!

The Paladin then seems to bide his time, waiting for something...

Phantom of the Nurturing Healer gently raises one of her hands toward the spot where Phantom of the Extrospective Bodyguard disappeared, her ribbons of mana flowing--

Before she flinches, slowly turning toward Azure instead! Closing her eyes, a torrent of mana flows from her form toward the magus, surrounding him and coalescing into sparks and motes of arcana as she uses Mana Transfer! Azure has been given Overloading Magic Circuits!

Phantom of the Nurturing Healer then focuses on Phantom of the Flaming Tactician, sending out a ribbon of healing magic which he absorbs, healing him for 435 HP and granting him Auto-Regen (2), healing him for 100 HP each turn!

The Healer is fatigued from her efforts... (-1 Adv)

Phantom of the Shrewd Electrician yawns, hands behind his head as he walks up to Severa and Doc Morgan. He activates Charismatic Speech... though without the ability to speak, it seems more like, charismatic gesturing? He makes wide gestures with his hands, communicating a nonchalant-ness and levity despite the danger of the current battle. He shrugs, pointing toward his fellow phantoms and giving a thumbs-up and a wink. He then motions toward the two, raising his shoulders in question: an offer. Wouldn't they like to join them? Their side is pretty great. He then gives a quick glance both ways before pointing over at Nathalia, giving a wink and a shake of the shoulders--perhaps communicating "maybe you could bring your cute friend, too?"

The strange performance has a shockingly potent effect on the two, inflicted them both with Charisma'd! Their Power is reduced by 25% for two turns!

Phantom of the Flaming Tactician[b]'s [b]Pattern Recognition activates, reducing the effectiveness of Bran's Arcane Negation and Doc Morgan's Apply First Aid by half!

Phantom of the Flaming Tactician begins by using Mana Magnet, targeting himself and Phantom of the Guardian Paladin, giving them both Charged Magic Circuits!

His Adaptive Tactician Ability activates, granting him an additional Advantage!

The Tactician then spins up his boomerang, hurling it at Vince, his tactical eye spotting the most vulnerable foe despite his Focus being drawn toward Nathalia! Vince's Aerial Evasion helps protect him, but the Tactician's Pattern Recognition reduces the effectiveness of the Technique! He ultimately manages to weave his way around the first throw of the weapon, but fails to maneuver around its return arc, receiving 200 damage!

The Tactician is fatigued from his efforts... (-1 Adv)

Phantom of the Guardian Paladin now moves into action, raising his shield high overhead! A beam of glowing azure light shoots into the sky over the battlefield, becoming a shimmering mist that falls down upon all of Regiment 1-31 as he casts Sanctuary! All magic-based attacks will fail next turn!!

The Paladin is fatigued from his efforts... (-1 Adv)

Phantom of the Tranquil Conductor chooses Physical, Bran for his Mirror Baton! Next turn, all Physical attacks he would receive will be reflected to Bran instead!

The Conductor then calmly steps forward, placing himself between Regiment 1-31 and the enemy forces! He plans to intercept any physical attack made this turn!

Vision of the Historian zeroes in on Azure, seeking to uncover his Techniques... but as Bran's focus turns to him, Azure seems to suddenly react, shoulders raising in tension! He quickly casts some spell, somehow disrupting the Ability partially! Azure spends an action (and an Advantage) ensuring that some parts of his Techniques remain hidden!

Severa's Radiant Banner of Castle High afflicts herself and Phantom of the Shrewd Electrician with Silenced! Neither will be able to use magic next turn! The Electrician seems to be gesturing that this doesn't seem particularly fair, given what his paladin buddy did!

Castle High's Arcane Artillery opens fire on The Flying Fortress--this time, it manages to deal some damage, knocking a hole in a sidewall for 488 damage!
Aeront
Aeront
Admin

Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:06 pm
Castle and Commanders:
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum