Log in
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

View the whole list

January 2019
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
 123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
28293031   

Calendar


Share
Go down
avatar
Posts : 24
Join date : 2018-08-05
Age : 24
Location : Maryland
View user profilehttp://roph2.freeforums.net/

Raid on Phoenix Hill III Wave Thread: -Campground Concern-

on Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:04 pm
First topic message reminder :

It's been a long and trudging month leading up, but you've finally made it to December. You're now in the month of the Winter Solstice, and the ensuing celebrations designed to ward off the evils of the ever-growing night skies...beautiful though they may be, star-studded with tales of glory and war.

You hear a burbling stream, but something else catches your attention; but before you can react, light flares, and your surroundings melt away as if wiped by a wet sponge. Before reality can be dried off, however, it  once again solidifies around you. You're standing in a field at twilight, along with four others. One of them is pulling a handheld crossbow from a hip holster - a sleek one, at that - and aiming dead ahead. Besides him, the others look just as confused as you feel.

With a sinking sensation in your gut, your eyes flick back to the crossbowman, then to the direction he's aiming in. You see a figure rising out of the stream, wreathed in...no, made of water; a tiny machine, almost like a roomba with legs, scuttles around clutching a sturdy-looking shell to its head; but that's not what worries you.

Further afield, a hulking machine with one glowing red eye stands, rifle sweeping left and right, clearly pointed towards you and your "party", if you can call it that. Its fingers are multijointed and slim as razors; its body is black, with dark blue lines reflecting the fading light tracing its joints; and it is very clearly here for violent reasons.

Surprisingly, however, it lowers its rifle briefly and throws three capsules - out of which, light like what brought you here flares. Landing heavily, three more figures emerge - a beastly figure clad in the heaviest of Iron armor, holding a Kite Shield in one hand and a Saber in the other; a human woman in a magician's velvet cape, pointing a wand without fear; and a figure identified as an elf only by the ear-holes in her cloak's hood, as the rest of her body is sheathed in dark shadow, almost as if by magic; however, a knife glints in the darkness of her form.

And, surprisingly, a tiny gelatinous gumdrop of a thing plops down from the sky. It exudes a lustrous light as the sun sets, lighting the battlefield for all.

It doesn't look like you have much choice, overall - better make introductions quickly, if you're so inclined, because it's time to throw down!

Players & Allies:


  • Liana - 50/50 HP; Knife, Rifle.
  • Telle - 70/70 HP; Rod, Knife.
  • Skye - 65/65 HP; Saber, Crossbow.
  • Yam - 45/45 HP; Bow, Knife.
  • Derek - 70/70 HP; Crossbow, Rod.

Enemies:


  • Cycloptic - 60/60 HP; Rifle.
  • Asheeld - 65/65 HP; Saber.
  • Aligoth - 65/65 HP; Wand.
  • Nyght - 40/40 HP; Knife.
  • Shellhead - 36/36 HP; ???.
  • Riptide - 55/55 HP; ???.
  • Jelustrous - 6/6HP; ???.

Attack Order:


  • Enemy Nyght, Order 22
  • Player Yam, Order 19
  • Player Liana, Order 14
  • Player Telle, Order 10
  • Enemies Aligoth, Shellhead, and Cycloptic; Ally Derek; Order 8
  • Enemy Riptide, Order 6
  • Enemy Asheeld, Order 4
  • Enemy Jelustrous, Order 3
  • Player Skye, Order 2

Objective:


  • Rout the enemy, however you can!



Last edited by LadyRena on Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

avatar
Posts : 24
Join date : 2018-08-05
Age : 24
Location : Maryland
View user profilehttp://roph2.freeforums.net/

Re: Raid on Phoenix Hill III Wave Thread: -Campground Concern-

on Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:05 pm
=====SEPARATOR POST: WAVE 2 INCOMING!=====
avatar
Posts : 24
Join date : 2018-08-05
Age : 24
Location : Maryland
View user profilehttp://roph2.freeforums.net/

Re: Raid on Phoenix Hill III Wave Thread: -Campground Concern-

on Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:17 pm
So, you've all had a sit down, chatted, drank some tea - it's all going oh so swimmingly, isn't it? Or it was, up until the sun peeked over the trees and there were five more flashes of light.

Suddenly, you were surrounded - an Elvish Whisper with fists wrapped in splintering wood to your North, a robed Pupil cracking open a Tome to your South, a creaking Wood Elemental to your East, and an absolutely gigantic Jel to the West. Cantering around them, a Crossbow-wielding Centaur with a wicked """knife""" strapped to its side rides in wide circles, preventing escape.

And just as you can't see any way for this to get worse, you get the undeniable urge to build a campground. Yes, now.

Players & Allies:

Liana:


  • Health - 61/61
  • Main Weapon - Darkness Shiv +2
  • Subweapon - Bone Rifle +1
  • Items - Chamomile Tea[HP+25%]
  • Skills - N/A

Telle:


  • Health - 85/85
  • Main Weapon - Bronze Rod +1
  • Subweapon - Bone Knife +1
  • Items - Chamomile Tea[HP+25%]
  • Skills - Health Link, Intimidate

Skye:


  • Health - 79/79
  • Main Weapon - Bronze Saber +1
  • Subweapon - Bone Crossbow +1
  • Items - Chamomile Tea[HP+25%]
  • Skills - N/A

Yam:


  • Health - 55/55
  • Main Weapon - Bronze Bow +1
  • Subweapon - Bone Knife +1
  • Items - Chamomile Tea[HP+25%]
  • Skills - Irrigate, Spur Plantlife

Derek:


  • Health - 85/85
  • Main Weapon - Sleek Crossbow +1
  • Subweapon - Bone Rod +1
  • Items - Blood Beryl
  • Skills - Command Undead, Weak Revival

Enemies:

Firlow:


  • Health - 75/75
  • Main Weapon - Iron Rod +1
  • Subweapon - N/A
  • Items - N/A
  • Skills - Wild Breath, Regenerate

Jambo:


  • Health - 79/79
  • Main Weapon - Bronze Tome +3
  • Subweapon - Bone Club +1
  • Items - Hand Grenade
  • Skills - Firebolt, Lightning Strike

JamBRO!:


  • Health - 18/18
  • Main Weapon - Stolen Iron Wand
  • Subweapon - N/A
  • Items - N/A
  • Skills - Bodyslam, Melt, Reform

Doug:


  • Health - 123/123
  • Main Weapon - Bronze Crossbow +3
  • Subweapon - Bone Knife +5
  • Items - N/A
  • Skills - Jumbo Swing, Bodyslam, Trample

Lily:


  • Health - 48/48
  • Main Weapon - Unarmed
  • Items - Throwing Knife[x3]
  • Skills - Maestro, Triple Combo, Rapid Stream

Attack Order:


  • Player Yam, Order 23
  • Enemy Lily, Order 19
  • Player Liana, Order 18
  • Player Telle, Order 12
  • Ally Derek, Order 12
  • Enemy Jambo, Order 10
  • Enemy Doug, Order 7
  • Enemy Firlow, Order 4
  • Player Skye, Order 3
  • Enemy JamBRO!, Order 1

Objective:


  • Construct a Campground! - Yes, you really have to do this. While in combat. Ganbatte!
  • Route the Enemy Forces! - 0/5 routed!



Last edited by LadyRena on Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Posts : 22
Join date : 2018-08-05
View user profile

Re: Raid on Phoenix Hill III Wave Thread: -Campground Concern-

on Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:28 pm
...I can wait until later! Liana thought. Need to defend myself against these enemies, for now...

"Listen up, you donkey ass!" Liana laughed as she turned towards Doug. "I don't know about you, but I'm not too big of a fan of being ambushed. How about we get even?"

Liana: Fire rifle at Doug's legs, aiming to immobilize him. Then, run up and Blind him using the Darkness Shiv. Try to Steal something from him.
avatar
Posts : 42
Join date : 2018-08-04
Age : 21
Location : Not the mountains
View user profilehttps://www.project-siege.weebly.com

Re: Raid on Phoenix Hill III Wave Thread: -Campground Concern-

on Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:47 am
"Another set of unwanted guests...?" Telle had to shake her head as the set of lights flashed downward, revealing a new group of assailants. "And to think that the Paladin was the most of our worries for today..."

She stood up, twirling in a pirouette with her rod right by her side, as a circle of magic formed around her. "Well, I suppose it won't do to leave the proper arrangements out of place. I am curious, however..."

>Telle: Cast a spell to create a large barrier or earth around the party in an attempt to stop any initial onslaught; then cast Gaiahold on Lily; then Intimidate Jambo, trying to get the tome-wielder to spit out the intentions of these new assailants.

"You seem like a practitioner of magic, so perhaps you know something about these circumstances. Before we remove you from these grounds, do you have anything you would like to convey to us about the current situation...?"
avatar
Posts : 42
Join date : 2018-08-04
Age : 18
View user profile

Re: Raid on Phoenix Hill III Wave Thread: -Campground Concern-

on Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:33 pm
In addition to all his sensors going wild upon the arrival of these new monsters, Skye was also suddenly overcome with a sense of nostalgia... A peaceful spot at the top of a hill, two foldable tents, a pile of comic books... and his dear, strange brother.

>Skye: Plant sword in the ground, overloading his circuits and sacrificing a medium portion of HP to imbue the ground with a field of energy that will grant allies additional power while they stand within it.

He knew his fair share of enemies-- defenders of honor and light... Before teatime, for a moment, he saw a faint golden glow in the shieldsman's eyes... and saw a familiar face. Perhaps it was the stress of battle, or the demonic presence that now clung to him-- but a deep, resounding cry, laden with static, soon escaped his speakers as his circuits burst with energy:


"...RRRRRGH...NNNGAAAAAAH! LUNALIIIIGHT!"
avatar
Posts : 24
Join date : 2018-08-05
Age : 24
Location : Maryland
View user profilehttp://roph2.freeforums.net/

Re: Raid on Phoenix Hill III Wave Thread: -Campground Concern-

on Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:12 pm
I'm not feeling up to prose today...sorry. And sorry this is so late.

  • Player Yam idles thrice.
  • Enemy Lily throws a knife at Yam, hitting her in the arm for 20 damage. Lily then rushes Telle and uses Rapid Stream, delivering a series of weak punches. Due to a critical, damage is 8*4=32 damage! Woah! Lily idles for her third action.
  • Player Liana manages to use Kneebuster on Doug, immobilizing him until he receives proper medical attention. This only really worked because he's a horseman. She then critically blinds him with the Darkness Shiv, causing a dark claw to permanently cover his eyes, and obtains a Grade-A Item via Steal. This item is currently unidentified and may be looked over later.
  • Player Telle creates a waist-high Earthen Wall around the party, preventing easy approach. She then casts Gaiahold on Lily with a Break Roll of 52 or higher, and completely fails to intimidate Jambo who bursts out laughing at her expense. Telle flushes with embarrassment.
  • Ally Derek fires a critical bolt at Firlow, dealing 80 damage. However, he's still not fully up to scratch, and idles for his next two actions.
  • Enemy Jambo is too busy laughing to do anything. So...good, job?
  • Enemy Doug is too busy screaming in pain and fear to do anything. Wow.
  • Enemy Firlow is dead. RANDOM CRIIIITS!
  • Player Skye screams to the high heavens and casts Lunalight, empowering allies' next successful actions by roughly 20% in exchange for 20% HP.
  • Enemy JamBRO! is super pissed at being ignored, and uses its Stolen Iron Wand to deal 13 damage to Liana. It them furiously bodyslams in to Telle, to no effect. It spends its last action practically frothing at its nonexisting mouth, a vague humming noise emanating from its body. This little dude has some serious issues.

Players & Allies:

Liana:


  • Health - 48/61
  • Main Weapon - Darkness Shiv +2
  • Subweapon - Bone Rifle +1
  • Items - Chamomile Tea[HP+25%]
  • Skills - N/A

Telle:


  • Health - 53/85
  • Main Weapon - Bronze Rod +1
  • Subweapon - Bone Knife +1
  • Items - Chamomile Tea[HP+25%]
  • Skills - Health Link, Intimidate

Skye:


  • Health - 63/79
  • Main Weapon - Bronze Saber +1
  • Subweapon - Bone Crossbow +1
  • Items - Chamomile Tea[HP+25%]
  • Skills - N/A

Yam:


  • Health - 35/55
  • Main Weapon - Bronze Bow +1
  • Subweapon - Bone Knife +1
  • Items - Chamomile Tea[HP+25%]
  • Skills - Irrigate, Spur Plantlife

Derek:


  • Health - 85/85
  • Main Weapon - Sleek Crossbow +1
  • Subweapon - Bone Rod +1
  • Items - Blood Beryl
  • Skills - Command Undead, Weak Revival

Enemies:

Firlow{DEAD}:


  • Health - 0/75
  • Main Weapon - Iron Rod +1
  • Subweapon - N/A
  • Items - N/A
  • Skills - Wild Breath, Regenerate

Jambo:


  • Health - 79/79
  • Main Weapon - Bronze Tome +3
  • Subweapon - Bone Club +1
  • Items - Hand Grenade
  • Skills - Firebolt, Lightning Strike

JamBRO!:


  • Health - 18/18
  • Main Weapon - Stolen Iron Wand
  • Subweapon - N/A
  • Items - N/A
  • Skills - Bodyslam, Melt, Reform

Doug:


  • Health - 123/123
  • Main Weapon - Bronze Crossbow +3
  • Subweapon - Bone Knife +5
  • Items - N/A
  • Skills - Jumbo Swing, Bodyslam, Trample
  • Status - Immobile, Blind, Terrified

Lily:


  • Health - 48/48
  • Main Weapon - Unarmed
  • Items - Throwing Knife[x3]
  • Skills - Maestro, Triple Combo, Rapid Stream

Attack Order:


  • Player Yam, Order 23
  • Enemy Lily, Order 19
  • Player Liana, Order 18
  • Player Telle, Order 12
  • Ally Derek, Order 12
  • Enemy Jambo, Order 10
  • Enemy Doug, Order 7
  • Player Skye, Order 3
  • Enemy JamBRO!, Order 1

Objective:


  • Construct a Campground! - Yes, you really have to do this. While in combat. Ganbatte!
  • Route the Enemy Forces! -1/5 routed!



Last edited by LadyRena on Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:09 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Posts : 22
Join date : 2018-08-05
View user profile

Re: Raid on Phoenix Hill III Wave Thread: -Campground Concern-

on Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:35 pm
No prose, only pain.
Liana: Fire rifle at Jambo. Walk up to him, stab him, and steal his Hand Grenade.
avatar
Posts : 42
Join date : 2018-08-04
Age : 21
Location : Not the mountains
View user profilehttps://www.project-siege.weebly.com

Re: Raid on Phoenix Hill III Wave Thread: -Campground Concern-

on Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:12 am
"W-Why you--!" Doing her best to pretend blood wasn't rushing to her face, the witch brushed the ineffective weight of JamBRO! off of her and marched furiously towards Jambo, pulling the tome-wielder close to her and aiming a furiously pointed, but half-flustered stare.

"I ought to teach you proper manners for soiling my pride, but if you truly wish a violent confrontation, I'll have you pay in full--!"

>Telle: Cast Siphon on Jambo; then cast Siphon on Jambo; then cast Siphon on Jambo. If Jambo can no longer be targeted, switch the target of all remaining actions to next non-immobilized enemy with the lowest HP, if any exist.

"Now then... would any of you enlighten us properly as to your motivations?"
avatar
Posts : 12
Join date : 2018-08-05
Age : 21
Location : hell
View user profile

Re: Raid on Phoenix Hill III Wave Thread: -Campground Concern-

on Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:03 pm
"...Hn." Yam carefully plucked the throwing knife out of her bicep, wincing only slightly at the crimson hue of its blade. Perhaps she should have taken more interest in the sudden appearance of a bunch of marauders, but she'd been busy being consumed by the strange desire to build a campfire.

Well, she could always do both.

>Yam: Cast a necrotic wave into Lily and her immediate surroundings, effectively creating a circle of dead, dry, flammable grass around her; the Gaiahold restraining her would likely dry out and harden as well, becoming at least adjacent to firewood. Then, ask the Earth to create a wall around the designated campfire-area, repurposing a portion of Telle's if necessary. Finally, fire an arrow into the stone in an attempt to produce a spark which will light the blaze.
avatar
Posts : 42
Join date : 2018-08-04
Age : 18
View user profile

Re: Raid on Phoenix Hill III Wave Thread: -Campground Concern-

Yesterday at 12:52 am
"Hrgh..."

>Skye: Employing his boosters to take the leap as soon as possible, place self in front of Yam and prepare to defend against all incoming attacks.

SKYE'S DEFAULTS:

*Hurry in front of the party member with the lowest HP [amount, not percentage] and prepare to intercept and counter incoming attacks.
avatar
Posts : 24
Join date : 2018-08-05
Age : 24
Location : Maryland
View user profilehttp://roph2.freeforums.net/

Re: Raid on Phoenix Hill III Wave Thread: -Campground Concern-

Today at 10:13 am

  • Player Skye engages his Rocket Boost, leaping in front of Yam to defend her.
  • Player Yam casts Necrotic Wave, deadening the battlefield. Lily breaks free of the now useless Gaiahold, but not before Yam raises a small campfire pit around her. Then, she fires an arrow in to the stony roots, sparking a fire under Lily. Lily is aggro'd to Yam!
  • Enemy Lily rushes Yam, but is blocked by one burly, mechanical arm on her shoulder. She's still quite angry and tries to push past, but Skye remains in the way. Lily sulks. While on fire, taking 10 damage each turn.
  • Player Liana fires her Rifle at Jambo for 24 damage, then stabs him for 23 damage, and then steals his Hand Grenade and, due to a crit, takes the Tome right out of his hands. What'cha gonna do about it, buddy?
  • Player Telle casts Siphon twice, failing a third cast, and drains Jambo of 20% of his Max HP. She doesn't need the heals right now, though.
  • Ally Derek dejectedly puts down Firlow. One bolt to the head later, and that damned screaming stops.
  • Enemy Jambo angrily slaps Telle with his club for a critical hit of 44 damage.
  • Enemy JamBRO! is super confused, between its rage, Telle ignoring it, and Jambo not giving it orders.

Players & Allies:

Liana:


  • Health - 48/61
  • Main Weapon - Darkness Shiv +2
  • Subweapon - Bone Rifle +1
  • Items - Chamomile Tea[HP+25%], Hand Grenade[20dmg], Bronze Tome +3
  • Skills - N/A

Telle:


  • Health - 9/85
  • Main Weapon - Bronze Rod +1
  • Subweapon - Bone Knife +1
  • Items - Chamomile Tea[HP+25%]
  • Skills - Health Link, Intimidate

Skye:


  • Health - 63/79
  • Main Weapon - Bronze Saber +1
  • Subweapon - Bone Crossbow +1
  • Items - Chamomile Tea[HP+25%]
  • Skills - N/A

Yam:


  • Health - 35/55
  • Main Weapon - Bronze Bow +1
  • Subweapon - Bone Knife +1
  • Items - Chamomile Tea[HP+25%]
  • Skills - Irrigate, Spur Plantlife

Derek:


  • Health - 85/85
  • Main Weapon - Sleek Crossbow +1
  • Subweapon - Bone Rod +1
  • Items - Blood Beryl
  • Skills - Command Undead, Weak Revival

Enemies:

Firlow{DEAD}:


  • Health - 0/75
  • Main Weapon - Iron Rod +1
  • Subweapon - N/A
  • Items - N/A
  • Skills - Wild Breath, Regenerate

Jambo:


  • Health - 32/79
  • Main Weapon - N/A
  • Subweapon - Bone Club +1
  • Items - Hand Grenade
  • Skills - Firebolt, Lightning Strike

JamBRO!:


  • Health - 18/18
  • Main Weapon - Stolen Iron Wand
  • Subweapon - N/A
  • Items - N/A
  • Skills - Bodyslam, Melt, Reform

Doug:


  • Health - 123/123
  • Main Weapon - Bronze Crossbow +3
  • Subweapon - Bone Knife +5
  • Items - N/A
  • Skills - Jumbo Swing, Bodyslam, Trample
  • Status - Immobile, Blind, Terrified

Lily:


  • Health - 38/48
  • Main Weapon - Unarmed
  • Items - Throwing Knife[x3]
  • Skills - Maestro, Triple Combo, Rapid Stream
  • Status On Fire!

Attack Order:


  • Player Yam, Order 23
  • Enemy Lily, Order 19
  • Player Liana, Order 18
  • Player Telle, Order 12
  • Ally Derek, Order 12
  • Enemy Jambo, Order 10
  • Player Skye, Order 3
  • Enemy JamBRO!, Order 1

Objective:


  • Construct a Campground! - Yes, you really have to do this. While in combat. Ganbatte!
  • Route the Enemy Forces! -1/5 routed!

Sponsored content

Re: Raid on Phoenix Hill III Wave Thread: -Campground Concern-

Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum