[VIOLET]
Silverclaw
Tempest
12 posters
Go down
Tempest
Tempest
https://www.project-siege.weebly.com

Living Quarters (Free Role Play) - Page 2 Empty Living Quarters (Free Role Play)

Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:39 pm
First topic message reminder :

Rules:

Castle High's living quarters are a bit spartan, but still quite comfy. It consisted of a series of stone-gray multi-level hallways with doors leading into wider chambers, and each chamber contributing half its space to house about a dozen slightly saggy cots arranged in a bunk-bed fashion. Sometimes, a chamber might be lucky enough to have a full dining table, or several workbenches instead of just one, or a full collection of twelve chairs, but for the most part, the cots were the only furniture consistently available. There was plenty of electrical lighting to go around, but only a few outlets for other appliances were available throughout the entire quarters, spaced erratically between different chambers. It wasn't uncommon to see these chambers cleared out of their other furnishings so that the chamber could be made communal: one only needed to look for doorways where the sides were lined with cots being used as benches and the like. Plumbing and heating is available, but only to the communal bathrooms, one located about every few dozen chambers.

The soldiers gathered here seem to come from all sorts of the backgrounds and boasts a wide variety of personalities, but they all have something in common - a belief in the goal. This place is the primary place for them to cool down after a hard day of work or training, or after a long battle. Their matching, light-gray uniforms are testament to that, though quite a few have a few nicks and tears on their clothes that they can confidently call their own.

As a recruit, you were lead into a particular chamber near the very corner of the space, labeled with a cheaply produce plastic label: "Regiment 1-31." You were brought here with a paper note from Russel, the commander you met when you first found yourself on the Castle Grounds: "Sorry I can't be there to introduce you to your new team. Everyone in that chamber has shown up just recently; each person's only been here for a week, tops. You guys will be working, training, and fighting together all the time, so I hope you guys get used to each other's company. If you need help, look around for me or anybody else that looks like they've been here for a while; I tend to walk down to the quarters often. Hope you get settled in nicely. Cheers... Russel"

Claris
Claris

Living Quarters (Free Role Play) - Page 2 Empty Re: Living Quarters (Free Role Play)

Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:53 am
Upon hearing the news, the damage, the casualties, Severa's face drained of color. Turning and rushing to the medical bay, she quickly pulled her staff from its holster at her side and began reciting incantations for healing magic as she ran.

>Location: Medical Bay

"Is...is there anything I can do?" Severa asked, huffing slightly, looking from one bed to the next - in her mind, this was her fault. She'd sung a Note of Pain and insisted on the Smithy instead of expanding the Medical Bay. Now, these brave soldiers were...

"Please...let me help!"
[VIOLET]
[VIOLET]

Living Quarters (Free Role Play) - Page 2 Empty Re: Living Quarters (Free Role Play)

Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:39 am

Arthur himself had nearly finished all his business in 'that place': with a number of others in a much more critical condition than he (though admittedly he was feeling a bit lightheaded,) and the resident leader of the clerics- a cute young lady who looked as if she'd had it up to here all day- in a bit of a scramble to care for the less fortunate members of their ranks, the mercenary had taken it upon  himself to walk in with his shirt wrapped tightly around his wound and his jacket zipped up, covering most of the mess splattered across his torso to one not looking directly at him.

"Just need to ask for some gauze, I can take care of the rest, don't mind me."

Gauze, maybe some cotton. If he couldn't stop anyone to ask for them, he'd very quietly and moderately 'acquire' them as he passed by, tucking them discreetly into his jacket pocket. He had the rest in his own bag: a bottle of 80-proof liquor and a new roll of stiff bandages... He'd realized a bit too late that the bandages and dry scraps from his shirt weren't all he needed after finishing up at the meeting; realizing they were all about to peel right off, he had to make an emergency trip, much to his own chagrin.

After acquiring his humble share of goods, Arthrur passed Severa's unfamiliar figure arriving to assist... though, something about them, he supposed, struck him as familiar, and he flashed a warm smile-

"Evening," he greeted, "Coming in to lend a hand? Wonderful."

-and started gliding on right by, heading straight for the exit.

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Aeront
Aeront
Admin
https://terrafirma.forumotion.com

Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:42 am

"Woah, easy there!" Rosemary says, putting a gentle hand on Severa's shoulder as she caught her breath. The bags under her eyes betray the fact she barely had any sleep yesterday, after the battle had concluded. Still, despite this, she managed a welcoming and, in Severa's case, appreciative smile. "Happy to see that poison didn't do anything to hurt your spirits before you were cured. To be honest, yes, we could use the help. Most of those with minor injuries have already been healed and released, but only a handful of my staff can use supporting magic. I've been running around all day trying to heal broken bones and internal hemorrhages while keeping the poisoned soldiers stable." She gives a sigh, "Those poor souls... The toxin from Keranthin Burrow Spiders resists magic and has no known cure. It eats away at the skin, starting from the extremities and working inward." She looks over her shoulder to an area of sectioned-off beds, a hurt in her eyes. "All we can do for them is reduce their pain and restore their damaged bodies until the toxin has run its course."

She turns back to Severa, her patient smile restored. "I understand if it's too morbid, but if you'd like to help, it would be wonderful to have someone else stabilizing the poisoned soldiers while I heal the more physically wounded.

As Rosemary spoke with Severa, Arthur found someone barring his exit from the medical bay: a familiar fish woman in a business suit, glaring at him. "Arthur, I do not think concealing your injury from medical staff is a wise decision," Candice said. "While I understand they are busy, I saw the wound that bear inflicted: I think it grievous enough to deserve proper clinical treatment. Speaking of which, I came looking for you to ask why exactly you decided it prudent to... ehm," she coughed, "throw off, your uniform? As our Regiment's training manager, I cannot condone such reckless disregard for one's own safety. I hope it's alright to say this, but I can't help but find such behavior simply irresponsible."
[VIOLET]
[VIOLET]

Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:36 am
>Location: Medical Bay (Exit)

"Oh, Miss Candice, you were watching?" The swordsman recovered quickly from his surprise at seeing the regiment's overseer bar his exit, backing up two steps with a wry smirk. "Ahahah-- hope you enjoyed the show. Regardless, it's not every day I get to 'throw down' with a creature of that magnitude... Now, let me explain something..."

Not wanting to keep their conversation in the middle of the doorway, Arthur took the fish woman gently by the back of her shoulder and guided her just slightly to the left, continuing to speak and engage with her as he did so.

"When a man shows up to an old-fashioned wrestle with the intent to give it his all, the shirts and jackets come off! That's the rule..." He let out a low cackle. "Not only does that reveal to the opponent what you're physically made of... but it's a display of resolve, as well. When facing off against a noble creature of the wild or another fighter worth his salt, especially, this is key... Call it reckless, but if the gesture startled you, it fulfilled its purpose."

"...though, I must add, if the individual in question here is a woman, I believe it's a bit of a different story... usually." He hummed to himself, a sly half smile. "...ah, but anyway, it's not so bad! Run it under some water, clean it with some liquor and a bit of spit... that's how a man takes care of it out in the wild."

As he finished, the brightness in his features shifted, becoming slightly more mellow... and he started again, the volume of his hearty tenor dropping to something more hushed.

"...I don't know what you think of your own obligations here..." His eyes flicked about the room, towards the bedridden soldiers and busy healers, "...if this mission in Castle High is giving you a sense of... purpose, or whatnot, even if you were plucked from your old life all of a sudden and drafted into the army. But at the end of the day, I'm a sellsword-- not a soldier... so I'll do whatever I find the most interesting. If that happens to be initiating an old-fashioned wrestle with a bear, or challenging an interesting opponent to a duel... and regardless if it's unreasonable or reckless... I'll do it for my own sake, fully cognizant of the consequences."

"So you see," He pulled away from her, his expression a touch colder-- though he had to take a brief moment to turn away and squeeze his eyes shut, pressing a thumb and index finger to his temples. "People like me aren't worth fussing over. I choose to live and die on my own terms... hopefully I'll be of use during my run, of course-- I've no intention to be a hindrance to the people who are taking me to my destination. Hence, I'd like to take some personal responsibility for this wound, rather than win that young lady there another aneurysm."

"...but if the shirt thing really bothers you," he added, "I suppose I'll try and hold back for your sake."
Claris
Claris

Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:47 am
Hearing the commotion across the room, Severa paused and retreated back towards the exit temporarily.

"Arthur, was it? Everyone, and I mean everyone, is worth caring for. There's not a soul in this world that deserves pain or death - I've learned that the hard way over many, many years."

Her green eyes practically glowed with intense belief.

"Now, if you aren't going to submit yourself for examination, I'm afraid I'm going to have to force you. And I doubt I'll be alone in strapping you to a bed."

She gestured vaguely towards him with her weapon, which was still alight with healing energy. The threatened blow might not hurt much, but it was sure to put him out like a light, if she just swung hard enough...
GM_3826
GM_3826

Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:41 pm
Bran, for his part, spent a while considering just how much he could help the wounded soldiers. He wasn't supremely skilled at healing magic, more of a dabbler than anything, and he was a bit worried about potentially messing things up further...
...No... They need all the help they can get. Plus he feels somewhat responsible for this...
Heading over to the bay, he briefly listened in on Severa, Rosemary, and Arthur's conversation.
"...Er... I have some basic knowledge of first aid, in addition to healing magic... Kind of a useful thing to have out in the field. I'm not sure I could help much... Those soldiers poisoned by the spiders sound like they need a bit more help than that, and the others are only lightly wounded... but I'd like to lend a hand and assist, if you'll let me."
Aeront
Aeront
Admin

Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:05 pm
>Location: Blank Room

"Woah! Killer stuff broski!" Came a voice from the room's entrance. A rather large man entered, a Blank Hammer hoisted on his shoulder and a wide smile across his face you might guess was usually there. "I didn't think anyone else came to practice in here besides me and Valeep. Sweet! Oh, the name's Geller by the way broseph. Regiment 1-32 representin'!" He strikes a silly, showy pose, one hand on his hip and his chest thrown forward.

"I don't exactly do flamey stuff, buuut..." he swings his hammer into the stone floor, and a wave of lightning surges forward like the tide moving out. "I can appreciate the artform, bruh!" He hoists it back on his shoulder, "Heheh, I don't think this place can hold the both of us though. Get yourself a good sweat broski, I'll come around later!"
[VIOLET]
[VIOLET]

Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:54 pm
Tch, if only he'd walked out a little faster... though Arthur well and truly had no idea how long Candice had been watching him stumble around the halls before cornering him. Now this was a pickle...

That blue-haired woman, though, seemed to glow with determination as she insisted he seek care-- how long had she been here, talking like that? Sounded like she'd been in a few wars herself by this point... still, that kind of earnest resolve struck a chord in him, his expression losing its lightheartedly affected edge.

Then that quiet-- scholar? Archaeologist? Brian, was it? No... ah, Bran. Gods, does the entire Regiment just follow each other everywhere around here?

While the mercenary looked down his nose at the young man's uncertainty, there was a subtle softness to it-- maybe familiarity, the way a teacher looks at a student-- before he closed his eyes and shook his head.

"Fine, fine, no need for threats... Goodness. Last time someone threatened me like that, I was..." He let out a low 'hmph', letting his crossed arms down and glancing in Severa's and Bran's directions, as if expecting them to push him somewhere-- an empty cot, a chair. "...I believe I'm starting to understand this group dynamic a little more. Do with this what you will... don't let me keep you, though."
SugarJan
SugarJan

Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:08 pm
>Location: Hallway outside Medical Bay

"FUCK THE PAPERWORK! FUCK WHAT YOU THOUGHT WAS GOOD FOR MY HEALTH! I'M OUTTA HERE!" There was the sound of a door slamming and soon Erika was storming down the hallway, her boots making a clumping sound as she moved.

"I've fucking died before! I don't need to be placed on the sidelines just because I drank one more beer than I did bottles of water, shit..." She zoomed past the medbay door, only to return when there were actually a ton of people in there. Including some she thought she recognized from her regiment. "Woah, uh... I've been stuck in the office... what happened?"
Aeront
Aeront
Admin

Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:59 pm
>Location: Medical Bay (Exit)

Candice flushed at the line about her 'enjoying the show,' taking a staggering step backward and replying with a quick, "How dare you say such a thing!?" with surprised energy.

As he finished, she gave a small huff. Her posture seemed more uninhibited then her usual, polite manner. "I suppose my previous work in politics kept me from such individuals as yourself, Arthur: most men I worked with kept their clothing squarely on their body, and certainly didn't find some... primal urge to wrestle dangerous creatures. Or make such comments to a woman, for that matter!" She pulled at the sleeves of her suit, trying to re-center herself, a bit of coldness in her own reply. "But fine. I'll observe your request,  as I'm certainly not your keeper, and will do my part to stop "fussing" over you. Excuse me for being interested in an ally's wellbeing."

As the others pressured Arthur to get himself checked in, she couldn't help but smile, "Though it seems your allies feel differently. Thank you, Bran and Severa --I admire those who help others, even when they're being difficult." She waved a hand, "I need to go process some paperwork for now. Good job today, everyone, and I'm sure Ms. Rosemary appreciates the--"

And then, Erika ran by. Candice's shoulders fell with a sigh and a soft smile. "Good morning, Erika. Happy to see you finally awake." She reached into one of her jacket pockets and retrieved a bundle of folded papers. "I prepared for you a summary of the last battle, which you... ehm, slept through, evidently.  There's also some suggested training goals. Please read everything carefully before deploying next time. Oh, and, it's nice to see you."
Sharks
Sharks

Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:36 pm
>Location: Courtyard (Garden)

Whistling, kneeling, Yam finished transplanting the last of the wild scallions. They weren't quite as robust as something regularly tended might be - she had only just got them, after all - but negotiating with the local spirits would make for a much smoother transition than would be otherwise possible, even with these spirits being as small as they were. Growing somewhere so constrained and disconnected from the greater land, of course they would be - but Yam was going to build them up as best she could. With proper guidance, care, and materials, even spirits living in a place like this could become strong. And even now, they should be enough, at least, to assist her in properly distributing nutrients and shaping growth.

First, though, they needed tribute. Even if they didn't demand it, it was only healthy - all things must eat. She sifted her fingers through the leaves of the plants there, watching for beetles and parasites, and whenever she found one she enclosed it in her palm. Once or twice, she 'tsk'ed to herself and used a small knife to cut away a piece of plant matter infected by some strain of fungus or disease - small things, caught thankfully early. It was bound to happen, to a garden that moved around so often, to strange climates with stranger blights. As much as Yam loved reading, there was no way to learn everything about the places they were going to, especially when ecological screenings hadn't taken place yet - or they were most recently undertaken several decades or centuries ago.

When her hand become full, she set dead things in the dirt - even sickness dies - and made a small prayer. Then, she checked to see how the chives were doing, and then the strawberry bush outside the main garden...

Aeront
Aeront
Admin

Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:03 pm

"Excuse me! Please don't pick things from the plants!" came a chirping young man's voice, as they dashed for the garden where Yam was. Anxiety played across their boyish face, "Oh goodness, please get away from those! I know some of the fruits look tasty, but they'll be harvested when they're ready, so please just--"

"Oh," he stopped himself, seeing that Yam's hands were full of parasites and bugs. "Oh, wow. Did you, find all those on the plants? Goodness gracious, I didn't realize... oh, sorry! I should probably introduce myself: my name's Codey, I work in Regiment 1-53." His uniform, bearing the number of his regiment, was decorated with various pins and small metal charms, and his hands had the deep brown smudges of garden work. "Well, I say work, but uh, working in the reserves, we haven't gotten to actually do much yet. Not that I'm complaining! I'm not exactly the best fighter. Heheh, as you can see, I'm barely a competent gardener." He grabbed a Blank Wand out of his pocket and, giving it a flick, conjured up a small, fluffy cloud, resting it in his hand. "I guess you could call me a weather mage, buuuut, I can't really do much more than make tiny rain clouds," he admitted. "It makes watering the plants around the castle pretty easy, but yeah, I don't really know much about," he made a vague motion with his free hand toward Yam, "y'know, all that kinda stuff. Fertilizer things and bugs."

He sounded like he was going to continue, but then stopped himself, blinking. "I'm sorry, I'm probably talking too much, aren't I? Right, sorry again for bothering you, it looks like you know a lot better about how to take care of the stuff I planted here."
Aeront
Aeront
Admin

Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:16 pm
>Location: Blank Room

Geller laughed at Vince's suggestion, "Incantations? My fiery dude-bro, all I gotta do is call on the power in my soul, you feel me?" he said, smacking his chest.

"Like here, watch this:   AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA--"

as Geller screamed, raging bolts of electricity flew off all around him, filling up the room with crackling light and thunder that singed the stones and blasted apart a portion of one of the walls. He finished it with a "WOOOOOOO!", throwing his hammer to the side where it struck the ground with a loud CRA-KOOM! He turned back to Vince, bits of his short hair standing on end as he hyperventilated, "Now THAT is the kinda thing the GELL-MAN does when he wants to go big! Woo!"

He shook his head a bit, retrieving his weapon as he caught his breath. "I mean, everyone's got their own way of doing things, y'feel me broman? I say the important part is to get pumped in whatever way resonates with your soooul waves, broski. If that's spittin' a hot lyric, or focusin' hard, you gotta roll with it, but for me, it's all about feelin' the POOOWAAA!"
Sharks
Sharks

Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:29 pm
Yam smiled softly at the boy's exuberance. "Name's Yam. Pleasure t' meet you," she said, extending a not-bug-filled hand, which was still dirty, but the kid's was too, so she figured it wouldn't matter too much. "Regiment 1-31. Specialize in agricultural magic, among..." - she glanced away to look into the sky, almost suspiciously, as if trying to figure out if something was watching - "...other things."

"You're the one who planted things before I got here, huh?" she asked, eyeing him up and down. "Not too bad, considering the conditions. S'pose your specialty might make it easier for the plants to survive in so many rapidly changing climates, hm. Explains some things. Good work, Codey," she said, firmly, nodding. "And don't feel too bad about not catching the bugs - I think these are fairly new. That forest was... oddly aggressive, and I c'n only imagine that extended to vicious li'l critters like these."
Aeront
Aeront
Admin

Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:45 pm

"It's a pleasure to meet you Yam," he said, grabbing her hand and giving it a gentle shake," and thank you!" Codey seemed genuinely surprised and touched at the compliment. He also seemed only more impressed of her, "And wow, you're a part of Regiment 1-31!? I heard only the best of the best get to be in there! You guys were the ones who ended the whole last fight, right? That's so cool! Man, I'm really glad we've got people like you around, especially since now we're apparently gonna start going to more dangerous places. Seems pretty scary, one of the other people in my regiment said she's gonna try and overeat the day before the attack so she can call in sick, heheh. I think she's just kidding?"
Sharks
Sharks

Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:29 pm
"Mmm. I didn't do much, far's combat went... but I did ask the local spirits of the earth to show us a few thin's about the place's history. Apparently there was some sort'a... misunderstandin'." Yam's face contorted subtly into a grimace; hopefully she could have her faith restored as to the Castle's ability to choose deserving targets over the course of the next couple of battles. How much had she really known about those gremlins...?

"As to yer friend, I suggest that she not do that, if only because supplies are rationed as-is. If she wants'ta to avoid combat, it may be best to develop a skillset that ain't so useful on the field - if she's needed somewhere's else, they may as transfer her out," she said, gazing seriously into Codey's eyes. He said she was probably kidding, but... many people used humor to mask real, deep-set anxieties. And if the woman did not wish to subject herself to the cruel whims of the battlefield, then Yam could hardly blame her - and, more importantly, her hesitation might result in the grievous injury - or worse - of herself or a comrade. "I'd recommend medicine - I doubt we could afford to say no to more doctors." If what she'd heard about the recent spider attack was accurate, at any rate. "But I have to imagine there are other options - cooking, facility maintenance, someone from my regiment moved into administration, although I don't know how many spots they have available there... dentistry, maybe, if that's not covered by standard doctorhood - in my 'xperience, the occupations are weirdly separate - navigation, smithing, weaving, accounting, or maybe some magical disciplines, if she has the gift - divination and conjuration come to mind most immediately as useful, not-necessarily-combat-oriented roles." Ah, she'd probably spoken too much. She coughed politely.

"...Well, that's if it turns out she ain't jokin', anyhow," she said, almost going to rub the back of her head before deciding she didn't want dirt in her hair. "If she is, just smack'er upside the head'n tell'er one a' those all-important one-three-one folks told'ja to. Never waste food. Even jokin' 'bout it is just..." Her face got about as serious as it could possibly get. "Dis-TASTE-ful," she said, winking, smirking, and showing off a mean pair of finger guns.

Aeront
Aeront
Admin

Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:20 pm
>Location: Castle High Gates

Though the battle had only recently ended, Castle High's leaders were scrambling to organize the movement of people into and out of the castle. Regiments had been sent to free prisoners and offer them positions among the Castle's forces, and these new recruits were attempting to stream in alongside the dozens and dozens of bloodied, winded, and (in some unfortunate cases that were already visible) deceased combatants of Castle High. Giada, still in her massive mechanical suit of armor, had taken to organizing the flow into and out-of the Castle's main gates, pointing and motioning different groups to wait or move at appropriate times.

Some of the members of Regiment 1-31 finally made it through the castle's gates into the main courtyard, escorted by Support Regiment 5-11, who had tended to the more serious injuries they had sustained. Shortly upon their entering, a finned young woman came quickly running over, flagging down the leader of the Support Regiment. An intense worry was written across Candice's features, her usual collected demeanor replaced by one that seemed to border a panic. She spoke quickly to the Support leader, "I'm Candice, the Training Officer for this Regiment. Are they alright? Did we lose anyone?!?"

"Eeeasy there, honey," the dark-skinned fellow responded, his own demeanor incredibly relaxed, forged from years of pulling people off bloody battlefields. "Name's Loyd, and your unit's still kickin'. Let's see here..." he checks a small notepad he'd had stored in his belt, "Quite a few of them got beat within a few feet of their lives. Make sure they get some rest these next few days, alright? Saul and Severa should come back tomorrow for some follow-up tests to make sure the healing magic was enough, and to get rid of any nasty scars. Our psychological medic has also recommended Severa and Bran to have a brief psychological check-up, which could lead to a few light therapy sessions. She was watching the battle and had some concerns about them."

"As for Arthur..." at the mention of the name, Candice's posture grew more rigid, as if preparing herself for a blow. Loyd continued in his calm drawl, "the good news is, we got to him pretty quick. His conditions good n' stable, and he'll be walking back to his room despite his injuries."

"Oh thank goodness," Candice breathed, "after seeing that attack he got hit by, a-and him just, not getting back up--"

"Well, 'bout that," Loyd continued, giving her a look meant to temper her relief. "Arthur's left lung was punctured by some metal jutting from that septic tank and started filling up with sewage water. My team's got the best medics in this whole army, but there's only so much we can do to restore such delicate organs." He breathed a heavy sigh, "the treatment left him with a form of pulmonary fibrosis. We couldn't regenerate his lungs without leaving some scar tissue behind. He's already been informed, but he'll need to stop by the medical tent once a week for the next two months for regular treatment, or whenever his symptoms worsen. If all goes well, he might get his lungs back. For now, he'll feel an acute shortness of breath and might find himself getting fatigued a bit quicker."

"Oh, um... I see..." she responded, an uncomfortable look as she put a hand to her face.

Loyd gave her a gentle rub on the shoulder, "They'll all recover in due time. They're really something, faring as well as they did out there." He looked behind him, seeing the members of the Regiment coming forward. "I'll have my people give you guys some space. Try to make sure they're all recovering."

"Absolutely, thank you so much," she gave him a deep bow as he exited. She'd like to see all the members of the Regiment, just to convince herself they were really alright, but in particular looked for Arthur among the shifting crowd.
[VIOLET]
[VIOLET]

Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:46 pm

Arthur had long since gotten back up after being greeted by the medics-- he'd given them some brief trouble ( "A 'punctured lung'? What on Earth do you mean? If there's a hole in it, stitch it together! I don't mind..." he muttered indistinctly, before pausing, biting his lip, and shaking his head, making some noise reminiscent of an apology, ) but managed to accept one of their hands to slowly stand back up. Just getting up, he felt a strange lack of strength in his knees, a vague lightheadedness... nothing he couldn't walk through, but it was a feeling of weakness that he didn't quite yet know how to battle through.

He took a deep breath...

In addition to the news of his state of health, the mercenary also seemed a little distracted- remaining quiet as he gathered his scattered belongings from the muck and lumbered towards the gate. With his clothes completely soaked in septic fluid, he'd decided to leave his jacket and shirt behind for the time being- his hair, however... he'd have to work on that later. Still damp and a little sticky, it was all he could do to keep himself from taking his sword and cutting off the good majority of it. That didn't seem like a bad idea, though...

"....ma..s...r.. ... ou... .you al...ght...?" :

Seeing Candice's familiar face sailing his way through the crowd, though, seemed to light him up a little again- flashing a tired but mischievous smirk, he continued steadily on his own way until they crossed paths.

"Didn't think you lot would get to see me with my show persona," he began quietly, the reduced force of his voice hovering carefully above a gravelly edge- and chuckled. "Not like I'll have a use for it anymore, after this. Hah. Good-"

-he paused, lifting a silent breath; his smile faltered with a flash of frustration, but he soon recovered. "-good riddance. Now, I don't want any training missions where I have to act like that again, so don't get any funny ideas."
Aeront
Aeront
Admin

Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:20 pm
>Location: Castle High's Gates

Though Candice initially looked upon Arthur with worried sympathy, it gave way to a look that appeared a bit too stern to not be forced. She shook her head with disbelief, "And to think, for just a moment, I actually worried about you. Is everything really just a joke to you?! You contract pulmonary fibrosis, and I'm sure you're just going to stand there half-naked and tell me how manly you are to grin and bear it, and how a 'delicate woman' like me couldn't possibly understand! You're just so--"

She closed her eyes and took a breath, trying to compose herself. When her eyes opened again, she'd hardened that stern look. "Arthur, I'm informing you that I am requesting your removal from Regiment 1-31. You have proven yourself to not only be a danger to yourself, but to your comrades." She waved her arm out at the entering forces, "Did you even think about them when you pulled that maneuver of yours!? We're incredibly fortunate you didn't end up crippling half the army! I cannot in good conscious allow you to act within the castle's most vital Regiment with such behavior." She raised her chin slightly, looking off to her side, "I'll be requesting Russel move you to the Research and Development Division to help in construction efforts. I simply wished to give you the courtesy of informing you beforehand."

[VIOLET]
[VIOLET]

Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:16 am

"Oh?" He started, his relaxed demeanor faltering a little-- in its place rose a careful, quiet poise. "First of all, I'm shirtless this time because I was just drenched in shit. If I could take off my pants, too, I would, but that's obviously not an option in this setting."

He crossed his arms, peering down his nose at the officer with an arched eyebrow. "I've never said anything to the effect of undermining you for your womanhood either. If anything, I'm puzzled I have to explain anything to someone as smart and perceptive as you- I barely know how to read, but even I know that aberrants are to be expected in any group of people who all allegedly woke up here at complete random. If you were expecting trouble from me before, you should have moved me sooner- and if you're going to lecture me about my behaviour, don't add your baseless conjectures to the mix. There's plenty other things to complain about."

"Second of all... maybe you didn't notice from your little perch in the tower, but-- 'our' castle was this close to becoming pile of rubble. If you fall behind in a fight, you make up for the distance before the enemy gains too much momentum for the battle to be salvaged in your favour. How many people are in there? Forty eight or so noncombatants? What about you?" He scowled. "I don't typically operate in places where I have to consider that many people, but between us and them, there are those who can stand to take a hit and those who were just sitting defenseless in a building half ready to collapse the next time someone had the chance to fling another one of us at it like a child with a tantrum."

As he continued, his form seemed to elevate- his back straight, shoulders strong, chin angling subtly upward in turn with Candice's posture.

"If you people want me to follow some arbitary guideline for fighting that involves me compromising what only makes sense to me in favour of saving the tails of people who already came here under the impression that they were putting their bodies at risk, tell me what to do, instead of letting me run around like it's a free-for-all whilst expecting me to be some kind of altruistic defender of all that is good in this world!"

"Gods be damned- I've only returned to mercenary work after six years of watching the days go by in a dusty workshop, because the only person in the world who could tolerate living with me hanged himself!" He growled- a shadow of... something else-- flashing across his features in the wake of his now open frustration. "What kind of person were you-- ngh--" huff- "-supposing I was?! I'm, just, trying to help. For once..."

His expression growing sour and tired, he turned his head back down to be slightly more level with her again- at least, as level as they could be with their height disparity, pausing to catch his breath. "I'll work wherever I'm put so long as I've got food and a place to sleep. It doesn't matter. Long as we're due to pass by the ocean, one day or another, and I get to pay my dues. However-- I won't just stand idle and let you accuse me of something you made up entirely in your head."

Finally, he turned away as well, though still maintained eye contact from the corner of his vision. "Now, Officer, is there anything else you want to say to me while I'm being marinated in sweat and piss? Or can I go and take a shower?"
Aeront
Aeront
Admin

Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:13 pm
"Oh gnarly, Vince!" comes an excited-yet-laid-back voice: Geller waves at the pyromancer, pushing his way through the crowd to approach him. "What's up broseph? I heard about some of the killer stuff you were up to from some of the boys: dude, absorbing someone else's fire to throw it back at them?" His eyes rolled back as he put up to sign-of-the-horns with his hands. "Riiighteooouuss! Oh, but I totes got someone you gotta meet!"

"Your work was certainly a sight,'" agrees Corbin, stepping out from behind Geller. The navigator's eyes carry a deep weight as he looks over Vince with mild amusement, a smoke in one of his hands. "Elemental mages these days are... certainly a sight to see." He gives Geller a tap with his empty hand, "I've been asking Gellerand here about the idea of creating a few Siege Regiments, and your name was at the top of his list: I suppose I can see why now." Corbin takes a long drag from his cigarette, offering one from his box to Vince. "Of course, since you're in Regiment 1-31, I can't quite ask you to join it yourself, but," he shrugs, "well, who knows. It might be good for those I recruit to hear from someone with some talent in the matter."

"Oh, tooootally old dude!" Geller agrees, "My broski Vince here's got gnarly destruction in his blood!"

Not quite one to match the lightning mage's energy, Corbin simply replies, "Quite."
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum