Log in
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

View the whole list

December 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
     12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31      

Calendar


Share
Go down
avatar
Posts : 11
Join date : 2018-08-05
Age : 24
Location : Maryland
View user profilehttp://roph2.freeforums.net/

Raid on Phoenix Hill III -Combat Incarnate-

on Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:04 pm
It's been a long and trudging month leading up, but you've finally made it to December. You're now in the month of the Winter Solstice, and the ensuing celebrations designed to ward off the evils of the ever-growing night skies...beautiful though they may be, star-studded with tales of glory and war.

You hear a burbling stream, but something else catches your attention; but before you can react, light flares, and your surroundings melt away as if wiped by a wet sponge. Before reality can be dried off, however, it  once again solidifies around you. You're standing in a field at twilight, along with four others. One of them is pulling a handheld crossbow from a hip holster - a sleek one, at that - and aiming dead ahead. Besides him, the others look just as confused as you feel.

With a sinking sensation in your gut, your eyes flick back to the crossbowman, then to the direction he's aiming in. You see a figure rising out of the stream, wreathed in...no, made of water; a tiny machine, almost like a roomba with legs, scuttles around clutching a sturdy-looking shell to its head; but that's not what worries you.

Further afield, a hulking machine with one glowing red eye stands, rifle sweeping left and right, clearly pointed towards you and your "party", if you can call it that. Its fingers are multijointed and slim as razors; its body is black, with dark blue lines reflecting the fading light tracing its joints; and it is very clearly here for violent reasons.

Surprisingly, however, it lowers its rifle briefly and throws three capsules - out of which, light like what brought you here flares. Landing heavily, three more figures emerge - a beastly figure clad in the heaviest of Iron armor, holding a Kite Shield in one hand and a Saber in the other; a human woman in a magician's velvet cape, pointing a wand without fear; and a figure identified as an elf only by the ear-holes in her cloak's hood, as the rest of her body is sheathed in dark shadow, almost as if by magic; however, a knife glints in the darkness of her form.

And, surprisingly, a tiny gelatinous gumdrop of a thing plops down from the sky. It exudes a lustrous light as the sun sets, lighting the battlefield for all.

It doesn't look like you have much choice, overall - better make introductions quickly, if you're so inclined, because it's time to throw down!

Players & Allies:


  • Liana - 50/50 HP; Knife, Rifle.
  • Telle - 70/70 HP; Rod, Knife.
  • Skye - 65/65 HP; Saber, Crossbow.
  • Yam - 45/45 HP; Bow, Knife.
  • Derek - 70/70 HP; Crossbow, Rod.

Enemies:


  • Cycloptic - 60/60 HP; Rifle.
  • Asheeld - 65/65 HP; Saber.
  • Aligoth - 65/65 HP; Wand.
  • Nyght - 40/40 HP; Knife.
  • Shellhead - 36/36 HP; ???.
  • Riptide - 55/55 HP; ???.
  • Jelustrous - 6/6HP; ???.

Attack Order:


  • Enemy Nyght, Order 22
  • Player Yam, Order 19
  • Player Liana, Order 14
  • Player Telle, Order 10
  • Enemies Aligoth, Shellhead, and Cycloptic; Ally Derek; Order 8
  • Enemy Riptide, Order 6
  • Enemy Asheeld, Order 4
  • Enemy Jelustrous, Order 3
  • Player Skye, Order 2

Objective:


  • Rout the enemy, however you can!


_________________

Ten thousand kills, won over a thousand deaths. Oh well, could've done better!
avatar
Posts : 12
Join date : 2018-08-05
View user profile

Re: Raid on Phoenix Hill III -Combat Incarnate-

on Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:45 pm
Currently, a small wilder is standing slack-jawed on the battlefield. She has blonde hair, pale white skin, and amber colored eyes. She has cat ears, and her hair is short and frames her head,. She appears to be a child, but the glint in her eyes suggests someone much more mature-and dangerous. Her name is Liana.
"...I am confused. And nervous. But, for the most part? Confused." Liana sighs, bending back and cradling her head in her arms. She seems to be stretching. "First off," Liana says, standing up straight again and pointing at the crossbowman, "you seem to have some idea of what is going on. Why are we here and who are they?" She says, pointing at the enemies who now faced them.
"Secondly," she says, "why did you feel the need to interrupt my morning? I was going out to get food, and suddenly you zap me onto a battlefield? There better be a damn good reason, or else you'll pay."
"Finally," she says, and this time she's looking at the cyborg. "I see that look in your eyes. You shoot to kill. Don't think that will be so easy. Might as well take some knickknacks as we get all "Die Hard" up in here."
Liana: Take out your Rifle and fire a shot at Cycloptic. Run up to him and stab him with your Knife. Rummage around in his pockets, attempting to Steal some sort of item.
OOC:
Ideally I want to target and kill enemies with low Toughness and Evasion. As a Mechanix (who have low Evasion) and a Ranger (who have low Toughness and light armor), Cycloptic is probably the easiest. We also, ideally, want to take him out as soon as possible, as he has a one hit kill ability, so I'll do the job. You guys can do whatever; I don't think we're going to require too much strategy so early on.
avatar
Posts : 7
Join date : 2018-08-05
Age : 21
Location : hell
View user profile

Re: Raid on Phoenix Hill III -Combat Incarnate-

on Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:33 pm
"...I see. So it is time for a harvest..."

Yam was steady in her stance, bow drawn to its fullest extent, amber-gold hair waving in the breeze like an ocean of wheat, dark eyes scanning over her designated targets, brown, freckled skin flexing as her footing shifted almost imperceptibly. Who first?

The magician. Those were usually the most dangerous. If she held the ability to heal...

The arrow flew, eagle-quick. Scarcely a moment passed before she had readied another, but to this one she whispered something strange; and then she loose'd it into the ground between the two teams. Should everything go smoothly, the soil there would become fertile, making it easier for her to summon crops in that area. Finally, she gestured with her arm, and a spirit rose up from the earth and coiled around it. The thing was a translucent yellow, and had the appearance of something between a tuber and a worm; if one of her allies in this battle took injury, she would use its power to heal them.

>Yam: Attack Aligoth with your bow; attempt to use an Ability to make the ground more suitable for summoning crops in the future; and heal whichever ally is most injured after all of the enemies have finished their turns.
avatar
Posts : 35
Join date : 2018-08-04
Age : 18
View user profile

Re: Raid on Phoenix Hill III -Combat Incarnate-

on Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:29 pm
"FOOLS, THE LOT OF THEM. SUBMIT TO YOUR KING, AND LET HIM BEAR THE WEIGHT OF THIS ADVERSITY!"

Skye's glowing red gaze flicks back and forth around the battlefield for just a half second, data pouring down the sides of his vision as he was forced to readjust to his new surroundings... and with a mechanical, steaming hiss, his heavy armored legs started forward, one after the other. Before anything else, he rocketed in front of and just to the side of Yam, such that he wouldn't impede her vision, and prepared himself to brace any damage coming her way... Behind his shield, he prepared his heavy crossbow and watched the battlefield closely...

>Skye: Attempt to prepare to protect Yam as soon as possible by rocketing to her side, and fire Crossbow at the enemy with the least amount of HP at the end of the turn, but not Jellustrous. Very subtly, in such a way that enemies or allies will definitely not notice, coo very nicely at Jellustrous and try to befriend it.

~SICK GUITAR RIFF~
avatar
Posts : 32
Join date : 2018-08-04
Age : 21
Location : Not the mountains
View user profilehttps://www.project-siege.weebly.com

Re: Raid on Phoenix Hill III -Combat Incarnate-

on Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:16 pm
"My, what an unsightly way to introduce yourselves." A stately woman in dark indigo robes stepped forward, facing the one-eyed machine and his assortment of marauders. She adjusted the wide-brimmed pastel-white hat that sat on top of her pale-blonde locks of hair, tilting it to barely obscure her eyes from a head-on observer, while still giving her clear vision. "And during the month of the Winter Solstice, as well... It's as if you wished to cause us great offense."

A small breeze causes the woman's robes to lift for a brief second, revealing that underneath was a thin dress just slightly adorned with bits and pieces of what could have been a bronze suit of armor. A thin breastplate barely engraved with the pattern of rolling tidal waves, a singular gauntlet over her left hand. The woman withdrew something from an inner pocket before unfurling it, showing it was a simple baton-like, telescopic rod of metal. For the briefest of moments, it glowed a sky blue.

"Now then, if those are the kind of pleasantries with which you like to begin, then I hope you would not be offended if I returned in kind?" She followed up with holding the rod in front of her, something seemingly surging forward through both the ground and air..!

Telle: Attempt to cast a spell to ensnare Nyght in the ground; then attempt to cast another spell that summons a mist to obscure the vision of Cycloptic; then prepare to block the next attack aimed at you.

"I apologize for meeting you all at such an inopportune moment," Telle spoke, this time to those who were fighting with her. "Perhaps after these unwanted guests are disposed of, we can introduce each other more properly, maybe over tea?"
avatar
Posts : 11
Join date : 2018-08-05
Age : 24
Location : Maryland
View user profilehttp://roph2.freeforums.net/

Re: Raid on Phoenix Hill III -Combat Incarnate-

on Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:36 am
"FOOLS, THE LOT OF THEM. SUBMIT TO YOUR KING, AND LET HIM BEAR THE WEIGHT OF THIS ADVERSITY!"
The voice belonged to Skye, who was clearly unbothered by this sudden change of locale. Activating Rocket Roll, he springs across the battlefield and to Yam's side, placing his mighty body between the elf and their adversaries.

However, it seems he need not have worried - the enemy of darkness, Nyght, charges forward at the crossbowman, hissing words almost unheard...but heard they were.


"Come, Derek, come to me! Come to death! Come to Nyght!"

...Well. Lovely. How about that? She slashes this Derek twice, across the chest, only for an arrow to whisk past her shoulder and embed itself in Aligoth - a crackshot from Yam, who then said something about a harvest and extended one hand, chanting arcanely. However, though the vision of all present darkened for a second, only weeds sprouted...

Well then. Yam, not fool enough to ignore the wounds of those on her side, casts Heal on Derek, restoring the damage done by the knife wounds, and causing Nyght to hiss and turn a hateful gaze her way.

Meanwhile, slightly further back, Liana is hefting her rifle.


"I see that look in your eyes. You shoot to kill. Don't think that will be so easy. Might as well take some knickknacks as we get all "Die Hard" up in here."

Aiming carefully, Liana squeezes the trigger, crosshairs dead on Cycloptic, who doesn't even flinch as the slug slams home and tears a hole in his chassis. Not satisfied with the size of the hole, Liana then charges forward, drawing her knife, and stabs Cycloptic directly in his metallic throat, causing some viscous black fluid to leak out. The machine stumbles backwards, but it's not over - Liana spotted an open panel on his leg, and with one quick, dexterous movement, obtains a Polishing Kit, which will upgrade an item by +1 - and if you're lucky, by +3.

Not one to allow allies to be taken down by the foolish and rude, Telle immediately casts Gaiahold on Nyght, forcing her to lay parallel to the ground, ensnared in countless jungle vines; before anyone can so much as blink, she immediately turns and casts Fog of War on Cycloptic, preventing normal attack use!

And now it's Derek's turn. Firing magic-laced bolts from his sleek crossbow, he manages to land two picture-perfect shots on Shellhead, causing the small machine to explode, sending its shell spiraling in to the air, which he reaches out and grabs. Cycloptic seems to do something through the mist, but it's hard to tell what. Regardless, he doesn't attack in any way or form.

Aligoth claps her cheeks with her hands and casts Fireball on Derek, singing his beard and armhairs pretty bad, while her partner Asheeld simply raises his mighty shield and defends.

The water elemental Riptide sinks back in to the stream, hiding away; and at last, Jelustrous begins to bob up and down, almost like it's dancing. Admiring the small creature, Skye coos adoringly at it...only for it to hiss and bodyslam him. It clearly does not appreciate being treated like the adorable blob of jelly that it is. Sighing, Skye turns his attention to Cycloptic, who is badly wounded. It's a little hard to aim through the Fog of War, but he manages a shot, finishing the machine assassin off.

Players & Allies:


  • Liana - 50/50 HP; Knife, Rifle.
  • Telle - 70/70 HP; Rod, Knife.
  • Skye - 65/65 HP; Saber, Crossbow.
  • Yam - 45/45 HP; Bow, Knife.
  • Derek - 60/70 HP; Crossbow, Rod.

Enemies:


  • Asheeld - 65/65 HP; Saber.
  • Aligoth - 49/65 HP; Wand.
  • Nyght - 40/40 HP; Knife; Bound - cannot act.
  • Riptide - 55/55 HP; ???.
  • Jelustrous - 6/6HP; ???.

Attack Order:


  • Enemy Nyght, Order 22
  • Player Yam, Order 19
  • Player Liana, Order 14
  • Player Telle, Order 10
  • Enemies Aligoth; Ally Derek; Order 8
  • Enemy Riptide, Order 6
  • Enemy Asheeld, Order 4
  • Enemy Jelustrous, Order 3
  • Player Skye, Order 2

Objective:


  • Rout the enemy, however you can!


_________________

Ten thousand kills, won over a thousand deaths. Oh well, could've done better!
avatar
Posts : 12
Join date : 2018-08-05
View user profile

Re: Raid on Phoenix Hill III -Combat Incarnate-

on Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:06 pm
"Hey, I'm up for tea." Liana said. "There better be sugar, though." She muttered. "Perhaps then we could talk with the crossbowman over there. I see he isn't answering." She sighed. "Probably not the best time, I figure. Let's just finish off these assholes." Liana cocked her gun. "I'll get to work."
Liana: Fire your rifle at Aligoth, before running up and stabbing Nyght. Steal something from her, too.
avatar
Posts : 7
Join date : 2018-08-05
Age : 21
Location : hell
View user profile

Re: Raid on Phoenix Hill III -Combat Incarnate-

on Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:14 pm
"...Tea would be nice," Yam said, carefully eyeing the battlefield. That assassin character seemed vulnerable, and the vines surrounding her might make a good vector of attack. On the other hand, that watery fellow just disappearing like that was worrying. After that last attempt of hers didn't work out so well, though, it might be folly to attempt to catch two birds in one stone. Hmm.

Half-absentmindedly, another spirit crawled up to her forearm, deep orange, somewhere between a lizard and a grub. She made up her mind; two separate spells, then.

She twisted her hand, and a strange, necrotic energy pulsed out from it and attempted to envelop Nyght; should everything go well, the elf would find her life's energy draining from her into the vines she was grappling with. Then, Yam moved her arm in a low sweep, attempting to increase the water absorption of the soil around the stream the water elemental had slunk off into. Hopefully, that would make it more difficult for it to hide, and maybe even sap off some of its mass.

>Yam: Attempt to siphon some of Nyght's life energy into the Gaiahold entangling her; attempt to leech some of the stream, and the water elemental hiding in it, into the surrounding soil; prepare to heal whichever ally is most damaged after all other actions have been processed. IF Nyght has already freed herself from the vines when Yam's turn comes up, instead of attacking her, attempt to summon wolfspiders to harass Aligoth.
avatar
Posts : 35
Join date : 2018-08-04
Age : 18
View user profile

Re: Raid on Phoenix Hill III -Combat Incarnate-

on Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:36 pm
"ALAS, THESE CREATURES OF THE TWILIGHT, LIE BEYOND EVIL ITSELF, AND HENCE EVIL'S KING. SUCH IS MY FATE."

Skye sniffed, thinking quietly to himself, then returned his attention back to the battlefield... those enemies seemed especially keen on attacking Derek for some reason; and while Yam still seemed to be the most fragile among their ranks, he supposed he didn't have to keep an eye on her for the battle's entirety... Until he was more certain of the battle's turnout, however, he would continue to proceed with caution.

"TEA... WHILE NOT PARTICULARLY NUTRITIOUS FOR MY KIND, IS PREFERABLE TO DEFROSTING AGENTS AFTER SPENDING MUCH TIME TRAVELING THROUGH THE SNOW..."

>Skye: Remain by Yam and prepare to defend and counter attacks coming their way Also apologize to Jellustrous if talking to Derek doesn't take time

Skye called out to Derek, deciding it to be prudent to assess their situation: "CROSSBOW-BEARER, TELL ME THIS: WHAT IS THEIR PROBLEM WITH YOU?"
avatar
Posts : 32
Join date : 2018-08-04
Age : 21
Location : Not the mountains
View user profilehttps://www.project-siege.weebly.com

Re: Raid on Phoenix Hill III -Combat Incarnate-

on Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:30 pm
The indigo-cloaked magician gracefully smiled. "I take it that you've all accepted my invitation. I'll have a set prepared shortly after this."

"Now then, let's show the rest of these uninvited guests the door," she continued, brandishing her rod again as several more surges of magic rushed forward. All the while, she was slowly approaching Asheeld, her eyes still covered by the brim of her hat, her mouth curved in a straight blank that still suggested hostility despite its emptiness.

"Your endeavors have proven... futile," she noted, getting closer and closer, until she could look directly into Asheeld's eyes while he still couldn't do the same. "This is checkmate. If you would please forfeit your weapon and ask forgiveness?"

>Telle: If Nyght is still standing and Bound by Gaiahold, cast a spell that causes the vines around her to violently strangle her, else cast a spell on Aligoth that puts her in a sleepy stupor; then grimly intimidate Asheeld into surrendering; then if Asheeld is about to attack me, prepare to dodge and retaliate with stabbing his back with the Bone Knife, else prepare to block the next attack aimed at me.
avatar
Posts : 11
Join date : 2018-08-05
Age : 24
Location : Maryland
View user profilehttp://roph2.freeforums.net/

Re: Raid on Phoenix Hill III -Combat Incarnate-

on Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:33 pm
As night falls, Nyght struggles - the vines holding them, however, prove to be stronger than their lithe form, and they remain bound. Yam senses an opportunity, and casts Spore Sap on Nyght, draining 20% of their Health in to the vines, empowering the plants - and in an instant, they double in girth, becoming stronger, dragging Nyght to their knees. Afterwards, Yam sends out a spell that drains energy and water from the river that Riptide is hiding in, irrigating the area at large - turning it in to something of a marsh or swamp, even! This is clearly a force not to be meddled with, as it costs Riptide a solid third of its Health. She then remains on the lookout, waiting to heal anyone who is harmed.

Finally having a clear line of sight through all the crazy magic, Liana fires her Rifle and lands a direct shot to the throat of Aligoth, ending the magician's life with a spurt of blood. Not satisfied, she then charges the bound Nyght and brutally stabs them in the rough area where a heart should be. However, instead of gasping and dying, Nyght becomes pure shadow - all features disappear - and the blade of Liana's knife turns blacker than midnight. What just happened!?

Well, Telle's not worried about it. She strides up to Asheeld and speaks to him in a grim voice;


"Your endeavors have proven... futile." Her gaze almost met his, but not quite. Something forced the hulking man to look away, even as he was still being spoken to. "This is checkmate. If you would please forfeit your weapon and ask forgiveness?"
Maybe it was the words. Maybe it was the tone. Maybe he didn't want to be here at all, but Asheeld looked around, and saw how many of his "side" were dead. If you could see his face behind his helmet, you could probably see his emotions warring across his face - but it remained masked. To an outsider, there was just a man clad in the heaviest iron armor, wielding a Kite Shield and a Saber, unwavering, unmoving, unfeeling.

But then that mass of metal spoke...


"My lady, would that I could retreat, but mine code of honor demands I fight for those who pay the price. My name was bought and paid for in blood - I am here until the bitter end. But you...you may walk free of this battlefield. I will not harm you. Go - while you still can."

With that, he turned slowly, and began approaching the crossbowman, who was struggling to turn around. However, before Derek could turn fully towards the voices he'd heard, he snapped back to face forward, levelled his crossbow, and fired a bolt at Riptide for a devastating 70 damage, causing it to explode in to a fine mist of water vapor.

Unconcerned, Jelustrous resumes dancing, bobbing and weaving in place, causing the light that spills out of its body to undulate and falter. Though he is busy defending Yam, Skye takes a moment to make another attempt at communicating with the tiny thing...and with Derek.


"SMALL CREATURE, I MEANT YOU NO OFFENSE - I THOUGHT YOU A CHILD, BUT I SEE NOW THE MARKS OF ADULTHOOD UPON THINE GELATINOUS SKIN. I AM THE DARK KING OF ALL, AND I INTEND TO SEE TO IT THAT YOU JOIN ME. WHAT SAY YOU?"

The Jel lit up even brighter, and began hopping its way over. For whatever reason, it liked this much better than cooing.

"AND YOU - TELL ME, CROSSBOW-BEARER: WHAT IS THEIR PROBLEM WITH YOU?"

Derek once again began struggling to turn around, only to snap back, facing forward, crossbow levelled. It seemed almost as if he was unable to answer...

Players & Allies:


  • Liana - 50/50 HP; Knife, Rifle.
  • Telle - 70/70 HP; Rod, Knife.
  • Skye - 65/65 HP; Saber, Crossbow.
  • Yam - 45/45 HP; Bow, Knife.
  • Derek - 60/70 HP; Crossbow, Rod.
  • Jelustrous - 6/6HP; ???.

Enemies:


  • Asheeld - 65/65 HP; Saber.

Attack Order:


  • Player Yam, Order 19
  • Player Liana, Order 14
  • Player Telle, Order 10
  • Ally Derek; Order 8
  • Enemy Asheeld, Order 4
  • Ally Jelustrous, Order 3
  • Player Skye, Order 2

Objective:


  • Rout the enemy, however you can!



Last edited by LadyRena on Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:55 am; edited 1 time in total

_________________

Ten thousand kills, won over a thousand deaths. Oh well, could've done better!
avatar
Posts : 7
Join date : 2018-08-05
Age : 21
Location : hell
View user profile

Re: Raid on Phoenix Hill III -Combat Incarnate-

on Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:27 pm
Aside from that strange ooze-beast, which might or might not be hostile, only one enemy remained; his heavy armor meant that they could likely just... run away, but the thought put a sour taste in Yam's mouth. Still... the others likely had this handled. And she had some perfectly good farmland right here. And it was always nice to make a good first impression.

>Yam: Use the land you just irrigated to grow some nice herbs for the tea you're having later. Magically, of course. If an ally is injured, then heal them, prioritizing whoever is hurt most if necessary.
avatar
Posts : 12
Join date : 2018-08-05
View user profile

Re: Raid on Phoenix Hill III -Combat Incarnate-

on Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:12 pm
OOC:
Riptide should be dead, ignore him for now
"...What nonsense is that? We just killed the rest of your allies." Liana glared at Asheeid. "You should be the one running in terror right now. But, if you insist." In a moment, she was gone.
Liana: Attempt to slip away and vanish from sight. If the others choose to attack Asheeid, Steal something from him and attack him from hiding. If the others choose to surrender, loot as many bodies as possible without letting anyone see.
avatar
Posts : 32
Join date : 2018-08-04
Age : 21
Location : Not the mountains
View user profilehttps://www.project-siege.weebly.com

Re: Raid on Phoenix Hill III -Combat Incarnate-

on Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:14 am
Telle remained in front of Asheeld, a curtain of steel peering down on the shieldbearer... but then, the facade broke with a graceful smile. "Chivalry is sadly a dying art," she remarked. "Your choice to remain here is respectable, despite the actions of your party against us. Like you said, there is no need for the two of us to do battle, but ideally, I would not like for the blood of someone of your demeanor to be shed. Not to mention, combat would likely spill the tea we are planning to have. For those reasons, I'm afraid you'll have to excuse the precautions I'll be taking," She pointed her rod at Asheeld's feet before tracing a circle in the air, mana surging around him.

As for the others around her... the one with the green thumb seemed to be making unique preparations for later. She had a feeling the two would get along well. But the demeanor of the crossbow-wielding stranger, felt more robotic than anything else.

"If you would lower your weapons," she suggested firmly to Derek. "Continuing this combat seems pointless. Perhaps we can resolve this in a more peaceful manner?"

>Telle: Cast a spell that buries Asheeld into the ground up to his knees so that he can't attack from up close (this is not an attack); then ask Derek to peacefully stand down; then if he refuses to stand down, cast a spell that stuns him by encasing him in a fog that induces drowsiness (this is not an attack).

"Now then... This location seems rather far from my estate, but I'm sure I'll have a tea set prepared promptly. Do excuse the delay."
avatar
Posts : 35
Join date : 2018-08-04
Age : 18
View user profile

Re: Raid on Phoenix Hill III -Combat Incarnate-

on Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:40 pm
Skye, acknowledging his new comrade with a serious nod, continued forward... and rocketed himself in fromt of Derek's crossbow-- cape billowing out behind him and obscuring his view.

"THIS BATTLE IS OVER. CROSSBOW- BEARER, THE KING OF ALL ADVERSITY CLAIMS THE EVIL OF THESE FALLEN ENEMIES FOR HIS OWN. HE LIFTS THIS BURDEN, THAT THEIR SPIRITS MAY CONTINUE FREELY TOWARDS THE FUTURE THEY TRULY DESIRE... PERHAPS YOU TOO POSSESS THIS BURDEN."

"YOUR KING WILL CLAIM THIS, TOO!"

>Skye: Engage rocket boosters to follow Derek's crossbow. Attempt to employ KINGLY LEVELS OF JUSTICE-ELEMENTAL CHARISMA to bring out the true nature of whatever's keeping Derek from talking.
avatar
Posts : 11
Join date : 2018-08-05
Age : 24
Location : Maryland
View user profilehttp://roph2.freeforums.net/

Re: Raid on Phoenix Hill III -Combat Incarnate-

on Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:42 am
Telle remained in front of Asheeld, a curtain of steel peering down on the shieldbearer... but then, the facade broke with a graceful smile.

"Chivalry is sadly a dying art," she remarked. "Your choice to remain here is respectable, despite the actions of your party against us. Like you said, there is no need for the two of us to do battle, but ideally, I would not like for the blood of someone of your demeanor to be shed. Not to mention, combat would likely spill the tea we are planning to have. For those reasons, I'm afraid you'll have to excuse the precautions I'll be taking..."

With that, she pointed her rod at Asheeld's feet before tracing a circle in the air, mana surging around him. However, as she was preparing her spell, a voice rang across the battlefield.

"...What nonsense is that? We just killed the rest of your allies."

The speaker was Liana, who was glaring at Asheeld.

"You should be the one running in terror right now. But, if you insist..."

And in a moment, she was gone. Or...kind of. Liana attempted to use the Skill Vanish, but all it did was make her slightly transparent. Likewise, Telle finished her spell, attempting to bury Asheeld up to his knees - however, all it did was dig his heels in to the dirt a little. Bemused, Asheeld spoke again.

"Witch, thou seek peace - an admirable desire...yet it is not meant to be," This was directed at Telle, said as Asheeld raised his feet from the dirt.

"Thief, thou speak of this...nonsense. Thou claim myself should turn tail, betraying mine cause - yet what can one expect from a thief? They never understand honor."

This was said to Liana...but it seems he was not done.

"Thou attempts to sway me from mine path, yet I refuse - the might of a Paladin knows no bounds, yet it knows well the bonds of one's honor, of loyalty, of promise! Mine life is chained to office, mine duty. If thou believes I shall not end thy life, thief, then beware - this power is yours to withstand!"

With that, Asheeld uses Desperate Action, a restricted Skill that allows an endangered fighter to transcend the Action Order, only to immediately use Bodyslam against Liana, sprawling her to the ground. However, he's not done - he immediately turns and sprints to Skye and Yam - it's unclear who he's targeting, but Skye places himself between the Paladin and the Apostle, forcing the decision.

As such, Asheeld lands a critical use of Paladin's Blow on Skye, sending the machine to his knees with only the barest spark of energy remaining. Despite this flurry of action, Asheeld seems completely in his element - poised and powerful, he has sent two of your forces to the ground in pain, while still standing tall himself. There's not even a flinch as blood begins to leak out of his armor; it's clear that the actions he has taken cost him.


"Bear witness to the force thou stands against - I am Asheeld, Paladin of the Fourth Decree! DUTY OR DEATH!"

While this was going on, Telle was having words with Derek about not fighting anymore - Derek was almost...twitching. Trying to lower his crossbow. But the more he tried, the harder his arm jerked back up, locking in to place. At last, his expression broke, but before he could pull the trigger, Skye rocketed again, braking hard in the dirt.

"THIS BATTLE IS OVER. CROSSBOW- BEARER, THE KING OF ALL ADVERSITY CLAIMS THE EVIL OF THESE FALLEN ENEMIES FOR HIS OWN. HE LIFTS THIS BURDEN, THAT THEIR SPIRITS MAY CONTINUE FREELY TOWARDS THE FUTURE THEY TRULY DESIRE... PERHAPS YOU TOO POSSESS THIS BURDEN."

"YOUR KING WILL CLAIM THIS, TOO!"

At last, with one completely normal motion, Derek turns. His expression is grateful, but quickly it twists, morphing in to an look of pain as a coal-black aura began emanating from him. The temperature around him began to drop as the smoky being took shape - wings studded with star-like lights; eyes burning like bonfires; and razor-sharp obsidian talons; it was a hulking, demonic hawk!

It opened its beak and screamed - and the sheer force of it blasted the united forces arrayed before the demon back...except one. Asheeld stood firm, shield raised against the raging wind of the beast's scream.


"See now what I sought to prevent!? The demon within has revealed itself! Wouldst ye align yourselves with it, or shall ye join me slaying it and its foul master!?"

Asheeld's voice boomed across the battlefield, making his intent clear - he wishes to strike down both the demon and Derek for hosting it. You've got an opportunity to finish this - quickly, make your choices!

Players & Allies:


  • Liana - 28/61 HP; Knife, Rifle.
  • Telle - 85/85 HP; Rod, Knife.
  • Skye - 33/79 HP; Saber, Crossbow.
  • Yam - 55/55 HP; Bow, Knife.
  • Derek - 60/85 HP; Crossbow, Rod.
  • Jelustrous - 12/12HP; ???.

Enemies:


  • Tarviary - 96/96 HP; Razor Talons.

Independent:


  • Asheeld - 51/79 HP; Saber.

Attack Order:


  • Player Yam, Order 23
  • Player Liana, Order 18
  • Player Telle, Order 12
  • Ally Derek, Order 12
  • Enemy Tarviary, Order 10
  • Independent Asheeld, Order 5
  • Player Skye, Order 3
  • Ally Jelustrous, Order 2

Objective:


  • Route A - Defeat Tarviary & Derek!
  • Route B - Defeat Asheeld!
  • Route C - Get out of here with as many survivors as you can!


_________________

Ten thousand kills, won over a thousand deaths. Oh well, could've done better!
Sponsored content

Re: Raid on Phoenix Hill III -Combat Incarnate-

Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum