May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar

Go down
Aeront
Aeront
Admin
https://terrafirma.forumotion.com

Battle 8: vs Cathedral of the Aethon Sol Lv 20 Empty Battle 8: vs Cathedral of the Aethon Sol Lv 20

Sat May 30, 2020 1:14 pm
Opening Cutscene:

README:
Aeront
Aeront
Admin

Battle 8: vs Cathedral of the Aethon Sol Lv 20 Empty Re: Battle 8: vs Cathedral of the Aethon Sol Lv 20

Sat May 30, 2020 1:16 pm
Castle High Forces:

CASTLE HIGH Lv. 19
HP 19000 / 19000

VS

Last edited by Aeront on Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:29 am; edited 6 times in total
Aeront
Aeront
Admin

Battle 8: vs Cathedral of the Aethon Sol Lv 20 Empty Re: Battle 8: vs Cathedral of the Aethon Sol Lv 20

Sat May 30, 2020 1:18 pm
20000 / 20000 HP
Lv. 20 THE CATHEDRAL OF THE AETHON SOL

The Cathedral of the Aethon Sol:

TURN 1 START!

Action Deadline: 6/7/20

Last edited by Aeront on Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Claris
Claris

Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:36 pm
Severa: Apply Guidance to myself and menacingly walk at the Standard Bearer.
[VIOLET]
[VIOLET]

Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:09 pm
deep breaths:

“Getting cold feet, Candice?” Arthur directed a snide smirk towards the relayer. Even if his expression was disarmingly impudent, she might have already noticed how tightly he was gripping his sword... “Tut. I’ll tell you something: the worst thing about these kinds of zealots is that they’re so sure of themselves... Victory to them becomes some sort of irrevocable 'truth'. My old partner was religious, but even he had doubts and uncertainties... and acknowledging those doubts is what allowed him to become strong.”

He scowled, turning towards the glowing sky. “Once you believe you are undefeatable, you bar yourself from growth--and the only direction you have left to go is down. That applies no matter what kind of person it is... be it a child or a god.”

“It’s all right to be frightened... I am, too.” The swordsman’s expression softened as he took a step forward, glancing back at Candice from over his shoulder. “That’s why I’ll be more careful this time--so rely on me, all right? I’ll come for you if you need me. Right now, we need to focus on finding a way to break through... and once we do, I know we can rise to meet them. We just need to be patient.”

With those words, Arthur crouched again--then pressed the heel of his left glove into his blade, jetting into battle alongside Russel with a mighty roar..!

“That’s a pretty bold assertion... How unlike you--and yet...”

>Arthur: As Watcher, assist Russel in fighting the Hallowed Knight, requesting that he aim for the knight’s knees. Draw out the Dagger of the Broken Kiss and jet around to a low, feral stance behind the Hallowed Knight’s knees, nimbly attempting to slash or undo the clasps keeping his leg armor on--hopefully making an opening for Russel. Use Focused Defender (Melee) on Bran.

“Stay out of trouble, Bran...” Arthur growled in passing, “and remember to maintain your spacing!”
GM_3826
GM_3826

Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:11 pm
Spoiler:

"Arthur..." Bran turned to their friend. "Of course. Just promise me you'll do your best, as well."

"And Vince?" Bran smiles. "Hold on."

Bran: Use Aegis of Magic (Fire) on Arthur.

Arcane Expertise: Donate magical energy to Vince.

Vision of the Historian: Target Siona. What led her to become so revulsed by magic?

Last edited by GM_3826 on Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:30 am; edited 1 time in total

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Mirkwood
Mirkwood

Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:56 pm
Nathalia had never been one for religion, as it seemed to her at best an inconvenience. But this movement was far, far worse. Seeking out and killing and enslaving mages? That was much too far, even for a god. The sense of Siona desiring their well being was unnerving... It must be some sort of divine based magic. The entire thing left a bad taste in her mouth. The sooner they were stopped, the better.

>Activate Battle Precision targeting The Hollowed Knight's Faith, then use Flurry of Fury on The Hallowed Knight.
Aeront
Aeront
Admin

Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:11 am
TURN 1

Severa activates Guidance, casting her armor in a holy, radiant light! She then begins advancing toward the Standard Bearer...

"U-u-uh, hey, easy there!" the standard bearer says, beginning to sweat profusely. "I-I just hold this banner and go to mass! W-why you gotta walk toward me all scary like that!?"

Arthur watches Bran with a protective eye, covering him with Focused Defender! He then prepares himself, looking to Russel and suggesting a line of attack. Russel gives an energetic nod, "good idea! I'll move in first, and you cover me!"

Bran uses Aegis of Magic, targeting Arthur! With a thought and a whirl of his wrist, a shell of flame and ember surrounds the swordsman, creating a defensive barrier! The barrier has 400 HP, and will grant him a fiery buff upon being broken!

As he does so, his Arcane Expertise lends power to Vince! Although not quite potent enough to give him Charged Magic Circuits, Vince will receive a boost in Power to his Fire-attribute attacks!

Vince ignites his entire body, 800 HP immediately being expended to grant him an additional Advantage and +50 Power! His Armor of Ember and Impassioned Bandanna grant him an additional +30 Power! He also activates White Hot Fire, allowing all his attacks this turn to cause stacking Burning!

His whole form covered in plasma-hot flames of amethyst, Vince brings his whip to bear, a streak in its wake, as he hurls a trio of blinding fireballs directly at the Cathedral! As they soar, however, the weakening aura of the Banner of the Aethon Sol reduces the Power of the inferno substantially, diminishing in size and brightness as they strike the Cathedral. They deal 879, 767, and 912 damage respectively and grant 3 stacks of Burning!

Vince is exhausted from his efforts... (-2 Adv)

Nathalia's Battle Precision focuses in on The Hallowed Knight's Faith! Though an imposing edifice of virtue, her martial devotion likely weakens her divine devotion to some degree -- she decreases the knight's Faith by 1!

The dragoon then charges, spear poised to draw The Hallowed Knight's attention! The paladin brings her own morningstar to bear. "Are you some kind of dragonic acolyte? If battle is the only way for you to see the truth, then I have no choice but to oblige."

Nathalia unleashes a Flurry of Fury, her overwhelming speed allowing her to outpace the defenses of the Hallowed Knight! The thick armor of the knight provides a potent defense, but Nathalia manages to deal 239 damage and inflict Focused (Nathalia)! The Hallowed Knight's power will lower if they attack anyone besides her! She also gains Vulnerable, reducing her defenses by 1! (+1 DM)

Erika attacks the enemy castle, dealing 652 damage.

Russel lets out a cry of, "for Castle High, and all the futures it protects!" before charging The Hallowed Knight, Arthur by his side! He rushes directly for the knight, Sunsetter creating streaks of orange as he strikes at the paladin's defenses! Despite his fervent offensive, The Hallowed Knight's skill is unlike any he's ever faced, keeping up with him blow for blow!

...When suddenly, Arthur strikes from behind with the Dagger of the Broken Kiss, his Agility far out-pacing the knight's as he slashes away at the back of her legs! The strike lands true, dealing 204 damage! The heavy plates around her thighs fall away, leaving only cotton pants to protect her lower body! Her Physical Resistance falls 10% and her Physical Defense decreases to +2! The knight pivots to bat him away instinctively, but her guard breaks for just a moment, allowing Russel to duck low and land a cut on her inner thigh! The holy warrior barely flinches, but suffers another 248 damage!

Candice stands at the ready, intently watching the battlefield through her Time-Step Scope...

Siona brings her hands together in prayer, the halos circling around her aligning as And Thus They Found Peace activates! Her gaze falls upon Bran, eyes filled with a deep sympathy. "Bran, it is alright. I see all the suffering you have endured--not only to your body, but to your soul."

In a flash of light, she vanishes, appearing directly next to the mage. She extends a hand to his cheek--yet despite the sudden appearance, the warmth of her touch and kindness in her eyes makes the action feel like one of tenderness. "Yours is a kind soul, tender and curious." She shakes her head, "the battlefield was never where Iros wished your end to be." She offers a sad smile, looking to the staff in his hands, "now, you are not only expected to wage war, but have been burdened as a keeper of arcane destruction." She puts a soft hand to Bran's heart, "magic has turned your tranquil soul into a twisted, painful thing. As your arcane skill has grown, your heart has hardened and been tainted by violence."

Siona removes her hand from Bran's chest, a sparkling point of light left at the point of contact. Her smile widens into something much warmer, "worry no more Bran: you and your friends will soon be made whole once more by the grace of Iros. Rejoice, for your suffering is at its end." She then lets out a well-meaning laugh, "and do not worry, it shall not hurt."

Bran has been Doomed! This status cannot be outright removed by any means: at the end of Turn 2, he will be Incapacitated!

Siona then uses Carry Forth My Will, targeting The Venerated Knight! She raises her hand to the knight, who kneels.

"Blessed champion of our holy mission, go forth! May your spear be true and your heart just! Carry forth my will upon these wayward spirits, that they may be cleansed on their path to paradise!"

The knight's silvery spear flickers a pure white, shining with the beauty and power of dawn's first light! The Venerated Knight's Power is doubled this turn!! She rises reverently, "thank you, oh holy one. May my violence be swift, so these ignorant heathen's suffering is short, and their happiness eternal in the next world."

The Consecrated Knight advances on Vince, his dark blue blade shimmering. "Weary warrior, know this above all else:"

In an instant, the knight is behind Vince, his sword already coated in the mage's blood and purple flame.

"You are forgiven."

Vince's collapses a second later, a half-dozen wounds coating his body, including a stab straight through his gut and out the other side! He takes 878 damage and is Incapacitated before his body even touches the rocky ground!

The Consecrated Knight gains +1 Advantage!

---

Vince then gets back up, his head feeling fuzzy. Where is he? Looking down, his body is... immaterial. Like a ghostly apparition, his form is a deep purple, flickering like a flame. Looking around, he can see his allies and enemies, but they're dyed a dark gray, difficult to focus on. Much more 'real' to him, however, are the two massively tall figures in sickly yellow robes standing a few feet in front of him. The bodies of the figures are impossible to see within the shadows of the robes, but their engorged red eyes track Vince's shade with gleeful hunger...

---

The Consecrated Knight then uses Consecrated Blade on their own sword! The enchantment will require any target to defend with Faith instead of any other stat!

The Hallowed Knight wastes no time as she raises her morningstar high overhead! "Brace yourself, for the strength of my body is not my mightiest weapon!" She whispers a quick prayer, and a moment later, a bolt of divine lightning arcs down from a passing cloud, collecting upon the knight's weapon before arcing straight for Nathalia's heart! The dragoon, caught off-guard by the sudden assault, crosses her arms as she buffets the surge of electricity, receiving 263 damage and becoming Paralyzed! Her Agility is reduced by 2, and she won't be able to make more than one action next turn!

With Nathalia now paralyzed, the knight manages to push her focus away, targeting Severa! She levels a look on the cleric, "I see you follow your own spiritual path. May it serve you as well as my own faith!" This time, The Hallowed Knight outright tosses her morningstar, three shimmering copies joining it mid-air as they careen for Severa... only to bounce straight off her glowing armor, protected by Guidance! The morningstar returns to the knight's hand, who once again levels an investigative gaze on Severa.

The Venerated Knight prepares her spear, holy power surging around her as she approaches Arthur! She walks with complete confidence and an air of disgust, "what are you, some metal mockery of an angelic host? Do you think your efforts to protect these warlocks noble? Hmph." She levels her weapon on him, "I shall purge you from this realm with steel and holy word! May Iros forgive you when I deliver you to him!" The knight charges him, but stops just short, going for a leg-sweep into a piercing blow! Arthur sidesteps the sweep and meets the blow head-on, but is completely overwhelmed by its sheer power! The tip of the spear striking his shoulder feels like an explosive denoting inside his body, as a golden, painful light bursts from the point of contact and throws him through the air and crumbling to the ground! His protective barrier manages to stop a good portion of the blow, but he still takes 448 damage! His burning barrier explodes, however, inflicting The Venerated Knight with Burning!

The Venerated Knight then turns toward Erika, a flourish of light as she prepares a powerful burst of Faith...!

"Stop right there!" Candice interrupts using Time's Rebellion, suddenly at the knight's side! Wait, when did she get there? Regardless, she leaps a step backward and fires a volley of bullets into The Venerated Knight! Considering the size of her target, she has an easy time dealing 212 damage and inflicting Slow! The Venerated Knight is restricted to only one action this turn, stopping her from making her second attack as she moves in slow-motion! Candice gives Erika a firm nod before darting back to a better vantage point.

Enslaved Mage A bows his head, whispering some incantation, before pointing to Russel--an instant later, an icy blast bursts beneath the commander's feet! He lets out a yelp as he recieves 313 damage and is Chilled (2)! His Strength is decreased by 1 and his elemental resistance reduced by 15%!

Enslaved Mage B claps her hands together, and an arcane barrier extends around The Cathedral of the Aethon Sol! It gains a barrier with 400 HP!

Standard Bearer, despite seeing the pressing forces before her, decides to (though still trembling a bit) plant her feet. "I-I'm sorry, but I gotta keep up this banner! No matter what!" She gains Determined, allowing her to ignore the first instance of lethal damage!

Holy Cleric A charges mana, gaining Charged Magic Circuits!

Holy Cleric B sings a heartfelt prayer and heals The Hallowed Knight for 318 HP!

Spirit Reaper A and B bide their time, slowly approaching Vince with delight in their eyes...

Vision of the Historian activates as Bran tries to understand where Siona's revulsion for magic comes from--

"I can tell you myself, friend." Siona interrupts his thought, a slightly mischevious grin. "For the truth is that I do not hate magic: I love magic deeply." She raises her hands, "magic is life. It is the very essence of all living beings, and the world itself. The mana spellcasters use for their spells is the same essence that creates life, in all its shapes and forms. It is the ink which Iros himself used to write this world into being." Her grin falls away, "this is why I pity those who seek to wield magic. It is tantamount to wielding life's essence, a feat only a god should attempt. Taking the divine miracle of life..." her hands fall to her sides, "and abusing it for self-interest is a corrupting sin. Living beings were not meant to wield such power without a higher authority--it taints one's immortal soul." Her eyes fall upon Vince's remains, "for some, it causes them to destroy themselves, their self-worth eroded away by magic's promise of power..." she then turns to Bran, "and for others, it twists them into something violent and suffering."

She bows her head in solemnity, "we do not kill mages out of hatred, but instead kindness. By our blade and light, their soul may be cleansed, and find everlasting peace in the next life. Without us, they would be doomed to disappear into darkness, consumed by their own arcane lust." She turns back up, a pleading look, "please, I beg that you believe me. We are not maniacs nor serial killers, but bringers of redemption. Won't you please stop this needless suffering and stand aside? For the good of all?"

...Well, you certainly know one thing for certain: she well and truly believes in her cause and its divine purpose. It might be possible to get her to budge on some points, but you doubt you'll be able to convince her to just pack up and go home with simple words. Still, diplomacy may not be a bad option...

All enemies recover 150 HP! All Ethereal characters recover 200 HP!

Castle High fires on the Cathedral, dealing 772 damage! The barrier around the Cathedral shatters!
Aeront
Aeront
Admin

Castle High Forces:

CASTLE HIGH Lv. 19
HP 19000 / 19000

VS

Last edited by Aeront on Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Aeront
Aeront
Admin

16008 / 20000 HP

TURN 2 START!

Action Deadline: 6/12/20

Last edited by Aeront on Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total
GM_3826
GM_3826

Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:50 am
Just a monologue for now:
Claris
Claris

Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:30 am
Smiling soothingly, I continue my approach. Upon reaching the Standard Bearer, I politely, though violently if I must, rip the standard from their grip while aiming my Holy Core Repeater Cannon upwards. Igniting it, I send laserfire lashing at the barrier, paying no mind to whether or not I and I alone hold it now.

"You have no need to stay on this battlefield, innocent one. This will be a battle of titans - mere prayer-givers should seek safety."

Severa: Get in very close to the Standard Bearer and grab the Standard [1], and then light it up with laser fire from my Holy Core Repeater Cannon. [2] Convince the Standard Bearer to hide. [3?]
[VIOLET]
[VIOLET]

Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:31 am
Ngh--!:

>Arthur: As Warrior, admonish the Venerated Knight as a Brawler's Challenge, trying to at least get her to say she personally approves of and believes in the suffering she is supporting. Settle into a defensive stance in preparation to use Ultimare. Even if the Dagger of the Broken Kiss is short, utilize its light weight in combination with a now-free hand as a defense that can both redirect attacks and navigate swiftly around the spear shaft. Prepare to use Focused Defender (Melee) on Nathalia.

His stance was proud--dynamic. Even as he gripped a blade barely any longer than his forearm, the strength flowing through his form coursed uninterrupted through it, past it, surrounding him like the wings of a heron. As he took a deep breath, that strength flared.

"Come," he ticked the point of his dagger upwards by an inch, "face me and defend yourself--tell me every part of this picture is something you chose to commit to!"
Aeront
Aeront
Admin

Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:06 pm
Vision of the Historian continued
Bran more closely examines Siona while her attention seems occupied with her knights. She really does seem compassionate... even when explaining the need to purge non-believers, she speaks of it like a painless, necessary process. What could have lead to someone like this...

He remembers reading some information about the Aethon Sol himself in preparation for this battle: in particular, he recalls that, in the opinions of most theological scholars, the beliefs and practices of the Aethon Sol have grown more extreme with time, particularly among off-shoot factions. It's not a stretch to think that Siona herself may have grown up among one of these factions and so can't even entertain the idea that their practices are harmful. Many major sects of the church are in far-off regions, where the church's powerful military and economic influence allows them to 'shape' the narrative of magic and ethics.

There's also the insane degree of her divine powers... she really must represent the true will of her god, Iros. In fact, it wouldn't be unreasonable to think she might be an 'avatar' of Iros, some part of her normal personality overridden or amplified by the will and directive of her god. A god that sees fit to wipe out all magic users, and one you doubt you'd be able to convince of anything... it's just a conjecture, but it's possible that her direct link with Iros further hampers any possible thoughts that what she's doing is wrong.
GM_3826
GM_3826

Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:37 am
Bran: Cast a regenerative spell on yourself to slowly recover life force and vital energy, even from beyond the veil.

Vision of the Historian: Target the Spirit Reapers. Do they have a weakness of some sort?
Mirkwood
Mirkwood

Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:50 pm
The lightning attack was a bit of surprise, as Nathalia had expected a lack of magic attacks from a group all about killing mages, but she had taken worse lightning bolts before. The paralysis from the electricity was more of a problem, though. It was difficult to move... She likely wouldn't be able to do much more than attack with a single strike, at least with the current situation. But what to do? She still had the knight's attention... This could be used to her advantage. Nathalia breathed deeply, keeping her eyes open, but focusing on gathering the Draconic energy needed for a Leap. Along with this, she forced herself to level her spear at the knight she had engaged, and called out to the knight to draw her attention.
"You see yourselves as all high and mighty, but you use magic just the same as your enemies. Just because you supposedly have some divine source, it doesn't make the end result any differ-" Nathalia gritted her teeth as she forced herself to continue speaking. "Different. And for the record, I've seen better lightning from mages, and used for better purposes than this genocide you're chasing."
With the knight's attention hopefully drawn sufficiently, Nathalia prepared to jump into the sky. As soon as the so called "Holy" Knight attacked, she would leap and come crashing down onto the knight. Maybe even get a strike at her unprotected legs. It would be difficult, but not impossible. Besides, Dragoons have always been ones to beat the odds.

Nathalia: Activate Battle Precision targeting The Hallowed Knight's Faith again, then Dragoon's Leap, targeting The Hallowed Knight.
SugarJan
SugarJan

Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:51 pm
"You claim to know me? If you know me, then you know that I died once before of my own hubris." The rocker levels a stern look but one that also holds understanding at Siona. "I died doing the same thing you are. Destroying something that my Goddess and my beliefs deemed unfit to exist. It took a second chance at life and almost losing everything all over again to see the error of my ways." She gave a small chuckle looking down at the ground. "I can't believe I'm saying this... but I wish Melody were here. She'd be better at talking about it than I am. The girl I murdered set me free, maybe we can help you too!" Her gaze turned to the enslaved mages and her fingers flew gracefully across the guitar strings.

Talk to Siona. Then play an empowering melody to try and release the enslaved mages from their collars.

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Aeront
Aeront
Admin

Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:51 pm
TURN 2

Severa slowly approaches the Standard Bearer, her soothing smile met with a steadily growing fear in the banner-wielding worshipper. "H-hold on now, just, stop! I-if you think I'll just g-give this banner over, y-you've got another thing comiIII--" her nerve finally breaks with a squeal as Severa is directly in front of her. The Standard Bearer tenses and covers her face with her arms, rambling high-pitch cries for mercy as the banner falls from her hands.

Severa easily snatches the banner out of mid-air and, with a quick laser shot, sets it ablaze! Within a few seconds, the Banner of the Aethon Sol is destroyed! Its embers quickly vanish into the wind, leaving behind a simple aluminum rod.

The Standard Bearer slowly eases back to a full stand, hearing Severa's kind words. She seems conflicted, but the very short periods of time she lets her eyes land on Severa continue to betray her obvious fear.

"Don't lose your nerve, Thavela!" the Hallowed Knight shouts. "Remember our cause: fighting for something bigger than all of us."

"Yeah... y-yeah!" she psyches herself up. "Even if I can't do anything... I... I'll... I'll pray for our victory!"

The Standard Bearer (Thavela) drops to her knees. She pushes the thought of Severa's imminent presence from her mind as she nods her head in prayer...

Thavela is now Fear Coping! In order to handle the situation, she's turned inward and toward the spiritual, making her only able to perform non-violent, prayer-based actions.

Severa is fatigued from her efforts... (-1 Adv)

Arthur admonishes the Venerated Knight -- she flinches for just a moment as Arthur makes his sudden turn, but recovers quickly, her aggravation incrementally growing. She begins to pace toward him as well, dragging her spear along the rocky terrain. "You would know quite a bit about the scum rotting in the gutters wouldn't you, you disgusting urchin? I hold my chin up with pride every day as I send the unclean to their maker." She raises a fist, clenching it. "Crushing their bodies and granting them the humility of death is what they deserve. Before I joined the church, I believed my desire for bloodshed a curse, a revulsion." She drops her head, "but Iros showed me the light: that my talent for slaughter was a god-given gift, meant to exact his judgement."

With her free hand, she raises the visor of her plate helm--and behind it glow pale gray eyes, filled with contempt and bloodlust. "My very soul is committed to Iros' mission! I am a tool for the divine suffering he wills upon the unworthy masses!" She then drops her visor, taking her weapon in both hands once more. "And you, pathetic wretch, should be grateful that you'll find his mercy once I'm through!"

The Venerated Knight accepts Arthur's Brawler's Challenge! He gains an additional +1 EA and +10 Power while in combat with her! He then prepares his stance...

Talisman of the Fox Robber grants Arthur an additional Advantage!

Bran's arcane magic taps into the world around him--and a moment later, light blue flowers sprout from the ground around him, a shiny cerulean aura spreading throughout his body! He gains Regen(250), allowing him to recover 250 HP each turn!

Nathalia activates Battle Precision, lowering The Hallowed Knight's Faith another degree!

Then, with a practiced motion, she sets her feet apart and her spear at the ready to intercept...!

Erika beseeches Siona to listen and understand, telling her how she's walked a similar path before. Siona seems somewhat hurt by the words, tilting her head a fraction to the side, "your case was... well, Erika... it's true, yes, that you served a goddess and caused pain and suffering in her name... but, no," she shakes her head. "This isn't the same. Iros is different--he is a god of compassion and mercy. He doesn't move us to violence against mages in hatred, but in love. We are cherishing and protecting these souls through our service."

Russel joins in, shaking his head, "I can't believe you really buy all that, Siona. You seem like a nice, kind-hearted lady, yet you let this happen--" he motions to the enslaved mages," --and work alongside people like that--" he glares over toward The Venerated Knight, circling Arthur with a predator's presence, "--and yet you think you're on the side of good in this!" He looks up at her directly, releasing a slow, despairing sigh, "...I guess I see what Zaffre meant. The only difference between domination and protection is perspective..."

"We are not dominating anyone with violence!" Siona fires back, a tone of anger in her voice which causes the rest of her followers to look up. "We follow the will of Iros, the perfect god, and if his divine decree is that all who corrupt themselves with magic must be sent to his stead, that is the perfect mission for us mortals to undertake!" Her holy halos seem to change color, just slightly, taking on a harsher, more metallic look. "Our mission is to bring everlasting peace to every being, and if they cannot accept that gift in the present, we must give it nonetheless, for the sake of their immortal souls! Your heroic souls will surely be deemed worthy, so please, allow us to bring you to him."

The light of the Emerald Lens reveals that Siona's Faith has dropped by 5! Though she still seems firm in her convictions, it's clear the words of Erika and Russel have had some effect on her!

Erika then plays an empowering melody, filling the enslaved mages with newfound conviction and will!

"Your... mercy..." Enslaved Mage A mutters, arms tensing as he pulls at his collar--before it suddenly pops off! "Your mercy is a convenient lie..."

"Ergh--!" Enslaved Mage B groans, attempting to rip her own collar free under the melodies effects... but isn't quite able to, her thin, malnourished form unable to muster the strength necessary. "I d-don't wanna die out here... I still... need to tell mom..."

"Escapees!" The Venerated Knight roars, turning her attention from Arthur for a moment to examine the prisoners. "Wallace, if they don't immediately surrender, cut them down!"

"No need to tell me," The Concecrated Knight affirms, hand resting on his blade as he stalks toward the mages...

Enslaved Mage A has been freed! He will help you fight against the knights while he still can.

Erika is exhausted from her efforts... (-1 Adv)

---

Vince, in the ethereal, whirls his whip once more, creating a flurry of purple flame! With a burning crescendo and no longer limited by the Aethon Sol's banner, Vince unleashes an assault on The Cathedral of the Aethon Sol! In one quick motion, two massive fireballs whirl toward the Cathedral, striking it for 972 and 1026 damage!!

The Cathedral of the Aethon Sol has been reduced below 75% HP! All Elite enemies can now be reduced below 25% HP!

Vince is fatigued from his efforts... (-1 Adv)

---

Russel plants his feet, holding Sunsetter low to the ground. "The sort of things you all do... I can't let them happen! With my sword, I'll give these people back the hope you've taken from them!" As his blade glows a dark orange, he cries, "Dusk Slash!!" and leaps forward!

With a large crescent wave of energy, the slash targets The Cathedral, The Hallowed Knight, and The Venerated Knight! The Venerated Knight cleanly pierces the portion of the slashed aimed at her, reducing its damage substantially, but the Hallowed Knight is struck from their Vulnerable back, landing a successful hit! The three targets take 679, 331, and 99 damage, respectively!

Russel is fatigued from his efforts... (-1 Adv)

Candice patiently waits, watching the battle intently...

Enslaved Mage A raises his hands, a dark purple energy rising around him! His eyes squeezing shut with effort and rage, he gathers enough mana to gain Charged Magic Circuits--and then, an instant later, throws out a hazy blanket over the entire battlefield! The holy, glowing light of the knights and Siona diminish as the haze darkens the midday sun to a twinkling twilight.

The enemy forces are affected by a Dark Seal Shroud! This turn, they'll be unable to heal or regenerate HP!

Satisfied, the aged man drops to his knees. Seeing the continued struggles of Enslaved Mage B, however, he whispers to her, "don't be a hero, child. Ensure your return to those who miss you, yes?"

Siona lets out a sigh, her halos beginning to spin and shimmer. "Though I know it just and the will of my god, my weak, mortal soul already grows weary of the pain to be caused..."

She vanishes--and a moment later, her soft, caring hands lay on Severa's armored shoulders. "Oh Severa... despite your age dwarfing mine--or perhaps because of it--I cannot help but think you could understand. Your god Ragnus, too, is one of just judgement, is he not?" She rotates to the cleric's front, lowering her head. "The machinations of the divines escape even someone like me, often times. I know you could never believe that Iros only wants the best for you, even if doing so defies Ragnus' wishes..." she then raises her head, a comforting smile, "which is why I shall make your deliverance swift and peaceful. I know not what your god's wishes are for you, but for him to lead you to me, surely this must be part of his plan." She places her hand on the cleric's armored chest, "you, too, are one who seeks peace, despite all you have endured. I pray my heart may be as gentle as yours when I've reached the twilight years of my life..."

She lifts her hand, a small point of light left in its stead. "Righteous Severa, you know better than any of your allies the need to change the world and others at your god's behest, even if unasked." She bows, "I hope, along with Iros, Ragnus greets you upon leaving this world."

Severa has been Doomed! At the end of the next turn, she'll be set to -300 HP!

"The time to end this suffering has come," Siona says, raising her hands. "My knights, raise up your weapons!"

Each knight does so, as a holy power begins to engulf each! "The climax of our divine mission begins now! Carry Forth My Will: swiftly return these righteous souls to Iros, so he may purify and safeguard them for all time!"

The Venerated, Hallowed, and Concecrated Knight each gain doubled Power this turn!!

Siona is exhausted from her efforts... (-2 Adv)

The Concecrated Knight reaches Enslaved Mage A, blade resting by his side. His voice, while flat and non-judgemental, contains a stern air. "Return to your collar. Your cleansing is not complete." The consequences for disobeying are plain.

"To hell with your cleansing!" The man shouts back. "I'm a veteran and a librarian!"

"This is your final warning. Do not take actions you will regret," the knight warns.

"Ha! My only regret was not acting until you started throwing the neighborhood children into chains." He then shrugs, smirking, "besides, if you kill me, my soul gets cleansed anyway, right? May as well speed up the process and die on my two feet, instead of on all fours like a dog."

The Concecrated Knight says nothing more--and a second later, when he returns his blade to his sheathe, he does not look back as the mage collapses in a bloody heap, his body burned straight through by the holy blade, suffering 1230 damage. Enslaved Mage A is Incapacitated.

The knight turns toward Enslaved Mage B next, cocking his head slightly in question. Looking between the knight's bloody sword and the body behind him, she slowly drops her hands from her collar and casts her vision downward. Though she can feel wetness in her eyes, she puts all her will into not giving them the satisfaction of her tears.

Satisfied, The Concecrated Knight turns to Erika! Just as easily as he spoke to the mage, he plainly tells her, "You next. Iros grant you mercy."

Though the rockstar stands ready to intercept the strike, when the glowing blade begins to move, it's as if she can't track it at all--and before she can think on it any longer, the sword is dug deep into her shoulder, parts of Dresalia burned away by the concecrated blade! An instant later, she's sent soaring backward, landing flat on her back for 813 damage!

"Now you," The Concecrated Knight immediately continues, turning on Nathalia! "Find peace."

He closes the distance to the dragoon in moments, raising his bloody blade once more. Nathalia braces herself for the swift strike as she sees the paladin surge forward--only to be stopped in his tracks by Arthur, using Focused Defender! Arthur's entire body is cloaked in a deep red light, dimly glowing in the newformed gloom as he utilizes Ultimare!

The pressure of the Concecrated Knight's blade lessens for just a moment as he finds himself in disbelief of his attack being intercepted. Quickly, however, he redoubles his efforts, pushing against Arthur's blade! Each of his swift stikes is redirected or parried, and when shifting to a powerful swing, he finds Arthur just out of reach, swiftly evading each crushing blow! As he redirects another thrust, it seems that Arthur's defense in unbreakable--

But then, suddenly, the holy light on the blade explodes, and Arthur finds himself blasted back by the shockwave! Momentarily knocked off balance, he's caught and kept upright by Nathalia, who activates her Dragoon's Leap in response, pushing off Arthur's shoulder as she vaults toward The Hallowed Knight! Despite the immense power of his foe, Arthur only suffers 135 damage, skidding to a standing stop a foot back from the point of contact!

"Hmph," the Concecrated Knight offers him, a note of impressed surprise.

The Concecrated Knight is fatigued from his efforts... (-1 Adv)

Nathalia rockets through the air before whirling her spear downward to meet The Hallowed Knight! The knight catches the strike head-on, locking Nathalia's spear between her breastplate and morningstar--but in a swift move, Nathalia vaults over her, freeing her weapon and landing a stab directly to the knight's shin! The Hallowed Knight gives a short wince as she pivots back toward Nathalia, having suffered 336 damage!

The Hallowed Knight prepares her morningstar as she engages Nathalia. She shakes her head, "I understand your criticisms, really. To someone outside our order, I'm sure we seem hypocrites and killers. Violence is abhorrent in all forms, and I believe Iros detests it even in righteous use. But still, I'm just a mortal. My life is short, and my opinions and feelings unimportant in the grand scheme." She tightens her grip on her weapon, "so, even if I have a personal distaste for violence, the most important thing is saving souls. That's forever. That's more important than me or whatever dumb, mortal problems I have with fighting." She takes a step forward, "now, get ready!"

Weapon cloaked in golden light, the Hallowed Knight feints an overhead blow, before ducking in and stepping to Nathalia's side! As she does, however, Arthur intercepts her once again, Ultimare still glowing dimly! Though he once again manages to fight off the knight's overwhelming strikes, when the Hallowed Knight slams her weapon into the ground beneath him, the golden explosion of light once again rocks his body, momentarily breaking his concentration and dealing 287 damage!

Arthur's Second Wind activates, healing him to 750 HP!

"Wow..." the Hallowed Knight marvels. "That sort of technique is impressive. To withstand Iros' might and remain standing... hmm." She hesitates a moment, before turning toward Russel! "I apologize, warrior of dragons, but my divine purpose can't be served here."

Without another word, she instead charges for Russel, despite her Focus (Nathalia)! he keeps his distance at first, staying outside the knight's effective range with his blade. But then, for just a moment, the Hallowed Knight's weapon flashes a bright light--!

And in the next moment, Russel finds the morningstar embedded in his gut! With another flash, the holy light on the knight's weapon explodes, and Russel is hurled into the dirt with crushing, divine force! He takes 758 damage! With a sputtering cough, clutching his stomach tight, he still manages a smile, "heh, that the... best you got?"

"Mmh. You all really need to learn to stay down," the Hallowed Knight comments, shaking her head. She raises an open palm to Russel, which begins to glow with divine energy! He tries to raise his sword to block the incoming blow, but is far too late. Like a flash, a thick needle of divine power fires from the knight, piercing straight through Russel's spine! He suffers 818 damage and is immediately Incapacitated!

---

With a flicker, Russel's soul enters the immaterial. He shakes his head, "can't remember the last time I got hit that bad since I used Scarlett's suit to... wait, I'm still here? Sorta?"

"May not be for long," Enslaved Mage B comments, pointing out the Spirit Reapers before them. "I reckon these creatures will do us in in short order."

"Don't you worry," he shakes his head, "those people back there are the best. Besides, maybe we can stick it to these things while we're here. Just stick with me and we'll get out of this, no problem!"

---

The Hallowed Knight gains +1 Advantage, though loses it due to her fatigue.

"Thank you lady Siona," The Venerated Knight bows, circling Arthur, "that I may exact your will upon this heathen."

Without warning she pounces spear whirling like a divine dervish as she cleaves at Arthur's defensive stance! As the two fighters exchange blows, Arthur redirecting or dancing around each, the Venerable Knights whispers, so only the two of them may hear, "you want the truth? You all deserve it. I'm not sure if Iros really will forgive all these your souls. I almost wish he doesn't." She suddenly leans into a shoulder charge, which Arthur only barely manages to sidestep--an instant later, he feels the divine spear sear his cheek, narrowly avoiding a thrust. Still, the knight continues, "you pieces of trash aren't like us. We, who have served his will for years, and saved so many. You all are just shit-stained soldiers fighting for a cause you don't even believe. I think, in his infinite wisdom, Iros knows that wall stains like you don't deserve the paradise we have earned."

All at once, the Venerated Knight attacks from three angles: her spear, angled toward Arthur's chest; her metal knee, aimed for his groin; and her off-hand, throwing an uppercut straight for his jaw! Arthur parries the spear as he shifts his body left, escaping the knee, but can only lean with the punch as it meets his chin! An instant later, the light on the knight's spear bursts, and he's sent into a spin, forced to fall onto a knee! He suffers 516 damage, and can begin to feel his body give beneath the strain! Breath and strength are becoming more difficult!

"I don't think I'm high and mighty, I know it!" the Venerated Knight roars down at him, hefting up her spear as she makes a second attack! "And now, I'll send you back to the dirt where you belong!" The glow of Ultimare beginning to fade, Arthur still parries a few strikes--but the knight suddenly brings an armored boot down on his knife arm, crushing it, before piercing Arthur straight through the chest! His remaining embers of consciousness disappear as the holy light of the spear bursts within him, dealing 499 damage and Incapacitating him!

The Venerated Knight gains +1 Advantage!

"Ha!" She snickers down at his unmoving body, giving it a stomp for good measure. "May you know your place in the next li--"

"Excuse me, that's enough!" a voice cuts her off, as Candice appears next to Arthur's body, having used Time's Rebellion! A few Aquilegia Petals fall from her as she takes an extra action! "No one here is impressed or in awe of your thinly-veiled excuses for blood sport!"

"Oh please, you're just as pointless as he was!" The knight raises her spear to the lieutenant. "I saw you nearly relieve yourself when we first arrived! Are you so desperate to end up like him?"

"Even if I'm afraid," she replies, unable to ward off the tension in her shoulders or the chill along her spine. "I won't let fear dictate my fate any longer. If I fall here, it shall be with the same dignity as my allies." Taking a breath, she flicks her tail with purpose, "that said, I am not here to fight you myself. I am here because you are not the only one who deserves outside assistance."

She turns to Arthur, bending down slightly and revealing the amulet around her neck. Briefly closing her eyes, a silvery blue trail of light leaves the relic, whizzing by Arthur's head... and then coming back around, again, again, speeding up until its circling him a dozen times a second, leaving a trail in its wake like a waterfall flowing backwards! Swiftly reviving, Arthur feels his exhaustion and wounds disappearing. Not healing, but as if they were some dream he was awakening from, vanishing, never real to begin with. In a manner of seconds, his body returns to its state before he had goaded the Venerable Knight, rewound by Candice's Reawakened Relayer Ability!

Arthur is restored to 1052 HP, +1 Advantage, has most recently used the Watcher stance, and has no restriction on using Ultimare!

With the time spell finished, she offers Arthur a hand and hoists him to his feet. "Are you alright? I hope you'll forgive my intrusion, but you seemed in need of assistance," she says with a quick smile. "I'm afraid that trick only works once, so make the most of it." She turns, eyes falling upon the bodies of the already-fallen. "I'll see to preserving the others as best I can." She looks back once more and gives a reassuring nod, "you show these knights what true humility can achieve."

Enslaved Mage A raises her hands, another barrier appearing around the cathedral... but it sputters out, failing to form!

"What was that?" The Concecrated Knight asks.

"I tried my hardest, I promise!" she vows to him, falling to her knees, "forgive me, my magic is hampered by this dark shroud!"

"Hmph..." the knight glares down at her, before turning to face Castle High once more.

The mage releases a silent sigh of relief, feeling fortunate for her lying ability.

Standard Bearer (Thavela) whispers a prayer. "Oh great Iros, please, preserve your holy Cathedral and all it represents..."

With a glimmer of orange, a veil falls around the Cathedral, increasing its defense! All damage the Cathedral of the Aethon Sol receives is reduced by 10%!

Holy Cleric A and B, unable to perform healing, spend the turn gaining Charged Magic Circuits!

Spirit Reaper A and B close in on Vince, their scythes poised upon the core of his soul! As a pair, they both swing for him--!

"Please awaken Vince!" the fire mage suddenly hears, along with feeling a slight, stinging pain on his cheek. As he tries to recollect his thoughts, he feels another swift slap, rousing him from his weary state.

"Thank goodness," Candice breathes, holding a hand to her chest in relief. "I apologize in advance for the slap-dash nature of my first aid. Even with chronomancy, it has been several years since I took a class on the subject. It was also, um, difficult, with all the flames around you." Looking down, Vince finds his most serious wounds smaller than he remembers, and others bandaged up to moderate success.

Candice heals Vince for 398 HP, restoring him to 120 HP! He's just barely holding on, especially with his Burning reducing him to 20 HP, but he remains conscious for now.

"Vince, listen..." she says, gripping his hand and concerned by how uncharacteristically cold it is. "I understand this is part of who you are, but please remember that we don't want to lose you. Not just for your fortress shattering power, but your uplifting heart as well." She manages a gentle smile, "for what it's worth, I don't believe what Siona says of magic corrupting souls. The soul you've shown us these months isn't one that's corrupted." She gives his hand a squeeze, "so please, Vince... don't disappear and prove her right."

---

Both Spirit Reapers utter indecipherable clicks, investigating the space where Vince vanished, before turning toward their new targets...

---

Candice is fatigued from her actions... (-1 Adv)

Castle High fires on The Cathedral of the Aethon Sol, its arcane cannons shattering its stained glass windows for 778 damage!

"Rejoice, Bran!" Siona suddenly cries, a wide smile brimming on her face. "Your time has come!"

Bran stops, thinking he might feel something... and then, quicker and easier than falling asleep, Bran is gone.

---

In a flash, the mage finds his own light blue, shiny soul in the ethereal, staring down the Spirit Reapers. Though perhaps feeling an echo of fear, his analytical mind turns to the beings themselves.

Vision of the Historian activates, Bran investigating the Spirit Reapers. Their strange non-existence makes hypothesizing a weakness difficult... after all, simply attacking them wouldn't accomplish anything, and few in their party have much skill in healing. If only one of Castle High's forces had the power they do, to restore others in place of dealing damage...

...Actually, that's not a bad idea. If someone could mimic the spirits and convert their own damage into healing--or make it so a reaper was healed instead of taking damage--then they might be able to beat them...

---

Then, a moment later, Bran's Regen(250) restores him to 150 HP, returning him to the conscious realm, holding on by a hair!
Aeront
Aeront
Admin

Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:52 pm
Castle High Forces:

CASTLE HIGH Lv. 19
HP 19000 / 19000

VS

Last edited by Aeront on Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:36 am; edited 2 times in total
Aeront
Aeront
Admin

Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:52 pm
12553 / 20000 HP

TURN 3 START!

Action Deadline: 6/19/20
GM_3826
GM_3826

Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:44 pm
Monologue:

Bran: Cast Aegis of Magic on Candice.

Vision of the Historian: Target the Hallowed Knight. Who are they and why did they join the Knights?

Last edited by GM_3826 on Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
[VIOLET]
[VIOLET]

Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:44 pm
it wasn't over yet:

"Bran's been sneaking about... and it seems like Vince has been hard at work. Suppose now's not the time to slack off--whatever you're thinking about, it'd better be good...!"

>Arthur: As Warrior, re-equip the Life-Ending Edge and push the Phantasmal Dragon Cloak's boosters into overdrive to gain Soaring. Use Focused Defender (Magic) on self. Set self between Nathalia and Erika to create a defensive line that will keep the three knights from reaching other units--speed and strength holding its integrity where the other allies cannot.

Use Counter Swing to intercept the Venerated Knight's next attack with overwhelming speed, forcing her spear upwards--then, instead of striking the Venerated Knight herself, strike hard at her weapon again to shock her arms (and possibly break her grip on her weapon); the stronger her grip, the worse the impact. Prepare a normal Counter Swing against the Consecrated Knight's next attack.

"Allow me to make one thing clear..." Arthur muttered, locking onto the Venerated Knight's gray eyes again with eerie calm, "I have never believed this strongly in anything until now. Long ago, like you, I lived only for my own sake... and though the person who gave me a second chance is no longer here, I could not forget the life we had together regardless of how much I tried."

"All he taught me... was that life is precious. Even the smallest ripple of loss in the distance can carry far--it was his passing that led me here. And I did not shatter the foundation of a colosseum, instill the terror of mortality into an invincible demon, duel a foreign commander, and come back to life just so my defense could falter before your pitiful technique!"

The sword in his left hand seemed heavier than before.

"Is seven strikes to take down a man holding a knife whilst having the advantage of distance what passes for talent these days?" The swordsman's expression turned feral as he settled into his stance. "You may serve the will of a god, but among killers, you're still third rate! Again!"
Mirkwood
Mirkwood

Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:59 pm
Arthur... He had taken the attack from the knight she had engaged, and then several more hits from another knight. He was certainly dying before, and might have bit the dust pretty soon if it weren't for the magic done by... Scarlet, it was. It was impressive to see him standing again so soon after such a beating. It was a tribute to the ability of both of them. It was a shame that Russel got hit so bad, as well. Hopefully the medical team would be able to stabilize him. Now, though, it was time for Nathalia to continue with her battle with the Hallowed Knight. Nathalia did notice that Arthur was trying to block the attacks from the other knights, out of the corner of her eye. It would only be fair to take care of this one.

Nathalia: When the Hallowed Knight attempts an attack on any ally with her morning star, interfere by using the butt end of the spear to get in the way of the chain of the weapon before striking with the spearhead. Then attack the Hallowed Knight again, focusing on her unprotected legs, possibly reducing her mobility so as to keep her close.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum